Page 25 of 631 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Given a choice between Zac and Vin, I'd of course take Vin. I love his Riddick! He does have the build and the attitude. My main reservations is Vin doesn't have the elfin / otherworld look and he has a distinctly American accent -- though I do love the timbre of his voice.
    In vocalization I mostly want an accent that isn't really identifiable as anything on earth. I've been working on one, but haven't made a ton of progress yet. The elfin bit I can let go. I wasn't so sure about a Wolverine taller than 5 foot nothing and now I wouldn't trade Jackman for anything. Effron's not a horrible actor and I'd actually be slightly okay with that, but I'd rather have Diesel in the roll. Namor is Fast and Furious after.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    In vocalization I mostly want an accent that isn't really identifiable as anything on earth. I've been working on one, but haven't made a ton of progress yet. The elfin bit I can let go. I wasn't so sure about a Wolverine taller than 5 foot nothing and now I wouldn't trade Jackman for anything. Effron's not a horrible actor and I'd actually be slightly okay with that, but I'd rather have Diesel in the roll. Namor is Fast and Furious after.
    Exactly! And sadly, Vin's accent is distinctly New York. IF he could do a different accent, then I'd be more open to him as a casting choice.

Nooooo! I can't let go of the pretty elf! LOL! Okay, since I picked Manu Bennett, I obviously could let go of that if an actor captured the essence of Namor. However, this brings up something else. Like Yul Brynner, I don't think Vin looks good with hair. Does anyone have a pic that says otherwise? Cause I absolutely can not give up Namor's hair.

Exactly! And sadly, Vin's accent is distinctly New York. IF he could do a different accent, then I'd be more open to him as a casting choice.

Nooooo! I can't let go of the pretty elf! LOL! Okay, since I picked Manu Bennett, I obviously could let go of that if an actor captured the essence of Namor. However, this brings up something else. Like Yul Brynner, I don't think Vin looks good with hair. Does anyone have a pic that says otherwise? Cause I absolutely can not give up Namor's hair.
    Back to Tahmoh Penikett? (He's actually my favorite proposed casting I've seen to date).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Back to Tahmoh Penikett? (He's actually my favorite proposed casting I've seen to date).
    Could be. Though Lee Pace's Thranduil and Richard Armitage are still in the running for me.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Could be. Though Lee Pace's Thranduil and Richard Armitage are still in the running for me.
    I agree with you on this: if Richard could get over his drowning phobia, I see him as a really fun Namor.

I certainly would not argue about Tahmoh though, he looks the part.

But please, please no Zac Effron.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Cracktastic Golden Age fun. Like Cold Water said, the original Bill Everett panel is even better. I'll have to see if I can find it.
    If you can't, I probably can.

LOL! I like the way you think, Cold Water.
    Awesome. Glad to see I'm not the only pervert when it comes to Namor. hahahaha.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

God Damn it I saw some actor the other day who I thought could be Namor but I've forgotten his name.

I'd like to think Benedict Cumberbatch could pull it off. If this movie happens he better be pals with Captain America I don't care what continuity errors arise, just do it so we can get an Invaders movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    God Damn it I saw some actor the other day who I thought could be Namor but I've forgotten his name.

I'd like to think Benedict Cumberbatch could pull it off. If this movie happens he better be pals with Captain America I don't care what continuity errors arise, just do it so we can get an Invaders movie.
    Nooooo! It's so hard to find an actor for Namor. I hope you can remember who.

Wow. I didn't have Cumberbatch on my radar for Namor at all. Will have to consider this. At least we know he do arrogant and vulnerable.

Yeah, I WISH. I think that boat has sailed, as far as a MCU Invaders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    If you can't, I probably can.

Awesome. Glad to see I'm not the only pervert when it comes to Namor. hahahaha.

Heh, heh.

Got to go water the plants. If you've got it, that would be great!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Yeah, I WISH. I think that boat has sailed, as far as a MCU Invaders.
    I wish too. That would be terrific. Maybe, just maybe since Universal distributed the earlier Marvel films...continuity be darned.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

oh oh oh!
    Wanted to share.
    This dog thinks he's royal or something. Look at that stink-eye.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I wish too. That would be terrific. Maybe, just maybe since Universal distributed the earlier Marvel films...continuity be darned.
    Maybe they could pick up the Avenging Angel & some of the characters from The Twelve (Firey Mask vs Namor over New York?)

oh oh oh!
    Wanted to share.
    That is a handsome & healthy looking dog you've got there CW. Gold star to you and yours on what appears to be a really healthy body condition.

-1/4 of a way to being a DVM Jon

BANNED

oh oh oh!
    Wanted to share.
    OMG! He's gorgeous. And royal indeed. You may approach and feed him treaties. LOL!

BANNED

Does Namor eat seafood (meat)? I don't know why, but I get this feel that he's a vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Does Namor eat seafood (meat)? I don't know why, but I get this feel that he's a vegetarian.
    Not a chance. I double checked my facts with my practicing-registered-dietitian fiance and she verified for me that the nutrient values of marine plant life, while a respectable source of vitamins & an okay source of fiber, have negligible value as a source of protein, carbohydrates and fat (the last of which is necessary for mammalian life to digest several of those vitamins). An animal cannot reach the size (let alone really even sustain itself) of an Atlantean (i.e. a human) in a marine environment without consuming kind of a lot of meat. That's just sort of the way of things in aquatic environments though; the species that are capable of surviving on plant matter are small and the exception by a long-shot and almost everything has a diet based on eating other animals.

I don't mean to put anybody off. The decision of whether or not to consume meat is an important ethical decision to those of us in the developed world and a luxury to many in the developing world. I'm approaching this question as best I can from a medical and scientific perspective as a future DVM & MPH and as somebody who is ethically comfortable with eating animal source foods for a panoply of my own reasons.