Page 17 of 631 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Oh man. This is going to take some thought. There's just SOOOOOOOOOO much to choose from.

Well, some are easy, as they are generally regarded as classics, period. To name a few off the top of my head ...

Marvel Comics #1, first appearance.
    Marvel Mystery Comics #8?, first superhero crossover, the battle with the Human Torch

Fantastic Four #4, Johnny Storm finds Namor
    Fantastic Four #6, first Marvel super-villian team-up, with Namor and Doom
    Avengers #4, Namor "frees" Cap from the ice.
    Daredevil #7, the iconic mismatched, courage defining fight with Daredevil

BANNED

Found this interview while looking at Invaders stuff. Not sure I agree entirely with Robinson here, but at least we know where he's coming from now.

Marvel.com: You mentioned things that are going on with Captain America, that’s he’s remembering things; does Cap fully trust the other Invaders at this point?

James Robinson: He doesn’t trust all of them. I don’t think anyone can trust Namor completely. Not because of anything necessarily utterly complicitous, but he is possibly the most mercurial hero character in the Marvel Universe. So you can never quite tell what he’s planning or what his goals are. But at the same time, as he’ll point out to Jim Hammond down the line, what they did together is…not saving his soul, but doing the right thing to feel good about some of the other decisions that he made in his life as ruler of Atlantis.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/4...#ixzz31FsZp2Up
    When Robinson says he doesn't trust them all, he means Namor, cause apparently Cap trusts Bucky and Jim completely. :P

He goes on to talk about trust as a main theme in these books / stories.

Marvel.com: Secrets are a part of being a superhero, but trust is also a big part of being on a team. What do you most want to say about those two themes in this storyline?

James Robinson: I think the one thing ultimately that you’re going to see in my book, that will pay off relatively quickly within two issues is: You can lie because you’re deceitful. You can lie because you are evil. Sometimes you lie to spare someone the truth and sometimes you lie because you love somebody and you want them to not know some horrible, horrible, fact. It’s never a good thing to lie, ever, but if the person that does it loves you or you love that person, part of the process once you learn about that lie, is forgiveness and contrition. It’s contrition, but true contrition because everybody says “I’m sorry,” when they’re caught. It’s the people that say “I’m sorry,” that really mean it that are the people who you usually extend some forgiveness or put yourself in their shoes. That is a theme that we’ll see playing out in ALL-NEW INVADERS, as well as in FANTASTIC FOUR.

BANNED

by Scott Kolins, who appears to be a very imaginative guy who takes advantage of visual abundance of an aquatic environment.

BANNED

Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited by Rheged; 05-11-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Happy Mother's Day!

And to your mom!

That Fen is gorgeous. Is that a commission you own?

Regarding Robinson's take on Namor, I can understand why Namor would not trust Bucky, but the rest of the Invaders? That's puzzling to me.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    And to your mom!

Regarding Robinson's take on Namor, I can understand why Namor would not trust Bucky, but the rest of the Invaders? That's puzzling to me.
    The way I read that interview I was left with no reason to believe Namor doesn't trust the rest of them, more-so that they (or at least Steve) don't 100% trust him.

BANNED

Found this interview while looking at Invaders stuff. Not sure I agree entirely with Robinson here, but at least we know where he's coming from now.

When Robinson says he doesn't trust them all, he means Namor, cause apparently Cap trusts Bucky and Jim completely. :P

He goes on to talk about trust as a main theme in these books / stories.
    I can sorta see that though. Silver age Namor spent a lot of his time as a opposing force of the heroes in Marvel(Whether some of his reason may have been valid from his perspective or not) add in AvX and now Cap remembering what went down with the Illuminati fully trusting Namor ,in Cap's shoes, wouldn't be the wisest course to go.

I am however, not really like the direction several writers now seem to be pointing Namor in. It almost seems like a current Marvel mandate now to paint Namor a certain way. It's happening far too often to be mere coincidence I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    The way I read that interview I was left with no reason to believe Namor doesn't trust the rest of them, more-so that they (or at least Steve) don't 100% trust him.
    Thanks for that Chief Jon. I reread and your synopsis makes a lot more sense. I am not on the up and up with Steve as of late, so I misread.

BANNED

"You surface Dwellers have disgraced the Kingdom of Atlantis for the last time. IMPERIUS REX!"

BANNED

And to your mom!

I wish! It's an Alex Ross piece, that was in the Marvel's anniversary hardcover. One of my favorite images of Princess Fen.

What Chief Jon said. It's who Cap trusts. I didn't get the feeling that Namor didn't trust Bucky. In fact, I think they are far more pragmatic than Cap, and trust each other to do what their responsibilities dictate. Namor and Bucky trust each other within a certain context, but understand there are situations outside of that context that might conflict.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    "You surface Dwellers have disgraced the Kingdom of Atlantis for the last time. IMPERIUS REX!"
    I await the Avenging Son making it so!

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    You dare raise arms against Atlantis? Prepare to be laid waste by the full might of a Prince of the Realm!

I wish! It's an Alex Ross piece, that was in the Marvel's anniversary hardcover. One of my favorite images of Princess Fen.

What Chief Jon said. It's who Cap trusts. I didn't get the feeling that Namor didn't trust Bucky. In fact, I think they are far more pragmatic than Cap, and trust each other to do what their responsibilities dictate. Namor and Bucky trust each other within a certain context, but understand there are situations outside of that context that might conflict.
    It's a beaut.

And thank you for also clarifying it's Cap, Rheged. With all the stuff going on in NA (that I'm not reading), I misread that.

Sufferin' Shad! What a day. I had 4 hours worth of Anatomy final exams, then came home, and, relieved of the burden of Vet School for the summer, proceeded to write my first installment of the regular column I'm going to be doing over at Marvel 616 Politics. Unfortunately it's Hank Pym related BUT I have a really good idea for another Namor-centric column, and for the broad golden age fan I should have a [VERY academic] Jim Hammond related piece I wrote years ago transcribed and appearing there soon.

Who among the Great Society do you want Namor to battle one-on-one? I would like for him to battle Sun God or the Jovian the most as they seem as if they would be the most well matched against Namor.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!