Page 415 of 631 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    This reminds me of this:

Stronger than a whale
    He can swim anywhere
    He can breathe under water
    And go flying through the air
    The noble Sub Mariner

Prince of the deep
    So, beware you deadly demons
    Lord Namor of Atlantis,
    Is the Prince of the Deep.

A classic! I love how that drops down on "prince of the DEEEEP."

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    I still sing that all the time. Along with the other songs. Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor. Plus Spidey's from Saturday morning. The FF was instrumental. No lyrics.:-(

I don't watch Glee or anything. And Musicals are right out!. I just like breaking out in song. Humorously. With Irony.
    What, not in the shower?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I am glad my dad recorded some (when they were shown later) on VHS...

I am even more happy my dad saved a VCR! LOL
    I never knew they showed those again! Though ... I guess they must have. The bootleg copies I've seen must have come from somewhere.

My first brush with Namor. I had 5 Beta's at one time. In the 70s & 80s. I still have a VHS too. For re-watching my old I Claudius tapes and Tom Baker/Peter Davidson/Colin Baker Dr Who from TV. Dusty but working.
    Beta! Now we're dating ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

That deserves a youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRWeaHkxXwE
    It just gets better and better. Thank you for the link!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm stunned and very happy to see this thread, CJ. A heartfelt thank you.

I'm not sure where to start and it's very late, but I'll post one of my favorite Golden Age moments with Namor ... and hope I'm a fraction of this excited tomorrow.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I got to read thru these articles and was amazed how contrasting Mark Waid's version of Namor's mother Fen is to the one I recently saw on the Namor cartoons. The first episode of Namor's 60's cartoon "Peril in the Surface World" September 1966 is much an origin story. Granted a 60s cartoon is going to be more shallow and optimistic maybe some can rightfully argue that Fen is a cardboard fairy tale princess but I much prefer the cartoon version. I like to think my heroes had some loving people behind their history much like Clark Kent's Jonathan & Martha Kent that engraved their positive behavior.

Here's some frames from Namor's origin from the 60's cartoon, I'll see if I can find a link to the cartoon in youtube and add it:
    Attachment 30821
    Attachment 30822
    Okay here's a link on youtube to the episode, the copy I have is a lot better quality but at least this is something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZ4...dPWNW-28e_fm0C
    I don't think I've seen that episode! It does stray from the comics a bit -- especially with the grandmother!

Yes, as I said before, Waid's portrayal of Princess Fen is unique. I've never ever seen her portrayed as a mother ashamed of her son -- quite the opposite. She's always been the one person who loved and supported and nurtured Namor, in the midst of the prejudice he encountered from other Atlanteans, which is is why you see him thinking of her often and visiting her grave.

Namor looks regal as all heck here!
    Wally Wood was such an awesome artist. I loved his E.C. work and The Spirit on The Moon. Sally Forth and Power Girl. Like Bill he had a serious drinking problem. Lots of artists do. I wish he did a Namor run.
    I didn't realize that! He died about the same age as Everett, maybe a little younger.

But yes, his work is gorgeous, and Namor is great in DD 7. He was actually going to do a Namor book ... I think it might have been Tales to Astonish ... but it fell through, I think because he ended up leaving Marvel. He wanted to do Namor like Pellucidar!

I do love Gene Colan, but I have to wonder where Namor would have gone, had either Ditko or Wood (both offered Namor's Tales to Astonish) taken the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    You just know my heart.♡♡♡
    As many times as I have read the story, and flipped through that book, it still gives me chills.
    And I JUST referenced Namor riding sea turtles into town, today!
    Hahaha!
    Riding sea turtles looks like THE way to ride into town ... if town is underwater. On the surface it would be a sloooooow trip.

It really is one of Marvel's greatest books.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    the cover to Captain America #100 on my office wall would be dangerous!
    just looking at it makes me want to tell my boss IM IN CHARGE NOW!!
    it's just so..inspiring and powerful
    Uhn oh. This falls into "things Namor says that we wish we could say" territory.

DC has'nt done something like this to their Alan Scotts or Jay Garricks
    I would like to be optimistic and think there's plans for him. ANAD would be a great start but.....we all know what happened
    Like I said before ... if Namor doesn't get a book out of this, it's going to be very, very, very disappointing. And barring a movie / tv show role, if that doesn't happen, I think it will end up being a long time before he gets another book. Maybe even Dr. Strange length of time, considering what Hickman's done.

he's just that unique there's nothing quite like him in comics.
    sometimes i wonder if he can make a move to another team, like in sports.
    move him to Valiant XD
    Ha! Any other publisher would probably do great things with Namor. Just look at DC. ;p

Johnny Storm finds Namor wandering the streets of New York

ATTACH=CONFIG]30841[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Red Wolf; 01-06-2016 at 05:31 AM.

That time Namor broke down a door and basically told them to bill him for damages.

And that other time when he had enough respect for DD to save him from drowning, but not only that, he recognized him as being brave:

And his hilarious temper which causes him to break his own toys when he feels betrayed by Dorma.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

While I can try to post a few things : congratulations to everyone (many things happened here ! New posters, artistic skills, snow !) and especially to you Cold Water ! Incredible books in your hands... Wow!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't think I've seen that episode! It does stray from the comics a bit -- especially with the grandmother!

Yes, as I said before, Waid's portrayal of Princess Fen is unique. I've never ever seen her portrayed as a mother ashamed of her son -- quite the opposite. She's always been the one person who loved and supported and nurtured Namor, in the midst of the prejudice he encountered from other Atlanteans, which is is why you see him thinking of her often and visiting her grave.
    I loved that it was his grandmother that told him his origin, makes it more dramatic that is a mother telling the love story of her dead son. The story was also unpredictable because you get the feeling all the time that these people that are after Namor are villains and that he is in danger and then you get that heart warming bit about the grandmother that is so unexpected.
    G1a.jpg
    G1b.jpg
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    [SIZE=3]

[CENTER]

Hah! I love how Namor himself is his own weapon!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ah, no probably the mods won't allow that. But you could let us know when you book is out. Is that the company that publishes Patrick Fillion's work?

OMG. Wow. This is definitely going in the 2016 Atlantean Hotties Calendar.

Also, I love the ... censoring. It's so happy!
    hehe I'm glad you enjoyed it. I always use happy censoring XD it's better than regular dull censoring.
    ANd yeah Clas Comics is where Patrick Fillion works. He's one of my inspirations to draw, so I'm still thrilled to be working for him haha
    ANd I like Terry Dodson, this would be like a gender bend Dodson work I guess lol.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

The Celebration and Appreciation Threads were merged, due to very similar concepts/themes. Feel free to celebrate Namor and post favorite images, panels, covers, etc. here as the Appreciation Thread is certainly the place to do so.

In response to criticism that other threads may be redundant - we definitely aim to combine them and merge similar threads anytime they pop up on the forums, per policy. No conspiracies here. Celebrate, Appreciate Marvel's original super hero!

Well, okay, then.

Celebrating Namor then.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Global Honored has been a busy boy today

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craybest View Post
    I finally made some Namor fanart, an homage to how I see him. Powerful and cocky.
    I couldn't resist and ended up drawing him naked, although I censored it. If it is still too racy for the forums I can just remove it, just let me know. Attachment 30824
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never laughed or enjoyed an image so much in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY TY for posting this for us....Maybe all us Namor fans together should make it our Avatar!!!! LOL

That is sooooooooooo great! You are a fantastic artist and I am so jealous!

Buns of Steel has nothing on Namor!

If I could re-write Squadron Suckpreme #1, I would have Namor fly at overHypedperion backwards and pinch off his head with his mighty buns!!