Page 131 of 631 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 9460

Some of the best Namor stories were written by Roger Stern when he joined the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Lol i would'nt want to see namor's thought bubbles there either, it definitely won't be pretty.
    the next TRO is tommorow..i won't be surprised if namor makes it out alive..
    i'll be content if they show him hanging out with the old black panthers in the afterlife either : P
    HA! That would be great! Especially since Namor seems to live up to their standards of what a king ought to be doing better than T'Challa does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Some of the best Namor stories were written by Roger Stern when he joined the Avengers.
    I declare this statement accurate!

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER
    Last edited by Chief Jon; 01-27-2015 at 02:59 PM.

How did i not see this sooner?!?!?! Read Away Namor fans!

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    HA! That would be great! Especially since Namor seems to live up to their standards of what a king ought to be doing better than T'Challa does.

I declare this statement accurate!

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER
    Remember when they fought the Greek gods in Olympus? That was just awesome! Namor held his own against Zeus! I'd post scans but I'm kinda lazy with that.

Remember when they fought the Greek gods in Olympus? That was just awesome! Namor held his own against Zeus! I'd post scans but I'm kinda lazy with that.
    I really loved that story. I first discovered it about 7 years after publication. A few dog-eared issues of that arc were the only comics in my Junior High School Library when I was there and I blitzed through them during homeroom.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER
    'sorry we had you stabbed by our grandsons..but that's the easiest way for you to join our club, namor'

would'nt it be REALLY ironic if somehow Namor became one of T'Challa's spiritual advisors?
    XD XD

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER
    speaking of pale imitations..i think we can take some comfort that Thanos came out before Darkseid.
    Darkseid anyday for me

Zeus? he took on the Zeus?
    Taking on hulk is one thing but the head of a pantheon is another thing
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER
    I've read this before, and it is great. Of course, he's entirely right, both for movies and comics. Marvel is missing the boat entirely (pun intended).

Well, except for the Great Speedo Controversy. I'll have to disagree with him there.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'm off to pick up this week's New Avengers to see if I was right or not about there being zero fallout from Namor's death. Stay cool and unbanned and I will check back later.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm off to pick up this week's New Avengers to see if I was right or not about there being zero fallout from Namor's death. Stay cool and unbanned and I will check back later.
    Avoid it. Not only will you get disappointed but it cast further implication on the necessity of his past actions.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Avoid it. Not only will you get disappointed but it cast further implication on the necessity of his past actions.
    uh, oh . . . should I dread going to my LCS tonight? *Sigh* at least we're getting [the final issue of] All-New Invaders where Namor gets some straight-up love.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Oh Nooooos.... Namors's cousin Shamor has reappeared again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Get all of your Atlantean gold coins ready because in two weeks, Volume 6 Sub-Mariner Masterworks will be shipping
    It's on the advanced shipping list for the week of Febuary 11th. Link: Sneak Peak for February 11th
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-28-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh Nooooos.... Namors's cousin Shamor has reappeared again!
    On the black panther thread we had a joke about this Hatut Zeraze, we named him Barry, who routinely appears and either gets slapped around or gives up info to the enemy. I would totally read a book about Shamor and Barry and their misadventures.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    On the black panther thread we had a joke about this Hatut Zeraze, we named him Barry, who routinely appears and either gets slapped around or gives up info to the enemy. I would totally read a book about Shamor and Barry and their misadventures.
    That sounds pretty awesome. Marvel needs a regular humor book IMO. Stan and Jack launched the first few issues of Not Brand Echh and they were very good at lampooning their own stories. My avatar is from the story that was a parody of the issue where Doom stole the powers of the Silver Surfer. I think the Masterworks for Not Brand Echh comes out later this year. I think Namor had an appearance or two in that series. I think it was amazing that not only were Stan and Jack cranking out Thor and Fantastic Four monthly they also started up Not Brand Ecch.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That sounds pretty awesome. Marvel needs a regular humor book IMO. Stan and Jack launched the first few issues of Not Brand Echh and they were very good at lampooning their own stories. My avatar is from the story that was a parody of the issue where Doom stole the powers of the Silver Surfer. I think the Masterworks for Not Brand Echh comes out later this year. I think Namor had an appearance or two in that series. I think it was amazing that not only were Stan and Jack cranking out Thor and Fantastic Four monthly they also started up Not Brand Ecch.
    I'd love a revival of Not Brand Ecch written by guys like Nick Spencer and Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen and Matt Fraction. Maybe get a lot of Skottie Young art in there.