Page 156 of 631 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Yes. Because he was amazing in the X-men, and he's one of the reasons that the Extinction Team was so interesting.
    Which is why I said "part of me" wishes. There are times when I feel it's lessened his role in the greater Marvel Universe and set him on a path that I personally don't care for. Again, I loved many of the X-stories he appeared in. I've always preferred my Namor on the Fantastic Four and sometimes Avengers side of things.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Part of me really wishes he never became involved with the X-characters. Am I crazy in thinking that?
    No. I love the X-Men and I love Namor, but he should have never been with them.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Which is why I said "part of me" wishes. There are times when I feel it's lessened his role in the greater Marvel Universe and set him on a path that I personally don't care for. Again, I loved many of the X-stories he appeared in. I've always preferred my Namor on the Fantastic Four and sometimes Avengers side of things.
    I agree. He has a much longer history with the Fantastic Four and even helped Reed and Sue's marriage get back on track. I guess I really didn't like him sniffing around Emma. IMO she seemed beneath him, like a surface world Lyra, more of a manipulative type. Never liked her much.

I'd like to read an Atlantis book set in the distant past with one of Namor's ancestors. Sort of an undersea Conan or Red Sonja book with him/her uniting all the various Mer people, dealing with the Old Atlantean Kings from Hickman's FF run, and dealing with something along the lines of the "Tobans" we kicked around earlier. I'd buy that with a quickness.

You could do some really, really cool world building.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-12-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree. He has a much longer history with the Fantastic Four and even helped Reed and Sue's marriage get back on track. I guess I really didn't like him sniffing around Emma. IMO she seemed beneath him, like a surface world Lyra, more of a manipulative type. Never liked her much.
    Iloveu. And completely agree.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I am! I blame it all on him falling in with the X-Men. LOL
    Part of me really wishes he never became involved with the X-characters. Am I crazy in thinking that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Yes. Because he was amazing in the X-men, and he's one of the reasons that the Extinction Team was so interesting.
    There's no doubt that Namor was amazing in the X-Men, because Namor is amazing whatever book he appears in -- yes, even Hickman's Avengers. ;p

That said, just like in Hickman's Avengers, Namor was being used to prop up another character -- Cyke. And like Hickman's Avengers, Namor's X-Men appearances focused on one side of the character, albeit a very nice side. And again, like Hickman's Avengers, his own potential and stories were completely wasted. However, in X-Men, it wasn't detrimental to the character and he did get his own solo to explore his story, though I felt it was shabbily treated by editorial.

Plus, most importantly, the X-Men also exposed Namor to a different audience and gained him new fans.

It was extracting him from the X-Men that led to his present situation. I don't think Namor's association with the X-Men prevented him from playing a role in the greater MU. He was still on the Illuminati, and the Cabal, the Defenders, and he appeared in the FF and Cap's book and Hulk's book. It only lessened his role in the greater MU in that the X-Men aren't usually participating in the greater MU. But his position within the X-Men Universe was high, even if they rarely did anything important with it.

I had some problems with Namor on the X-Men, but in hindsight, it was far better treatment then he is getting now with the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    No. I love the X-Men and I love Namor, but he should have never been with them.
    I agree, Namor has a much longer history with the FF, but Hickman didn't want to add him to the FF, he added Spider-Man instead. Nor did Fraction want to add him to the FF, he added Scott Lang, Medusa, She-Hulk and that pink haired girlfriend of Johnny's instead. Ditto Robinson. It appears the only role Namor has with the FF currently is as occasional guest star.

I am hoping for SVTU, which would give a book to two of my FF favorites, Namor and Doom.

As for Emma ... she's an acquired taste. ; ) I agree, she is manipulative, but Namor knows that, and it's like a game they play. I like them together, they are a lot of fun, in an outrageous, "OMG, they didn't say that," way. My biggest problem with them, is that much like with Sue since their marriage, editorial never gave Namor a chance with Emma.

Kristopher Anka just posted this on his Tumblr.

Title: the slutty royals lol.
    I think this just proves that Namor's time on the X-Men was worth it. That's a great pic!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    *cough, ahem* writer and voice over artist here *cough*
    Wow. I didn't know you did voice work, also. Awesomely, multi-talented!

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Lol we should pool our resources!
    i will supply unconventional ideas..and the funnies
    I would definitely subscribe to that channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I'd like to read an Atlantis book set in the distant past with one of Namor's ancestors. Sort of an undersea Conan or Red Sonja book with him/her uniting all the various Mer people, dealing with the Old Atlantean Kings from Hickman's FF run, and dealing with something along the lines of the "Tobans" we kicked around earlier. I'd buy that with a quickness.

You could do some really, really cool world building.
    I think I read someone here purpose a series like that dealing with Namor's grandfather, Tha-Korr. Which I think would be great, especially after seeing him explored a little in Namor the First Mutant. He appears to have been a real hard a$$. ;p IIRC, he was the one who moved the Atlanteans to the Southern Polar cap, and he went by the title of Emperor, which suggests that he united various groups of the underwater civilizations.

