Page 334 of 631 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 9460

And Cold Water, I need to quote you in the page 183 :

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I just pulled out my issue as well. Don Heck on art? I quite like his art, typically.

I am tempted to read this issue. It'll be at least two more MMWs before this issue is collected.
    I know that #67 is when he first appeared with the black costume with wings (because Rheged told me), but it was also the first issue I ever bought and read of his solo series.

I am glad the parts of his solo series that I have in collection are the later issues. I think I have most of what is NOT collected yet in MMWs.
    Sorry for this egocentric note, but Subby 67 is dated of the 1st of November 1973. I know it's not the actual publication date, but I like the idea that the "sea-bat suit" appeared in an issue dated the day of my birth ! Another reason to purchase it ! Not sure it will be enough to get me into the cosplay thing BTW....

Cold Water, you can change your avatar anytime you want, but now you will always be my "telepathic mother"... So scary !!!

Also, Abe: If you have not read DD #7, you NEED to. It is mandatory Namor reading. CLASSIC stuff right there. It is fantastic, well written, and HILARIOUS. Go read it now, if you have not done so. Don't make me tell you again. :P
    Damn it ! You answered and quote before I've split the post in two ! Daredevil 7 came back to my memory a few weeks earlier while I was searching more infos on Wally Wood. He and Namor gave DD his red suit ! So Good !
    I've read it more than several time when I was a little boy ! And many EC Wally Wood stories too - because I was in EC comics at ten in France !

I need to pay a tribute to my friend Iron Maiden here, because her CBR name was the reason I've discovered and purchased a T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents issue !

You Great Ladies of CBR, living in the the Library of Worlds, offering the gift of the Key for everything ! Obviously it was you who had inspired Hickman in New Avengers ! Now I know it ! Rheged is surely the 3rd... traveling in other realms maybe...

I need to dig up the post where, I'm not sure who(cannot remember), someone asked us to post our "theme" songs for Namor.
    I don't know if any of you are Joanna Newsom fans here, but she just came out with her album "Divers", and it is consuming my life. hahaha. But, come on! "Divers'. Sooooo Namor.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Damn it ! You answered and quote before I've split the post in two ! Daredevil 7 came back to my memory a few weeks earlier while I was searching more infos on Wally Wood. He and Namor gave DD his red suit ! So Good !
    I've read it more than several time when I was a little boy ! And many EC Wally Wood stories too - because I was in EC comics at ten in France !

I need to pay a tribute to my friend Iron Maiden here, because her CBR name was the reason I've discovered and purchased a T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents issue !

You Great Ladies of CBR, living in the the Library of Worlds, offering the gift of the Key for everything ! Obviously it was you who had inspired Hickman in New Avengers ! Now I know it ! Rheged is surely the 3rd... traveling in other realms maybe...
    You are too sweet, really.

Out of those you mentioned: Rheged, Reviresco, and Iron Maiden are the ones who do and know everything. I just tag along and toss candy at the crowd when I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    The reason why I am bringing this up is all the characters I grew up with and loved feel like they are all gone now in a way.

There is No Namor Comic but there is a new Howard the Duck, Moon girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Red Wolf.......Hold On.......Oops, just threw up a little in my mouth.

I am just sick of it!!!!!!!!

I know Marvel wants to make money but it just tears my heart out. How can Marvel's very first Super Hero not have his own comic? Heck I would even settle for a team up book.
    How can the first family of Stan and Jack's not even have their own title either? SACRILEGE!!!!!!!!!!!
    I feel the same way. A lot of the characters I'm a huge fan of don't have books right now and haven't for a while. Sad times. I understand Marvel is trying to break into new fans and a new generation, but it feels like it comes at the expense of previous fans sometimes. I hate the fact replacing heroes with younger versions is a thing and how the movies influence the comics creatively and probably most of all how the distribution of the movie rights dictate who you get to see, where you see them and how often you get to see them.

Anyways, it's good to have you part of the thread! Any fan of Namor is good in my books.

Google led me to this :

http://community.comicbookresources....iation/page183

You have already identified the issue where the "BILL EVERETT EULOGY PIN-UP ( 1973, MARIE SEVERIN )" was published... Not surprising !... It's in Subby #65.
    Thanks, I was looking for this!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

You are too sweet, really.

Out of those you mentioned: Rheged, Reviresco, and Iron Maiden are the ones who do and know everything. I just tag along and toss candy at the crowd when I have it.
    You're too fast, mom !

I was about to edit my post to add that Mantis Girl 94 is clearly the original Black Swan, traveling through the Multiverse and ready to destroy every Earth not fitting her idea of what should be. Because as we know she plans only one thing : to resurrect her beloved family from her Golden Age - Sumerian - World... Also allying herself with Namor to fulfill her destiny of course... (a nice plot just teased at the end of the NA run...)... The Avenging Daughter teaming up with the Avenging Son !

