Page 34 of 631 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Sorry I haven't been around as much or able to reply to some of the post. Been pretty busy and I will get to them.

As for today's announcement.....I had a feeling this was coming and now I'm more fired up about how Namor is and will be treated. At this rate sometime in the next year or two Hickman or some other writer very well may have Namor die at the hands of T'Challa because he will be a full on villain. Something has to be done.

When I get the free time I'm going to pursue other message boards to see if we can gather enough interest to change the blatant disrespect and now mistreatment of Namor. I can't stomach much more of this.

Prepare for the changing of the Tide my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Really? Man, I need some time to spend on the computer. Thanks for sharing!

"Going bad"... again. Well, given what Hickman did to Atlantis, I'm not surprised. Though, I tend to see 'going bad' as often being what Namor feels is right for Atlantis.

Now if only we get some page time for Namor's side of things.
    Yeah and Breevort was saying that this is how Marvel will look in May. Billed as the day of the last Incursion and Hickman's finale. Some kind of new cabal.

Namor's motivations are easy to guess at. Preservation of Atlantis. Unlike BP he gets what the duty of rulers is.
    Last edited by Mahes; 05-30-2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Sorry I haven't been around as much or able to reply to some of the post. Been pretty busy and I will get to them.

As for today's announcement.....I had a feeling this was coming and now I'm more fired up about how Namor is and will be treated. At this rate sometime in the next year or two Hickman or some other writer very well may have Namor die at the hands of T'Challa because he will be a full on villain. Something has to be done.

When I get the free time I'm going to pursue other message boards to see if we can gather enough interest to change the blatant disrespect and now mistreatment of Namor. I can't stomach much more of this.

Prepare for the changing of the Tide my friends!
    I wouldn't be so disheartened about the news. Out of that group, only Namor cares about the planet. And no way BP will kill Namor. They'll get close to it but they will have an understanding. That's my thinking and it serves as part of Hickman's critique of realist politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Namor's motivations are easy to guess at. Preservation of Atlantis. Unlike BP he gets what the duty of rules is.
    None of the other guys he's pictured with have any vested interest in Earth though. Unless they are planning to move Atlantis off Earth they'd all just as soon wipe out the planet. Doesn't seem like a very wise partnership from first glance.

Edit: Ah I see you adressed that in your followup post.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Yeah and Breevort was saying that this is how Marvel will look in May. Billed as the day of the last Incursion and Hickman's finale. Some kind of new cabal.

Namor's motivations are easy to guess at. Preservation of Atlantis.
    Unlike BP he gets what the duty of rules is.
    Exactly.

A new cabal? I missed that. Will have to read and investigate more closely, when I return. I wonder if Hickman is going to do the same with Namor in this cabal? I.E. He was playing the old Cabal with Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    None of the other guys he's pictured with have any vested interest in Earth though. Unless they are planning to move Atlantis off Earth they'd all just as soon wipe out the planet. Doesn't seem like a very wise partnership from first glance.

The partnership allows the preservation of Atlantis while Namor surveys the situation and finds a way to tip scales in his favor. It's a good strategic play to make.

Exactly.

A new cabal? I missed that. Will have to read and investigate more closely, when I return. I wonder if Hickman is going to do the same with Namor in this cabal? I.E. He was playing the old Cabal with Emma.
    I think that's going to be the group we've seen on that NA cover. If that's the case then this Cabal is a lot more dangerous than the prior one.

I.E. He was playing the old Cabal with Emma.
    It would be a very, very impressive manuever to outsmart that group.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

I think that's going to be the group we've seen on that NA cover. If that's the case then this Cabal is a lot more dangerous than the prior one.
    I like how if you look at this cover and NA#1 Namor is straddling the middle in both pics. I'm sure that was by design since Hickman said when NA#1 came out he specifically had them move BP to the front instead of Iron Man as originally drawn.
    Pull List:

BANNED

I wouldn't be so disheartened about the news. Out of that group, only Namor cares about the planet. And no way BP will kill Namor. They'll get close to it but they will have an understanding. That's my thinking and it serves as part of Hickman's critique of realist politics.
    I might be overreacting and I might even be slightly paranoid at this point. However, take a close look at just about everything Namor has appeared in since AvX, all of it has shifted to painting Namor in a negative light. (even subtlety)Their is a clear prominent shift in tone in regards to the character. Even the one auxiliary character he has running around right now is labeled as the Atlantean from the "War Mongering race" or something similar right now. In fact from what little I know/heard about the "Water Snake" it seems as if she could potentially betray the New Warriors.