The Old Kings of Atlantis would go back further, perhaps even before King Kamuu and Queen Zarta, when Neptune lived with the Atlanteans.

And then there's Suma-Ket's first appearance, when Kalen, Kamuu's grandson, fought him, the Unforgiven Dead and the Faceless Ones.

Or maybe they could do all of that in a 12 issue maxi-series History of Atlantis, like Peter David's Atlantis Chronicles! I'd love that, especially if they got a cool artist like Simone Bianchi. Someone interested in drawing the ocean life and fantastical architecture.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Or maybe they could do all of that in a 12 issue maxi-series History of Atlantis, like Peter David's Atlantis Chronicles! I'd love that, especially if they got a cool artist like Simone Bianchi. Someone interested in drawing the ocean life and fantastical architecture.
    My vote would be Cary Nord. I know I'm leaning hard on Conan, but he does antiquity well and I think Bianchi tends to look a little too... I don't know the art term but kind of muted.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I don't know about that, aquaman's been doing pretty well in DC , he has his own book and a spin-off now and that still has'nt budged marvel to do the same

I'd prefer Betty to be alive and part of Namor's cast if they decide to make a movie.
    Imagine how crazy we would get if at the end of Betty's retelling of the 1940s to her grandson, Namor knocks on the door with his blonde cousin.
    That opens up Namorita to her own TV Series tied-in to the movies, similar to Agents of Shield

1) a godfather to Betty's child? a family friend?
    2) i'd imagine they all would have a good, warm relationship with each other. Betty's the first surface dweller he has respect for, right?
    3) I'm not sure of Mr Prentiss's occupation but i'd rather they be SHIELD agents or cops as Betty would be a decorated policewoman
    If there was a way for Marvel to do an Invaders movie, that would have been the best way to intro him into the MCU imo. Maybe replace the Nazis with HYDRA(which wouldn't be too hard) and start out with a young actor to play Namor. That way you start with an actor who could grow into the role and be ready for future solo movies.

Maybe they could have had an episode on Agent Carter that has a flashback of a team of heroes that fought during the war.

Regarding movie talk: Frankly I just want a movie made regardless of movie rights and I want it to be good more importantly. My preference however would be for it to take place in the MCU, not just for the Invaders references, but also because we'd get more Namor within the MU due to this. And really, this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    My vote would be Cary Nord. I know I'm leaning hard on Conan, but he does antiquity well and I think Bianchi tends to look a little too... I don't know the art term but kind of muted.
    Well, he certainly seems to have a handle on battle scenes. I'm not so sure about his backgrounds and buildings, I didn't see much of those. I'll have to pick up his Conan book and take a look.

Bianchi's detailed work can suffer from the wrong colorist, and look very muddy. But I loved this cover of his -- the coloring was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If there was a way for Marvel to do an Invaders movie, that would have been the best way to intro him into the MCU imo. Maybe replace the Nazis with HYDRA(which wouldn't be too hard) and start out with a young actor to play Namor. That way you start with an actor who could grow into the role and be ready for future solo movies.

Maybe they could have had an episode on Agent Carter that has a flashback of a team of heroes that fought during the war
    They did that, and went with the Howling Commandos.

But I agree, the Invaders in Cap's movie would have been best, but they didn't do that. And like I said, they've systematically replaced Namor in Cap and the MCU's history. IF they ever get around to Namor, he won't have any connections left, unless they can also get their hands on Jim Hammond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Regarding movie talk: Frankly I just want a movie made regardless of movie rights and I want it to be good more importantly. My preference however would be for it to take place in the MCU, not just for the Invaders references, but also because we'd get more Namor within the MU due to this. And really, this is a good thing.
    My preference is for Namor to have a great movie, also. However, I don't see it happening, now, especially at MCU.

BANNED

Seriously....photoshopers and Meme makers in the Namor thread.....we are in serious need of a photo or something that shows and demonstrates this thought.....

"Oh, look Atlansis was destroyed... Must be Wednesday."

People seem to forget that out of destroyed nations Atlantis is king. I mean they didn't put themselves under the dang ocean. Lol
    Last edited by Trident; 02-12-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Seriously....photoshopers and Meme makers in the Namor thread.....we are in serious need of a photo or something that shows and demonstrates this thought.....

"Oh, look Atlansis was destroyed... Must be Wednesday."

People seem to forget that out of destroyed nations Atlantis is king. I mean they did put themselves under the dang ocean. Lol
    I know what you mean. LOL!

Or maybe something like, Atlantis. Being destroyed since 400 B.C. with a picture of Plato's Atlantis.

I'm sure I saw something like that. Or maybe it was an invasion on. I'll check.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I know what you mean. LOL!

Or maybe something like, Atlantis. Being destroyed since 400 B.C. with a picture of Plato's Atlantis.

I'm sure I saw something like that. Or maybe it was an invasion on. I'll check.
    LMAO
    That would be good too!