Page 15 of 631 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsw00d View Post
    Thank you gentlemen. Yes, I enjoyed both the Golden and Silver Ages equally. Guess this is where the long tooths hang out?
    LOL! Well, there's definitely some of us that are long in the tooth. But I think we're a good cross section of fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    glad to see Rheged has continued this thread.
    Hey, you made it! Good to see you. We've got an Invaders thread up and running too.

Oh, you know I can't go without chattering about Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Thanks for posting, Cold Water. I definitely prefer a more muscular Namor (makes sense with deep sea living.)
    Really??
    I think the body type of Jae Lee's NEWER Namor is absolutely perfect for him.
    He's muscular, but NOT bulky. His body makes sense.
    And, now I'm going to talk about how freaking sexy his NEWER Namor is.
    MEYOW.
    GOODGODYUM.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

All of my scans I posted today were from Subby #17. I ran out of time to post the rest, and I didn't want to get in trouble for spamming the thread with a ton of scans.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Really??
    MEYOW.
    GOODGODYUM.
    In terms of living with the tremendous pressures once you hit a certain point in the ocean, being that muscular makes sense to a degree. Then again, he is a swimmer and I can understand the appeal of a master swimmer's body and Jae Lee's art.

I'm pretty easy when it comes to Namor (wait, that doesn't sound right. ), but I liked what you posted.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

All of my scans I posted today were from Subby #17. I ran out of time to post the rest, and I didn't want to get in trouble for spamming the thread with a ton of scans.
    We can get in trouble for posting tons of pic spam in an appreciation thread? Uh oh. LOL!

The only thing saving folks from a bunch of pic spam from me is my computer is giving me fits. And the lack of time. Arrrrgh! Still trying to find a quick way to save threads from the old forum.
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-07-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Yup. I'm not complaining. I'm pretty easy when it comes to Namor too.:]

muscular Namor

Namor with muscular upper body +slim lower body

and Lee's noble Namor. Perfect.
    Last edited by plantsea; 05-07-2014 at 08:30 PM.

BANNED

Thanks for posting, Cold Water. I definitely prefer a more muscular Namor (makes sense with deep sea living.)
    Really??
    MEYOW.
    GOODGODYUM.
    Ah, the Sue reaction. :P

In terms of living with the tremendous pressures once you hit a certain point in the ocean, being that muscular makes sense to a degree. Then again, he is a swimmer and I can understand the appeal of a master swimmer's body and Jae Lee's art.

I'm pretty easy when it comes to Namor (wait, that doesn't sound right. ), but I liked what you posted.
    Nope, nope, that sounds exactly right. LOL!

If you guys think this is a muscular Namor, I should dig out the Geoff Isherwood 90s Namor. Bodybuilder Namor with a pony tail. =_= Not my favorite, though I think Isherwood's pencils are great, even if his choice of body types wasn't.

The pressures of the deep are supposed to account for their greater strength, and I think Namor bullet proof skin. So, I'm guessing all the Atlanteans are bullet proof?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by plantsea View Post

muscular Namor

Namor with muscular upper body +slim lower body

AWESOME! Some great Imperius Rex! pictures!

I haven't seen that last one much, but I agree with that narrator. "A king among men."

You've got to love that Stan Lee caption: "End of warning. Beginning of action!"

Quote Originally Posted by plantsea View Post

muscular Namor

I like the latter day Lee image better stylistically, but dang if I don't love to see Namor about to clobber Stark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I like the latter day Lee image better stylistically, but dang if I don't love to see Namor about to clobber Stark.

LOL! I'm beginning to think some tiny bit of your appreciation for Namor is his willingness to throw down with Tony at the drop of a hat.

BANNED

Digging thru some folders and found this bit of fun.

By Adam Moore
    http://laemeur.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2u36hv

No, that makes complete sense, I guess I just lumped that in with his super strength. He doesn't have to be super huge to be super strong, to me.
    But, I, too, love his look in the scans I posted. I LOVE that artist's Namor. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    We can get in trouble for posting tons of pic spam in an appreciation thread? Uh oh. LOL!

The only thing saving folks from a bunch of pic spam from me is my computer is giving me fits. And the lack of time. Arrrrgh! Still trying to find a quick way to save threads from the old forum.

Well, I wasn't sure if there was a rule on how many scans from the same book you could post? I thought I read someone mention something about it the other day.
    Maybe there is no such thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Digging thru some folders and found this bit of fun.

By Adam Moore
    http://laemeur.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2u36hv
    Hahahahaha!!!
    As awesome as Namor is, you DO have to admit he can be pretty hilarious at times when he gets loud and proud.

BANNED

Hahahahaha!!!
    As awesome as Namor is, you DO have to admit he can be pretty hilarious at times when he gets loud and proud.
    This art was done by a guy for his girlfriend ... I'm not sure he sees the same thing in Namor that his gal does. LOL!

Karl Kesel, after writing Namor in the 70th Anniversary All Winners book, said "Namor was a big surprise," he notes. "Every brash and arrogant word out of his mouth was an absolute joy to write. He's one of the funniest characters in comics, and no one knows it! He doesn't even know it!"

Karl is half right, as Namor can also pull off the dramatically serious and intense. If you need an old school speech, Namor's the guy. If you need something impossibly romantic, he's also the guy. If you need a scathing setdown, he's still the guy. He's a very versatile character.

It also helps that most of his fans have a sense of humor, I think.