Page 16 of 631 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Well, I wasn't sure if there was a rule on how many scans from the same book you could post? I thought I read someone mention something about it the other day.
    Maybe there is no such thing?
    There's a rule about posting no more than 3 full page scans from a comic at time. Panels and art doesn't fall under that, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    LOL! I'm beginning to think some tiny bit of your appreciation for Namor is his willingness to throw down with Tony at the drop of a hat.
    Well it certainly hasn't hurt my appreciation of Namor.

BANNED

HA! Who can't get behind a good Namor but kicking, regardless of who he is dealing it out too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Well it certainly hasn't hurt my appreciation of Namor.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    HA! Who can't get behind a good Namor but kicking, regardless of who he is dealing it out too?
    Especially when it's usually accompanied by a verbal smackdown. :P

I almost didn't recognize you with the name and icon change!

BANNED

Especially when it's usually accompanied by a verbal smackdown. :P
    Indeed, the smack talk is half the fun of it!

I almost didn't recognize you with the name and icon change!
    HA! Funny how that happened...I wanted to switch up my Avatar for a little bit and just happen on the same day my Name Request change went through. Cold Water had the same confusion going on in the another thread

I'm on a Quicksilver kick right now so it seemed appropriate. It's been awhile since a group of people actually wanted to keep a Quicksilver thread going and I'm enjoying it so far.
    Last edited by Trident; 05-09-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Indeed, the smack talk is half the fun of it!

HA! Funny how that happened...I wanted to switch up my Avatar for a little bit and just happen on the same day my Name Request change went through. Cold Water had the same confusion going on in the another thread

I'm a Quicksilver kick right now so it seemed appropriate. It's been awhile since a group of people actually wanted to keep a Quicksilver thread going and I'm enjoying it so far.
    As in formerly Namor's Trident?

BANNED

As in formerly Namor's Trident?
    Yes, Sir!

BANNED

Found this quote from Fraction when he was promoting Defenders. I think I'm going to put it in the Best Illuminati thread as this should answer that question quite well.

Too bad Hickman isn't considering some of this, especially the part about Atlantis.

"Water covers 70-some percent of the Earth's surface. We've seen more of outer space than we have of the ocean, and aside from the fact that he is functionally the emperor of Earth in terms of geography, Namor has a geo-political understanding. He has a perspective on scale that these guys don't," Fraction explained. "Namor has been wrapped up in some awful big stuff that the other people haven't. He's going to be sort of like Alexander with the Gordian Knot; he's the shortest path between two points because he's got this very practical experience with realpolitick that the rest of them don't have."

Ruling Atlantis, one of the oldest kingdoms in the Marvel Universe, gives Namor other benefits as well, including access to some of the kingdom's rare historical documents that offer up information on what life on Earth was like thousands of years ago.

"Namor has access to all this stuff that humans don't and can go places they can't go. He's forgotten more things than we'll ever know," Fraction remarked. "Plus, he has his foot in so many different worlds. His unique biology as an early mutant led to his membership in the X-Men. He covers both the mutant base and the Atlantean base -- not to mention he's very well connected, having been a member or so many other super teams."

The Sub-Mariner is a very passionate and proud individual, character traits that often lead to interesting dynamics in the super teams he joins. One thing Namor is especially passionate about is strong women.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=35161

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Found this quote from Fraction when he was promoting Defenders. I think I'm going to put it in the Best Illuminati thread as this should answer that question quite well.

Too bad Hickman isn't considering some of this, especially the part about Atlantis.

Wow. Now I'm really bummed that book was axed. Thanks for posting this.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I miss that book. It had so much promise. I dig the new avatar and name Trident!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Wow. Now I'm really bummed that book was axed. Thanks for posting this.
    I miss that book. It had so much promise. I dig the new avatar and name Trident!
    Yeah, it's a shame. But I can't say Marvel didn't try to push that book. Of course, I'd probably be nit picky about Namor even so. LOL!

BANNED

In case you didn't see the thread in the forum ...

The first appearance of Captain America, the Death of Gwen Stacy, the coming of Galactus, Civil War and everything in between! From the first time four adventurers flew a fateful mission to outer space to the epic clash of Avengers vs. X-Men. Tell us what you think the best Marvel stories of all time are! Email your picks to marvel75@marvel.com to help us decide which stories to print. It’s that simple! Pick your top 75 or just your number #1. Once the votes are in, we’ll choose the best ones to print in this enormous 1200 page book and we’ll release the top 75 as a special digital exclusive collection!

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/5...#ixzz31Cfi3ZMd

So, what Namor stories or Namor team stories would you send in?

I can actually think of some classic ones, but I'm not sure how many in his own series would make the cut.

In case you didn't see the thread in the forum ...

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/5...#ixzz31Cfi3ZMd

So, what Namor stories or Namor team stories would you send in?

I can actually think of some classic ones, but I'm not sure how many in his own series would make the cut.
    Oh man. This is going to take some thought. There's just SOOOOOOOOOO much to choose from.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

I need to save that some where so that every time someone on the forum goes "why is Namor there" Bam instant answer by a respected writer. I sound like a broken record by saying "Namor really could be placed anywhere in the MU earth due to his background" , it's not even me being fan biased. Just simple truth.

I dig the new avatar and name Trident!
    Thanks Jon! I do too

I'll probably give the Avatar a go for a couple weeks/months before I switch back to my fav one.

BANNED

I need to save that some where so that every time someone on the forum goes "why is Namor there" Bam instant answer by a respected writer. I sound like a broken record by saying "Namor really could be placed anywhere in the MU earth due to his background" , it's not even me being fan biased. Just simple truth.
    I'll link it on the opening posts for you. It is a good quote.

And yes, it is true, because Namor HAS been placed just about everywhere in the MU. I think the only place he hasn't had much to do with is Cosmic ... but we saw him in that setting in Subby 17 and 18, in the scans Cold Water posted. And actually, I think in one of the War of Kings issues, they mention that Triton's terregenesis (aquatic life) is tailored for space exploration, as both environments involve floating and 'swimming' thru their atmosphere. So, it's not an impossibility for Namor, either.

As I said previously, a very versatile character. I need to rescue my list of character types Namor has played from the old forum.

Thanks Jon! I do too

I'll probably give the Avatar a go for a couple weeks/months before I switch back to my fav one.
    You can always rotate through avatars like Cold Water. Sometimes I think I should get some use out of the ton of Namor avatars I have, but I don't think my posting voice is as distinct as Cold Water.