Page 24 of 631 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I have decided not to be a slacker anymore.
    You are never a slacker! You've got too many things going on to be a slacker!

And thank you for posting these lovely scans again. They always make me smile. Keeling over now, but I will pay them proper attention tomorrow.

From Subby #17

From Subby #18

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This week, Namor is featured in the Psych Ward column on Marvel as a sort of promo for the Original Sin tie in.

I like this recounting of his first session during the time of Dark Reign:

The client arrived whenever he wished for session, left with similar disinterest in the structure of therapy, refused to alter his attire to something more appropriate to a clinical setting, and repeatedly belittled the writer’s occupation, abilities, and education. After a few sessions, he simply stopped attending and would not return the writer’s attempts to contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This week, Namor is featured in the Psych Ward column on Marvel as a sort of promo for the Original Sin tie in.

The client arrived whenever he wished for session, left with similar disinterest in the structure of therapy, refused to alter his attire to something more appropriate to a clinical setting, and repeatedly belittled the writer’s occupation, abilities, and education. After a few sessions, he simply stopped attending and would not return the writer’s attempts to contact him.
    Hahahahaha! That's awesome.

Rheged, reading those snippets of Vin Diesel interviews I actually can see the guy as the Avenging Son. I mean, Vin isn't a bad actor. He's not the greatest but he isn't bad, and he's definitely got Geek-Cred between his comic book & table top gaming knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    You are never a slacker! You've got too many things going on to be a slacker!

And thank you for posting these lovely scans again. They always make me smile. Keeling over now, but I will pay them proper attention tomorrow.
    Ha! Thanks, but I have been neglectful in my appreciation of Namor.
    My reading pile is just starting to overwhelm me, though, so I have to knock out some of those other reads piling up.
    But I always keep a Namor book of sorts nearby. <3

I should probably put up what few scans I've gotten of Namor from classic Invaders and SoSM.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

One of my favorites.

Another favorite, a throwback to the golden age (original is better, though).

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

LOL! Thanks for posting this Iron Maiden. I enjoy those Psych Ward columns.

And Bravo Chief Jon for the Namor film ideas. Those are terrific.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-17-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

LOL! Now, THAT sounds like Namor. The 'furtive' and nervous guy, not so much. Though I'd have loved to have heard THIS conversation.

Instead, he engaged the writer in a long exploration of the word “sin” and what it meant to humans as opposed to Atlanteans and what it might mean within the field of psychology.
    I liked half of the first Psych Ward, the part where he acknowledged Namor positive traits, of course. But then he went off into chemical imbalance terrority. ugh My favorite part was this:

The writer attempted to redirect the client on his attire, pointing out its inappropriateness for a clinical setting, but the Sub-Mariner either ignored such requests or countered that "what is appropriate in Atlantis is appropriate everywhere" and "I will not be lectured on clothing but someone of such obviously inferior stock."

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2009/1...#ixzz31zrTbrhT

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Hahahahaha! That's awesome.

Rheged, reading those snippets of Vin Diesel interviews I actually can see the guy as the Avenging Son. I mean, Vin isn't a bad actor. He's not the greatest but he isn't bad, and he's definitely got Geek-Cred between his comic book & table top gaming knowledge.
    Given a choice between Zac and Vin, I'd of course take Vin. I love his Riddick! He does have the build and the attitude. My main reservations is Vin doesn't have the elfin / otherworld look and he has a distinctly American accent -- though I do love the timbre of his voice.

BANNED

Ha! Thanks, but I have been neglectful in my appreciation of Namor.
    My reading pile is just starting to overwhelm me, though, so I have to knock out some of those other reads piling up.
    But I always keep a Namor book of sorts nearby. <3

I should probably put up what few scans I've gotten of Namor from classic Invaders and SoSM.
    Yes! Thank you! Can't go wrong with those two classics. I love Namor's Golden Age 'unfortunate tendency toward the venacular.'

Now, now. Let's not talk about slacking toward the reading pile. <eyeballs my stacks>

BANNED

Here we go Vitamin. The Schiti trading card. It's a hologram card, so it's was a little pricey.

I didn't forget you Trident. The info on the above card:

It's from Upper Deck's Marvel NOW set. It's a hologram usually titled Namor FX-26, though I usually search "Namor Hologram." And it is a trading card / baseball card size, so it's 2.5 x 3.5 inches, and much smaller than the scan I posted.

Here's an eBay link. But I'd search around or check comic stores or cons, as I paid half the price of this auction.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAMOR-FX-26-...item35d1626ffd

BANNED

Another favorite, a throwback to the golden age (original is better, though).
    Omg, this is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Omg, this is amazing.
    When Namor says he wants to lick the whole wide world...um, yes, plz.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

LOL! Now, THAT sounds like Namor. The 'furtive' and nervous guy, not so much. Though I'd have loved to have heard THIS conversation.
    I liked half of the first Psych Ward, the part where he acknowledged Namor positive traits, of course. But then he went off into chemical imbalance terrority. ugh My favorite part was this:
    Yes, I know what you mean. I know sometimes a diagnosis like this has valid reasons because medication does help people. But IMO the guy playing the role of the analyst is overlooking the elephant, or should I say whale in the room. He's talking to someone from a culture foreign to his and was raised to be a warrior and a king. I do enjoy reading those Psych Ward columns from time to time though. I remember the now defunct Wizard magazine had a similar article but it was more focused on villains.

I find it intersting that after all this time Universal may be talking about a Namor movie. I'd rather they didn't though because they have really nothing to build on like Marvel Studios and Fox have. I would prefer the rights simply lapse and go back to Marvel. You'd think they would have lost them by now since it has to be around 10 years ago since they picked up the rights. No one seems to know the exact nature of the deal is that Universal has but IMO it must have been way too generous since they've done absolutely nothing and still have those rights. I am pretty sure with the Fantastic Four the deal was reported at either 7 or 8 years to have something in production, which to me explains why the sudden activity on that front since "Rise of the Surfer" came out in 2007. They could even cancel the filim at this point and they would have bought themselves more time.

I'd like to see Namor in a Defenders movie with Stephen Strange and Ruffalos's Hulk.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-17-2014 at 10:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Omg, this is amazing.
    Cracktastic Golden Age fun. Like Cold Water said, the original Bill Everett panel is even better. I'll have to see if I can find it.

When Namor says he wants to lick the whole wide world...um, yes, plz.
    LOL! I like the way you think, Cold Water.