I could be completely wrong about all of this but something is up and it is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I might be overreacting and I might even be slightly paranoid at this point. However, take a close look at just about everything Namor has appeared in since AvX, all of it has shifted to painting Namor in a negative light. (even subtlety)Their is a clear prominent shift in tone in regards to the character. Even the one auxiliary character he has running around right now is labeled as the Atlantean from the "War Mongering race" or something similar right now. In fact from what little I know/heard about the "Water Snake" it seems as if she could potentially betray the New Warriors.

I could be completely wrong about all of this but something is up and it is not good.
    I don't think Robinson has been showing him in a negative light in All-New Invaders. He had a good moment with Jim and Cap at the end of the last issue.

New Warriors is hard to tell but from last preview it looks like she's just tied to Namorita and is trying to find her.

Namor is a hard character to write for a lot I think we're just seeing the consequences of that. A bigger indicator of what happens to him is if that Namor movie rumor pans out and if Marvel/Disney can play nice with Universal.

BANNED

I don't think Robinson has been showing him in a negative light in All-New Invaders. He had a good moment with Jim and Cap at the end of the last issue.

New Warriors is hard to tell but from last preview it looks like she's just tied to Namorita and is trying to find her.

Namor is a hard character to write for a lot I think we're just seeing the consequences of that. A bigger indicator of what happens to him is if that Namor movie rumor pans out and if Marvel/Disney can play nice with Universal.
    I'm loving Invaders but have you noted the undertones? Marvels defacto greatest hero who has a long history of showing how much he values, respects, and thinks of Namor as a brother all of sudden is stating aloud how Namor can not be trusted, how no one likes him and ending the last issue with "Namor is Namor" in a not so positive way. Like I said I could be completely wrong but it seems like subtle character assassination is going on across the Marvel line to prep readers to agree with what could potentially be coming with him.

Edit:
    Look at some of the titles he has and is appearing in since AvX and then compare them to some of the ones he as had in the past. Before AvX their were justifications or a slight portrayal of being misunderstood. However, now everything has been pretty one sided.
    Last edited by Trident; 05-30-2014 at 12:58 PM.

BANNED

Despite what some folks think, a gun on a wall isn't always a gun on a wall. It's also a way to show where a character is at the beginning and how they will have changed at the end. I don't think Black Panther is going to kill Namor either. Especially when I asked Hickman about the Namor scene with Proxima Midnight, he told me, you have to destroy things to build them back up.

Well, now that Wakanda has destroyed their city and attempted genocide on them, moving the Atlanteans off planet doesn't look like such an implausible thing.

The partnership allows the preservation of Atlantis while Namor surveys the situation and finds a way to tip scales in his favor. It's a good strategic play to make.
    Yes, this is more my thought.

It would be a very, very impressive manuever to outsmart that group.
    Really? The other Cabal included Dr. Doom and Loki. They weren't slouches, despite the addition of the Hood. Which reminds me ... I wouldn't be surprised if Doom were playing Emma's part in this. Doom and Namor playing this group makes a lot more sense and tons of fun. Though, knowing what New Avengers really is, they'll probably make it T'challa.

BANNED

I like how if you look at this cover and NA#1 Namor is straddling the middle in both pics. I'm sure that was by design since Hickman said when NA#1 came out he specifically had them move BP to the front instead of Iron Man as originally drawn.
    Well, that's an interesting point. I like it better than my interpretation of Namor under Thanos' thumb. LOL! I did think it reminded me of the first issue, though I couldn't remember where Namor was in that one. But straddling the middle would be appropriate to Namor, as a bi-racial character, who has been continually doing so, since his creation.

Here are both covers for reference.

Pull List:

Really? The other Cabal included Dr. Doom and Loki. They weren't slouches, despite the addition of the Hood. Which reminds me ... I wouldn't be surprised if Doom were playing Emma's part in this. Doom and Namor playing this group makes a lot more sense and tons of fun. Though, knowing what New Avengers really is, they'll probably make it T'challa.
    Sure they don't have Doom and Loki. They got Thanos and Terrax. Black Swan could be the Emma figure since she's shown to have telepathy. The role of Doom is hard to say but Hickman could pull him into this easily. I'd be disappointed if we have seen the last of him in earlier issues.

Regarding Namor's portrayal post AvX, perhaps I'm just being optimistic. I do think of the "Namor will be Namor" is just a way to explain how one's friend might act. I know I've said that in regards to something my friends have done. Again, I might just be looking at this with too much optimism.