Page 133 of 631 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe I only said it in the Avengers thread, but I thought I had predicted and griped about it here too. If not, I apologize. But that's been a long time complaint about New Avengers, there's only one PoV.

Ice sculptures from Bobby Drake. Nooooooo! We don't want to see any of those. That one with the dolphin was enough. LOL!
    it's cool..not anyone's fault but marvel's honestly lol
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

i just notice this

bill everett made characters change color underwater and that is pretty effing cool
    this was a time where comic art was still relatively primitive compared to today's standards
    i hope modern artists will follow this too!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i did'nt see your warning in time :<
    i DO realize this is'nt the story for the MU to have a grand funeral for namor, i don't expect iceman to make ice sculptures out of him or the invaders to have gun salutes but for no ONE to mention him at all..
    this is too depressing
    I haven't read his death. And I won't. Not until they bring him back.
    Wake me up when that happens, pretty please?
    Until then, I'll be reading my Tales to Astonish stories and the rest of my Sub-Mariner MMWs where he was treated properly.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Until then, I'll be reading my Tales to Astonish stories and the rest of my Sub-Mariner MMWs where he was treated properly.
    I think they'll have the Namor from AvX, just before being Phoenix powered, replace the "real" Namor.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

would you prefer the namor amnesia hobo method instead?
    XD
    i hope it's a matter of months and not years where we eventually see him flourish again

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I think they'll have the Namor from AvX, just before being Phoenix powered, replace the "real" Namor.
    please no X Men Namor or should i say XXX Man Namoe

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Well, I did warn everyone that's what Hickman was going to do. It wasn't about Namor dying, it was all about T'challa getting revenge.

I believe everyone in this comic knows, as they were all there. But hey, we got two pages of hand wringing from Reed and T'challa and what they thought, while over dead Wakanda. ;p
    I was relieved to see that at least Reed knew nothing about T'Challa and Black Bolt's plan. It makes me scratch my head that Namor and Black Bolt showed up together at the end of the issue just before Namor's death.

BTW, the new Avengers issues will be out next week so I wonder if there will be more fall out there? NA mostly focused on solving the incursions

Iloveuforthis.

I do not want XXX-Men Namor either.

My thing is: I understand things happen with characters to build stories up, and sometimes characters are slightly changed, or have certain aspects of their personalities exaggerated to make the character be what writers want them to be in their stories.
    But that treatment of Namor is my second least favorite to the awful, awful villain/evil character that NA seemed to make him into.
    Having said that, I know that in NA ALLLL the main characters were meant to be seen from their dark(er) sides. Or something like that (I stopped reading that book at, like, issue #18 and skipped issues that Namor was not in).

Yyyyyyuuuuucccckkkkkk.
    Do not want.

Just, please, someone give Namor to Roy Thomas after begging him to write the character he was meant to write for forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was relieved to see that at least Reed knew nothing about T'Challa and Black Bolt's plan. It makes me scratch my head that Namor and Black Bolt showed up together at the end of the issue just before Namor's death.

BTW, the new Avengers issues will be out next week so I wonder if there will be more fall out there? NA mostly focused on solving the incursions
    that trip must be boring..not like namor could have a conversation with blackagar

i dunno honestly..what this issue taught me is to keep my expectations low lol

Iloveuforthis.

My thing is: I understand things happen with characters to build stories up, and sometimes characters are slightly changed, or have certain aspects of their personalities exaggerated to make the character be what writers want them to be in their stories.
    But that treatment of Namor is my second least favorite to the awful, awful villain/evil character that NA seemed to make him into.
    Having said that, I know that in NA ALLLL the main characters were meant to be seen from their dark(er) sides. Or something like that (I stopped reading that book at, like, issue #18 and skipped issues that Namor was not in).
    as mishandled as NA-mor is, he did save universes countless of times..XXX-man didn't do anything significant

Eh, I guess I'd be okay with this. He'd fundamentally be the same character we've had for . . . a long time. It would just come down to who wrote him.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

i just notice this

bill everett made characters change color underwater and that is pretty effing cool
    this was a time where comic art was still relatively primitive compared to today's standards
    i hope modern artists will follow this too!
    Yes, IIRC, he was trying to show how color changes underwater and he was using some different art techniques to portray water and the underwater world. Though, that wouldn't explain why Betty wasn't blue there.

I was going to bring that up in the Readathon, if I can ever catch a break from real life. Originally, not all Atlanteans were blue, they just looked blue underwater. Fen wasn't blue, though Tha-Korr and Byrrah were green or blue. However, that's one change that I'm fine with Stan making in the Silver Age. I think Namor's alienation and race issues works better if he's a different color from the rest of the Atlanteans.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I hope not. After all the crap they've put Namor through, I'd like it to have some significance to HIS story. I want Marvel to spend the time and effort to spectacularly fix what they've done with the character. Of course, since the Atlantis Wakanda debacle, it's clear Namor is only being used as a prop for T'challa's story, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just made it official by giving him the Jean Grey coccoon treatment.

would you prefer the namor amnesia hobo method instead?
    XD
    i hope it's a matter of months and not years where we eventually see him flourish again

LOL! The portrayal of the Sex-Mariner had some issues, I agree, but in retrospect, I think he came out better there. At least he wasn't made a mass murder, with haters who know little about him, trashing him constantly.