According to his CBR name Reviresco will surely be involved in the "Genesis" thing... I don't forget him ! (He already knows that the Karma is really meta today, BTW ! What's happening ! Or is it that I really need to eat something ? A few back-issues hidden in my LCS probably !)

I can't let ChiefJon out of this thing : my friend, I'm on Earth 33 ! Multiversity is happening ! Dzub had caused this maybe, with his kind posts that grabbed me here... And now I've got to say a word to Of Atlantis, because, as fellow Hickman readers maybe, we share the same quests...
    Last edited by Abe; 11-10-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I feel the same way. A lot of the characters I'm a huge fan of don't have books right now and haven't for a while. Sad times. I understand Marvel is trying to break into new fans and a new generation, but it feels like it comes at the expense of previous fans sometimes. I hate the fact replacing heroes with younger versions is a thing and how the movies influence the comics creatively and probably most of all how the distribution of the movie rights dictate who you get to see, where you see them and how often you get to see them.

Anyways, it's good to have you part of the thread!
    Any fan of Namor is good in my books.

Thanks, I was looking for this!
    You're welcome, but we both know who truly deserve the thanks, Of Atlantis !

...It's so nice to see Cold Water "Back in her element !"

You're welcome, but we both know who truly deserve the thanks, Of Atlantis !

...It's so nice to see Cold Water "Back in her element !"
    Oh, no. That was not me who answered the question originally. That was Reviresco. Give her all the credit. I just answered it this time around, and honestly, Abe (any form of the word "honest" goes well with your name), you answered the question yourself when you linked to the page in this thread with the answer.
    Give yourself more credit! <3

Oh, no. That was not me who answered the question originally. That was Reviresco. Give her all the credit. I just answered it this time around, and honestly, Abe (any form of the word "honest" goes well with your name), you answered the question yourself when you linked to the page in this thread with the answer.
    Give yourself more credit! <3
    Golden Age French habits, Cold Water ! Kinda tricky maybe ! (and Abe is for another sub-mariner, Abe Sapien - I'm an absolute lover of Mignola - the one who get me back to comics !)

EDIT : It's done ! I mean I ate some fish - and found Subby 65... My mouth and my eyes both taste pretty salty... And a small Scotch is needed - a salty one of course ! I'll drink it to celebrate Bill Everett, his legacy and the unforgettable ones who keep and share his memory... Let's flow !
    Last edited by Abe; 11-10-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Golden Age French habits, Cold Water ! Kinda tricky maybe ! (and Abe is for another sub-mariner, Abe Sapien - I'm an absolute lover of Mignola - the one who get me back to comics !)

EDIT : It's done ! I mean I ate some fish - and found Subby 65... My mouth and my eyes both taste pretty salty... And a small Scotch is needed - a salty one of course ! I'll drink it to celebrate Bill Everett, his legacy and the unforgettable ones who keep and share his memory... Let's flow !
    oh!!
    Let me get a glass of wine. BRB.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

oh!!
    Let me get a glass of wine. BRB.
    Well, well ... we're going to be the happy drinking thread! LOL! Running to the kitchen!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, well ... we're going to be the happy drinking thread! LOL! Running to the kitchen!
    YESSSSSSS.
    Alcohol for all the Namor fans!

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Darn...not 21 yet (even then my 'strict' mother would probably kill me)

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I was about to edit my post to add that Mantis Girl 94 is clearly the original Black Swan, traveling through the Multiverse and ready to destroy every Earth not fitting her idea of what should be. Because as we know she plans only one thing : to resurrect her beloved family from her Golden Age - Sumerian - World... Also allying herself with Namor to fulfill her destiny of course... (a nice plot just teased at the end of the NA run...)... The Avenging Daughter teaming up with the Avenging Son !
    OMG!!!!! I have only been posting here for a very short time and you have already figured out my secret!

mmmmmmm Your from France, and obviously a master detective.....who could you be?.....mmmmmmm

I got it! INSPECTOR CLOUSEAU I have now figured out your secret too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    OMG!!!!! I have only been posting here for a very short time and you have already figured out my secret!

mmmmmmm Your from France, and obviously a master detective.....who could you be?.....mmmmmmm

I got it! INSPECTOR CLOUSEAU I have now figured out your secret too!
    OK... Even if I know you love to play with cliché, I guess I need another drink now - salty liquid distilled on the seashore of an island to try to stay in the topic a bit... (everybody has figure now that the blue sphere of my avatar is not made of water... Got to ask to Uatu what is it exactly...)

But no moustache... (funny ! checking the translation of the french word "moustache" in the dictionary I read "moustache" ! and "whiskers" !!). Perhaps a hat... For the rest... the question will get no answer !

It's Ditko time ! I need to check in my brand new ASM omnibus if Ditko drew the Prince of the Seas... should be interesting...
    Last edited by Abe; 11-10-2015 at 06:13 PM.