Page 256 of 631 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    There is a Prince Namor in the domain Arcadia? YES!
    Also, if 616 Prince Namor the very first marvel superhero died in Secret Wars # 1 then, R.I.P. 616 Namor McKenzie 1939-2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    He definitely did not.
    No all the Namors of Battleworld will join forces to drop a tidal wave on Castle Doom
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I've said it before and I will swear it up and down until the end of time, Namor IS Marvel's Kal-El.
    Namor > Kal El
    He's got personality, more membership cards and a more interesting love life :P

so does namor!

What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

As others have mentioned, Namor has a great showing in Avengers World #21. Without getting into spoilers, I think it made him much more sympathetic than he has appeared recently in the main Avengers/New Avengers story. It will be interesting watching him through Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    As others have mentioned, Namor has a great showing in Avengers World #21. Without getting into spoilers, I think it made him much more sympathetic than he has appeared recently in the main Avengers/New Avengers story. It will be interesting watching him through Secret Wars.
    i wonder if he is secretly spoilers:
    still working with* / for reed richards
    end of spoilers
    what makes him interesting is he's a wildcard with his own agenda..i leave it to hickman what he's gonna do in SW

Taken from the A-Force Spoiler thread

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I am curious about the Sub-Mariners. Are they just allowed to roam?
    You can divide the land but how do you divide the oceans?
    how do you put a border underwater?
    while they are stories with different civilizations underneath atlantis (e.g. old atlanteans) we all know Namor is ultimately king of ALL the ocean.

Could this be a thorn in God Emperor Doom's side?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well, it appears whatever was causing me problems on this site is gone. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Taken from the A-Force Spoiler thread

You can divide the land but how do you divide the oceans?
    how do you put a border underwater?
    while they are stories with different civilizations underneath atlantis (e.g. old atlanteans) we all know Namor is ultimately king of ALL the ocean.

Could this be a thorn in God Emperor Doom's side?
    This is an excellent question, from RobReedWrites.

I assume you can have borders underwater, just as you do on land -- but the border would have be tied to the land at the bottom of the ocean. Or perhaps the borders are currents?

But the problem is it's not an environment that the Thors should be able to patrol. And it would also mean that the Sub-Mariners can't come on land, or they'd be crossing a border.

So, now I"m wondering, is HoM Namor the same as A-Force Namor???

Well, the typical deal between Namor and Doom is "Doom gets the land and Namor gets the seas," which was sort of Hickman's title for his SVTU story.

Even on 616, Namor had a few people who would contest that claim of ruling all of the oceans -- Lemuria and Attuma come immediately to mind.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

No all the Namors of Battleworld will join forces to drop a tidal wave on Castle Doom
    Heh ... that's would be in the realm of possibility, but then there's the Sheriff -- which changes matters.

Namor > Kal El
    He's got personality, more membership cards and a more interesting love life :P

so does namor!

LOL! This is great!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Good questions, some of which we are still waiting for answers.

1) Hasn't been answered by Hickman, though there were surviving Atlanteans who wanted to fight Proxima. Continuity says there are other colonies and cities of the Atlantean empire that weren't even mentioned by Hickman.

2) This is a recent naming thing that has no change in his role. I think it was Fraction who changed it for some reason. If Namor was going to be upgraded, it should have been to Emperor, like his Grandfather. Though there have a been a few times that he's been called Emperor. The titles of Atlanteans were complicated by some writers. I've always preferred Prince Namor to his King Neptune.

3) Hasn't been dealt with at all by the X-office or Hickman. It's like he ceased to exist and was erased like a heretic pharaoh, after AvX. The first time we saw him interact with an X-man since was the recent Magneto.

4) There's some cool 'ancient evil' and Atlantean stuff that has been used before, but Atanteans worshiped Neptune since he helped them fight the 'ancient evil' and lived amongst them. Sometimes their rulers claim to be the heirs of Neptune and vice versa. Some other Greco-Roman myths have shown up, like Proteus, but I don't think they are worshiped like Neptune. Set / Naga also have followers, but they are basically the equivalent of Satanists amongst the Atlanteans.
    Much thanks for the answers! Definitely helped out in fleshing out my Namor knowledge.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Glad to have helped, Prince of Orphans. There's a lot of potential in the mythology and ancient history of Atlantis for some cool stories, IMO. Hickman did touch on this with Namor's appearance in his FF run.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Namor, Namora, Namorita in A-Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Yes, that was a nice surprise. Funny that Namor is the only male hero with any powers in A-Force so far.
    This is the afterlife of an alternate earth nice guy namor.
    he's the only male in a place where it's all females, he's in heaven !
    LOL! So, true. Namor would love Arcadia!