I'm not fond of Amnesia Namor either, as a solution to this problem, for the reasons I stated above. Plus, I thought it was beyond lame when they did that with Tony Stark after Civil War, so I'd feel the same even moreso for Namor.

Iloveuforthis.

I'm not surprised that's not a favorite with you either, cause in both of those portrayals of Namor (X-men and New Avengers), he was use as a prop for another character (Cyke and T'challa) and neither is that concerned with Namor's story.

This goes back to the excellent Daredevil #7 you read. Stan gave Namor a story there, and made sure that both Namor and Daredevil looked good. That's not the case with X-Men and New Avengers. When Namor looks good there, it's because the character is so damn good, that it demands it -- hence Namor getting the best lines or being sexy or being painfully perceptive.

Yyyyyyuuuuucccckkkkkk.
    Do not want.
    I think I've said it before, but I liked some portrayals of Sex-Mariner, because for so long we got Asexual Angry Namor. I mean, the guy never interacted with women. And that's just wrong. Women play a big role in Namor's life, more than most male characters I can think of.

But that's not to say that's the only way I want Namor portrayed, cause there's alot more to him than that also.

as mishandled as NA-mor is, he did save universes countless of times..XXX-man didn't do anything significant
    Good point. I'll have to agree with that mostly. The only thing close to significant that Namor did was help build and defend Utopia and they could have done that without him, if push came to shove. There was lot more Namor could have done, but that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Eh, I guess I'd be okay with this. He'd fundamentally be the same character we've had for . . . a long time. It would just come down to who wrote him.
    The million dollar question. It would take a killer creative team and some Aquaman level support from editorial. Sadly, I'm not seeing that happen any time soon.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I hope not. After all the crap they've put Namor through, I'd like it to have some significance to HIS story. I want Marvel to spend the time and effort to spectacularly fix what they've done with the character. Of course, since the Atlantis Wakanda debacle, it's clear Namor is only being used as a prop for T'challa's story, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just made it official by giving him the Jean Grey coccoon treatment.

LOL! The portrayal of the Sex-Mariner had some issues, I agree, but in retrospect, I think he came out better there. At least he wasn't made a mass murder, with haters who know little about him, trashing him constantly.

I'm not fond of Amnesia Namor either, as a solution to this problem, for the reasons I stated above. Plus, I thought it was beyond lame when they did that with Tony Stark after Civil War, so I'd feel the same even moreso for Namor.

I'm not surprised that's not a favorite with you either, cause in both of those portrayals of Namor (X-men and New Avengers), he was use as a prop for another character (Cyke and T'challa) and neither is that concerned with Namor's story.

This goes back to the excellent Daredevil #7 you read. Stan gave Namor a story there, and made sure that both Namor and Daredevil looked good. That's not the case with X-Men and New Avengers. When Namor looks good there, it's because the character is so damn good, that it demands it -- hence Namor getting the best lines or being sexy or being painfully perceptive.

I think I've said it before, but I liked some portrayals of Sex-Mariner, because for so long we got Asexual Angry Namor. I mean, the guy never interacted with women. And that's just wrong. Women play a big role in Namor's life, more than most male characters I can think of.

But that's not to say that's the only way I want Namor portrayed, cause there's alot more to him than that also.

Good point. I'll have to agree with that mostly. The only thing close to significant that Namor did was help build and defend Utopia and they could have done that without him, if push came to shove. There was lot more Namor could have done, but that never happened.

The million dollar question. It would take a killer creative team and some Aquaman level support from editorial. Sadly, I'm not seeing that happen any time soon.
    I don't know why (seriously I dpn't) but reviewing all of the above reminded me of Morisson's original desire going into New X-Men to have Namor take over as headmaster of the Xavier institute . . . THAT would have been an iteration of Namor in the X-men that I think would have been treated well, or at least gotten more of his own story rather than being in the background outside of Utopia. (I understand Morisson also originally wanted to use Storm but was told he couldn't and that's what led to Emma becoming a core member of the team).

Yyyyyyuuuuucccckkkkkk.
    Do not want.
    Not that he'll stay an X-Man. I thought that was dumb, Namor can be part of a team like Avengers or Invaders because he can still technically pull out due to his own interests. With X-Men the mutant agenda comes first and that's not really Namor's primary or secondary.. heck even tertiary concern. I just think they'll pull in a Namor that hasn't been involved in all the controversy 616 Namor has. Which *might* be interesting especially if he's got to rebuild his nation and has to deal with global mistrust for actions he technically hasn't had anything to do with.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-29-2015 at 05:16 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum