Page 26 of 631 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Hmmm. I didn't know that. What about the manatee and sea cows? Aren't those guys herbivores?

I do know that a major source of protein is krill, which ARE animals, but tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Does Namor eat seafood (meat)? I don't know why, but I get this feel that he's a vegetarian.
    Well, we know he likes bagels.

We have seen Namor eat sushi in the X-Men, and there was alot of seafood laid out on the table for the Invaders when they came calling in Atlantis ... I think posted that image a few pages back. It was the same when the Agents of Atlas visited. Though, we don't actually see Namor eating at those feasts.

And while I don't consider it 616, the Atlanteans were fishing with a giant Neptune Net.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I wish too. That would be terrific. Maybe, just maybe since Universal distributed the earlier Marvel films...continuity be darned.
    Upon thinking on it ... IF they wanted to fit in the Invaders, they could possible say the team occurred during that montage period with the Howling Commandos in the first Cap movie. They'd have to gloss over the fact that they didn't show the team, and no one ever mentioned them, including Cap ... but, it might still be possible.

That said, I doubt Marvel Studios has any interest.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Hmmm. I didn't know that. What about the manatee and sea cows? Aren't those guys herbivores?

We have seen Namor eat sushi in the X-Men, and there was alot of seafood laid out on the table for the Invaders when they came calling in Atlantis ... I think posted that image a few pages back. It was the same when the Agents of Atlas visited. Though, we don't actually see Namor eating at those feasts.

And while I don't consider it 616, the Atlanteans were fishing with a giant Neptune Net.

[/QUOTE]

Bagels! Somehow I don't see Namor eating those, but this is an interesting topic. I love that last page.

Upon thinking on it ... IF they wanted to fit in the Invaders, they could possible say the team occurred during that montage period with the Howling Commandos in the first Cap movie. They'd have to gloss over the fact that they didn't show the team, and no one ever mentioned them, including Cap ... but, it might still be possible.

That said, I doubt Marvel Studios has any interest.
    I was thinking the same thing, if the Invaders happened in the MCU, probably during that montage. Or, perhaps we get a nod in the upcoming Agent Carter series? (a Throwaway line?) The one thing I can think of regarding the MCU, is that Bucky was not involved in the Invaders, but everyone else was. I kind of see them pushing past the one person who did not have super powers for the movie version.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post

That is a handsome & healthy looking dog you've got there CW. Gold star to you and yours on what appears to be a really healthy body condition.

-1/4 of a way to being a DVM Jon
    Thanks! And he's the chunkier of my dogs (because he eats kibble and my females eat raw).

My vets are contacts on my phone. I have two separate vets for my dogs. One is the best damn vet in the world, but he's 45 minutes away, and the other is about 6 blocks from my house.
    And, yes, my dogs go in for almost every lump, bump, and scrape. I've gotten a little better since I have had 3 very active dogs, but still. My first dog died of lymphoma and the symptoms popped up overnight, and she died 3 weeks later, so my current dogs go in for almost everything.

OMG! He's gorgeous. And royal indeed. You may approach and feed him treaties. LOL!
    Hahahaha. Thanks!
    That look is BECAUSE I was making him sit still, and I had no treats to reward the behavior with.
    "I am 2 good 2 b treatless, human!"
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

On the subject of whether Namor is an omnivore or herbivore (possibly), I know in Avengers #262, he brings the Avengers a ton of lobsters (and various other sea meats?), and they roast them on a beach bonfire towards the end of the issue.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    On the subject of whether Namor is an omnivore or herbivore (possibly), I know in Avengers #262, he brings the Avengers a ton of lobsters (and various other sea meats?), and they roast them on a beach bonfire towards the end of the issue.
    That's an indirect insult. Think of it. Lobsters are probably the rats of Atlantis.

Doubt it, but insult or not, lobster is still meat.

BANNED

I got mine off eBay. But you might find it at cons or comic stores. I'll get the exact info for you.
    Awesome! Thanks so much!

Edit:
    I didn't forget you Trident. The info on the above card:

It's from Upper Deck's Marvel NOW set. It's a hologram usually titled Namor FX-26, though I usually search "Namor Hologram." And it is a trading card / baseball card size, so it's 2.5 x 3.5 inches, and much smaller than the scan I posted.

Here's an eBay link. But I'd search around or check comic stores or cons, as I paid half the price of this auction.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAMOR-FX-26-...item35d1626ffd
    Woot! thanks can't wait to get my mits on this.
    Last edited by Trident; 05-18-2014 at 08:42 AM.

BANNED

oh oh oh!
    Wanted to share.
    This dog thinks he's royal or something. Look at that stink-eye.
    Awww! I want you dog! That is one cool looking pup and the collar is Boss!

BANNED

About the Namor Film

1. Awesome write ups Jon! Someone needs to put you in the Movie Namor story board room stat!

2. While I think Zac Efron and Vin Diesel both have their good points I would rather neither of them have the role.

3. I honestly don't trust any studio outside of Marvel studios to handle any other their characters. So far everything produce that wasn't under their umbrella has lacked what really makes their characters great in some form or another.