It was a very welcome surprise to see this, and I only hope that they aren't going to be the first casualties of A-Force. Though ... maybe they find the other ark? Though why that would unleash a prehistoric shark seems to nix that theory.

As for his powers ... well, he hasn't demonstrated any, yet, though he did speak for the Sub-Mariners which would indicated he still has some leadership role.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-21-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remy leheaux View Post
    Avengers World today... awesome issue for Namor. spoilers:
    Even Thanos gives him a compliment of sorts, and I'm not sure how many people we've seen physically go toe-to-toe in a one-on-one with Thanos and draw blood from the Mad Titan
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Namor had a really great showing in Avengers World today. great seeing him go toe to toe with Thanos. not many can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I can only think of this and Drax spoilers:
    who was artificially redesigned specifically to kill Thanos
    end of spoilers.

I've said it before and I will swear it up and down until the end of time, Namor IS Marvel's Kal-El.
    Yes, it was interesting to see that, and Namor not even into the fight. Also loved how he played the Cabal. spoilers:
    He almost took them out himself.
    end of spoilers

apart from the scuffle with Thanos, i'm not sure what to make of the issue right now.
    might take another reading
    Yes, I'm also considering this issue.

One minor detail ....I am wondering how tough Thanos' exterior is supposed to be, that Namor would be breaking his hand hitting him? I don't think that happened previously, and we're talking about an extremely durable character that hits hard things all the time, without hurting himself.

The image of Namor with little bandages is cute, but hardly necessary.

Glad to have helped, Prince of Orphans. There's a lot of potential in the mythology and ancient history of Atlantis for some cool stories, IMO. Hickman did touch on this with Namor's appearance in his FF run.
    I was actually considering Hickman's FF run a while back. I might have to revisit that interest now that I know Namor's involved.

Also, for anyone who missed Namor's appearance in Avengers World #21:

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 12.58.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 12.58.14 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 05-21-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Okay, that is just plain awesome.

He's only involved in one arc, with Sue Storm in the countdown to Johnny's spoilers:
    death.
    end of spoilers I liked most of it, as it showed Namor as a pretty crafty fellow, sort of like Avengers World 21. It ties into a previous issue where Hickman introduced the Old Kings of Atlantis -- not Namor's Atlanteans. It ended kind of confusing to me, though, and Sue took advantage of Namor, yet again.

He shows up later with a lot of the MU, and has the best line, but not really any arc.

It was a very welcome surprise to see this, and I only hope that they aren't going to be the first casualties of A-Force. Though ... maybe they find the other ark? Though why that would unleash a prehistoric shark seems to nix that theory.

As for his powers ... well, he hasn't demonstrated any, yet, though he did speak for the Sub-Mariners which would indicated he still has some leadership role.
    There's luke cage and gambit too apparently..

Yes, it was interesting to see that, and Namor not even into the fight. Also loved how he played the Cabal. spoilers:
    He almost took them out himself.
    end of spoilers

Yes, I'm also considering this issue.

One minor detail ....I am wondering how tough Thanos' exterior is supposed to be, that Namor would be breaking his hand hitting him? I don't think that happened previously, and we're talking about an extremely durable character that hits hard things all the time, without hurting himself.

The image of Namor with little bandages is cute, but hardly necessary.
    I think he won Thanos respect after that.
    he's played the cabal 2-3 times already
    although it also suggests thanos is indebted to him for bringing him back out of being a statue

Plot induced power i guess?
    i never seen thanos exterior being brought up too.

One nitpick i have with the issue is that...they still have'nt really bring the details of who/how/when did they get cabal ?
    like who got thanos and gang out of suspeneded animation etc etc

I think he won Thanos respect after that.
    he's played the cabal 2-3 times already
    although it also suggests thanos is indebted to him for bringing him back out of being a statue

Plot induced power i guess?
    i never seen thanos exterior being brought up too.

One nitpick i have with the issue is that...they still have'nt really bring the details of who/how/when did they get cabal?

like who got thanos and gang out of suspeneded animation etc etc
    Yes, there's still lots of questions unanswered about the Cabal and Namor, but it doesn't look like we'll get any more answers.

I don't know. I'm more inclined to think the writer forgot how durable Namor is... or it's done for effect.

Somehow, I don't think Thanos sees himself indebted at all. ;p

You still think Reed and Namor are in cahoots even thru SW?

anyway..where's CW?
    did she get lost in the last incursion too :O :O