Page 14 of 631 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsw00d View Post
    Big fan of Namor...(one of the original four, along with Superman, Batman, and The Human Torch)...loved reading thru this thread.
    Welcome Kingsw00d! And if you're a fan of those Golden Age greats you've come to the right thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsw00d View Post
    Big fan of Namor...(one of the original four, along with Superman, Batman, and The Human Torch)...loved reading thru this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Welcome Kingsw00d! And if you're a fan of those Golden Age greats you've come to the right thread.
    What Chief Jon said, welcome! Happy to find another Namor fan!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    The casting call posts from the last 3 pages are quite interesting. Rhys Myers was off my radar for a long time until Dracula. He was pretty good (although I thought Thomas Kretschmann stole the show.)

For some reason, I see Richard Armitage as Doctor Strange more than Namor - even though he does have a bit of Namor's look about him. He is utterly petrified of drowning (the sub pursuit sequence in Captain America: The First Avenger freaked him out once the water came into the sub.)

But Lee Pace...wow. I think he would be a splendid Namor.

So many choices.
    I didn't know that about Richard Armitage. I felt for him, being such a tall guy and crammed into that little sub. Hmmmm. Dr. Strange.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Dracula. I hope it gets renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Shame he's taken already.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Lee Pace's Ronan. He was great in War of KIngs.

That said, we've seen some actors, like Chris Evans, play more than one Marvel character, so I don't think that's too much of a hurdle ... especially if they make Ronan blue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

That said, we've seen some actors, like Chris Evans, play more than one Marvel character, so I don't think that's too much of a hurdle ... especially if they make Ronan blue.
    The only thing is those were different studios.

BANNED

The only thing is those were different studios.
    Sadly, at this point, Namor belongs to Universal, not Marvel Studios. I've no idea why Marvel didn't grab Namor, along with Hulk and Dr. Strange, from Universal.

BANNED

Sadly, at this point, Namor belongs to Universal, not Marvel Studios. I've no idea why Marvel didn't grab Namor, along with Hulk and Dr. Strange, from Universal.
    I think Universal has the rights for at least one more year.
    No idea why they are still holding on to them.

BANNED

I think Universal has the rights for at least one more year.
    No idea why they are still holding on to them.
    Really? I hadn't heard that. It would be awesome, but I don't get the feeling that Marvel's all that interested. Feige forgot Universal even had Namor.

As for Universal ... well, SOMEONE there apparently sees the awesome potential of Namor. He's had a script and two well known directors attached to the movie -- and as late as 2009, Jonathan Mostow said the movie was a go. I think part of the deal is the script has some great visuals. The concept artist thought it looked great. Of course, those visuals are extremely challenging and probably expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    What Chief Jon said, welcome! Happy to find another Namor fan!
    Thank you gentlemen. Yes, I enjoyed both the Golden and Silver Ages equally. Guess this is where the long tooths hang out?

Just reposting my scans from Subby #17 and #18.

<3

"All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

"All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I didn't know that about Richard Armitage. I felt for him, being such a tall guy and crammed into that little sub. Hmmmm. Dr. Strange.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Dracula. I hope it gets renewed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Lee Pace's Ronan. He was great in War of KIngs.

Yeah, I could easily see Lee playing another part in the Marvel universe. And Djimon Hounsou too...

Dracula > yeah a season 2 would be crazy.

Really? I hadn't heard that. It would be awesome, but I don't get the feeling that Marvel's all that interested. Feige forgot Universal even had Namor.

As for Universal ... well, SOMEONE there apparently sees the awesome potential of Namor. He's had a script and two well known directors attached to the movie -- and as late as 2009, Jonathan Mostow said the movie was a go. I think part of the deal is the script has some great visuals. The concept artist thought it looked great. Of course, those visuals are extremely challenging and probably expensive.
    Regarding a Namor film, they probably could do it now since so much of the environs would probably be CGI. Expensive, yeah > most likely. Fingers crossed that the rights to Namor revert so perhaps he can be an Avenger at some point, since FF is stuck at Fox.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Great scans! I love Jon&Sal Buscema's Namor the best. I know many other artists tend to draw him slim, but...Look at all the muscles and dramatic gestures! Not to mention the furrowed brow

glad to see Rheged has continued this thread.

BANNED

WUT??? Oh please, not running so fast he breaks the time barrier?

Boy, have I felt that way! LOL!

I'm sure it has something to do with the movies. It seems they influence the comics greatly these days.

I haven't seen Robinson do snark or funny, like Si Spurrier's Dr. Nemesis. Does anyone know if he's done that? And actually, it would be great if we FINALLY could get a writer who would let Namor remember Dr. Nemesis was a Nazi who tried to kill him and the rest of the Invaders. I still don't understand why the X-office wouldn't let anyone deal with that. Asmus even wanted to do it in his Escape From the Negative Zone arc.

Wait, you're not buying Invaders?
    I'm not buying Fantastic Four (Even though I want to because I love that team), sorry if that was unclear. Of course I'm buying Invaders lol it has Bucky, Cap, Jim and Namor in it where else can I read all of those guys together.

Quicksilver had some really stupid Inhuman powers from the Terrigen Mists where he could jump into the Future instead of running really fast how that even works is beyond me.

I understand some Movie Influence but the level of influence it has on Thor which is fairly minimal yet can still attract movie fans is where I can stand with it but when you change the Royal Inhuman family into Inhumans in a world that hates and fears them that just makes me think you don't even understand Inhumans.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post

Thanks for posting, Cold Water. I definitely prefer a more muscular Namor (makes sense with deep sea living.)
    archer * magician *soldier * spy