4. While I would love a Namor film and will go see it regardless because I'm just a huge fan I'm hopping Universal looses the rights to the character and Marvel starts making its own waves for the character. (cheese pun intended)

5. As fans maybe we should start thinking and talking about sending letters, writing petitions, or doing whatever else it will take for Marvel to start treating their first character with some respect. I find it incredibly disrespectful, idiotic, and confusing that marvel has totally forgotten and seemly has no intentions of reclaiming the character that had a hand the creation of several characters to come after him. Without Namor concepts like Thor, Wolverine, Black Panther, Aquaman, and so many others may have never existed in the form they are in today. And yet Namor is a character that is constantly pushed aside like a lowly leper. At some point we need to say enough is enough by getting organized and striking at marvel to get their S@#$ together.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    About the Namor Film

1. Awesome write ups Jon! Someone needs to put you in the Movie Namor story board room stat!

2. While I think Zac Efron and Vin Diesel both have their good points I would rather neither of them have the role.

3. I honestly don't trust any studio outside of Marvel studios to handle any other their characters. So far everything produce that wasn't under their umbrella has lacked what really makes their characters great in some form or another.

4. While I would love a Namor film and will go see it regardless because I'm just a huge fan I'm hopping Universal looses the rights to the character and Marvel starts making its own waves for the character. (cheese pun intended)

5. As fans maybe we should start thinking and talking about sending letters, writing petitions, or doing whatever else it will take for Marvel to start treating their first character with some respect. I find it incredibly disrespectful, idiotic, and confusing that marvel has totally forgotten and seemly has no intentions of reclaiming the character that had a hand the creation of several characters to come after him. Without Namor concepts like Thor, Wolverine, Black Panther, Aquaman, and so many others may have never existed in the form they are in today. And yet Namor is a character that is constantly pushed aside like a lowly leper. At some point we need to say enough is enough by getting organized and striking at marvel to get their S@#$ together.
    I'd sign a petition. You make many good points here Trident.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Nooooo! It's so hard to find an actor for Namor. I hope you can remember who.

Wow. I didn't have Cumberbatch on my radar for Namor at all. Will have to consider this. At least we know he do arrogant and vulnerable.

Yeah, I WISH. I think that boat has sailed, as far as a MCU Invaders.
    I'll try to find him

Yes! Bendict would be great to play Namor! I also think he can get the accent for him down, yeah it sucks that they didn't think "Hey maybe we should keep Captain America's 40s timeline open in case we want to introduce more of the Golden Age Characters" Though I think they could easily write around it.

I wish they did more with Animation for Namor he looked great in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes (Though I don't like how the other Atlanteans looked).

Good call on Manatees. Their closest living relatives are the terrestrial Hyrax followed closely [in relative terms, divided by thousands of years of divergence] by the elephant. I'm not too sure on the details of the Hyrax digestive system, but Manatees and Elephants obtain much of their nutrition after weaning from their mothers by the fermentation action of the bacterial population of a hindgut structure situated between/tangential to what would be the large & small intestines of humans called a cecum. Most of the protein they acquire is actually the result of absorption of a portion of this symbiotic bacterial population. Among domesticated animals horses have a well developed cecum on a scale that allows them to be almost wholly herbivorous in terms of their dietary intake (though they are evolutionarily VERY distant from manatees, elephants & hyrax). One thing you might notice at a glance is that all of these species have very large, extended abdomens. This is necessary to accommodate a cecum that is complex and developed enough to allow them to process & absorb their core nutrients almost exclusively through the intake of plant matter. There isn't really enough room in the torso of a typical humanoid creature to fit a cecum that is large enough to make an herbivorous diet the default status. Other species like pigs & dogs still have a retained cecum but they are not well developed like in the manatee, horse, hyrax & elephant and thus do not facilitate digestion of plant matter well enough to make that significant part of their diet. Ruminants, the MAJOR group of land based herbivores, have a four chambered foregut system (rather than a fermentative, cecum-based, hindgut) that allows them to digest plant matter in much the same way. The ruminant system of cows, buffalo, sheep, deer, goats (the best of all) and related species, is generally more efficient and productive to nutrient acquisition and overall gain of size than the hindgut fermenting system as a path to being an herbivore, but it requires even more abdominal cavity space than an herbivore-grade cecum.

I can't tell you how grateful I am that you all have brought this topic up. I'm really fascinated by this stuff and you've inspired an explosion in my brain of new places to take a column I'm working on for Marvel 616 Politics about the science (especially biology) that makes possible the superpowers we know and love with our favorite heroes! Namor & the Atlanteans are a goldmine for this stuff.

Thanks! And he's the chunkier of my dogs (because he eats kibble and my females eat raw).

My vets are contacts on my phone. I have two separate vets for my dogs. One is the best damn vet in the world, but he's 45 minutes away, and the other is about 6 blocks from my house.
    And, yes, my dogs go in for almost every lump, bump, and scrape. I've gotten a little better since I have had 3 very active dogs, but still. My first dog died of lymphoma and the symptoms popped up overnight, and she died 3 weeks later, so my current dogs go in for almost everything.

Hahahaha. Thanks!
    That look is BECAUSE I was making him sit still, and I had no treats to reward the behavior with.
    "I am 2 good 2 b treatless, human!"
    You're very welcome. I'd have to see a standing top down & a profile image to be certain, but based on what I can see here I'd guess he's a body condition score of 6/9 tops (5 is perfect and if you're in the 4-6 range your generally good).

I'm really sorry to hear about the lypmhoma. Those can be so aggressive & scary by their nature.

Haha, and it sounds like your fella' there has about the same attitude as our cat [King] Joey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    About the Namor Film

Agreed with all of this Trident!, I think Marvel Studios has some leeway with Universal I mean Universal still own Hulk.

We need a writer who is interested and knows Namor well enough to start making use of him within the comics, *Cough* Give Chief Jon the Job *Cough*

You know what would be fun? I know we have Invaders as a current book but a duo book for Namor + Human Torch would be great it could be a mini series of the different Time Periods they've been active in like When the First Met, and the several other times they have teamed up. And every cover could be a recreation of the 30s covers like this: