Page 424 of 631 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 9460

So, I was reading some golden age, Red Head Namor stories the other day in one of my MMWs.

This issue, Namor sets out to kidnap Lynne Harris to make her his bride because, well! because that is what his mother wanted.

Chicken! lol.

This the first time I have ever seen/read Namor hitting a woman who was not a villain/super-powered. The Namor I am more familiar with would not have done this.
    Last edited by Cold Water; 01-11-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

And in this issue, he had kidnapped them, and then they tried to escape, he beat up Luther Robinson, and they ended up staying and followed Namor to blow up tunnels the Nazis had made to attack the British. lol. BFs4EVAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    For those of you who are curious, Squadron Supreme #2 saw about a 44% drop in orders compared to #1 (48k to 27k roughly)

44% is a much bigger than normal drop from first issues (it's usually around 30-35%), so it may be an indication of poor quality responsible for the drop.

Hopefully, Marvel is watching, and will not only curb the trend of marketing character deaths and shock value for sales, but also reverse the decision to kill Namor sooner rather than later.
    that's almost half..another cry for justice rather than starman for Robinson

well..civil war 2 says a major character will be killed..so that trend won't be gone so soon
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    For those of you who are curious, Squadron Supreme #2 saw about a 44% drop in orders compared to #1 (48k to 27k roughly)

44% is a much bigger than normal drop from first issues (it's usually around 30-35%), so it may be an indication of poor quality responsible for the drop.

Hopefully, Marvel is watching, and will not only curb the trend of marketing character deaths and shock value for sales, but also reverse the decision to kill Namor sooner rather than later.
    That is good to know, Of Atlantis. We've heard that advance orders for the winter are down. And all around sales are down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    So, I was reading some golden age, Red Head Namor stories the other day in one of my MMWs.

This issue, Namor sets out to kidnap Lynne Harris to make her his bride because, well! because that is what his mother wanted.

Chicken! lol.

This the first time I have ever seen/read Namor hitting a woman who was not a villain/super-powered. The Namor I am more familiar with would not have done this.
    To be fair, if anyone shoots a pistol at me I would, at the very least give them a slap (after I had successfully disarmed them, hopefully.) At least I think so. With bad aim they could hit anyone. Maybe I'm a beast. Those things can kill. In the 40s and 50s that "film noir era" of mysterious women.... with unfathomable motivations...who wanted to work, of all things, the Movie Star , private eye etc., often gave them a slap. It was a sort of fashionable, on screen drama. All while chain smoking away. Of course bullets don't kill Namor, I don't think even then so, it must have been a "fashionable moment."

Thanks for the multiple panels Cold Water ( and the comments which were fun) and the pages Mr Majestik. I was feeling glum and got a bit of Namor reading I hadn't expected. I love reading 2 or 3 pages like that. Random GA, SA or BA especially.

Chicken is certainly not the endearment I would give a woman I was "wooing," to put it in the period vernacular.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

"Greeting CHicken"! I LMAO!!!

Mighty Member

And in this issue, he had kidnapped them, and then they tried to escape, he beat up Luther Robinson, and they ended up staying and followed Namor to blow up tunnels the Nazis had made to attack the British. lol. BFs4EVAR.
    What a coincidence. I'm subscribed to a channel on youtube that is publishing some of those great old Namor stories and they recently published that same story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNRgJcfigiQ They just publish them randomly but I wish they would do it in sequential order. Very cool Everett at his creative peak.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

From a 2014 article published in comicbookmovie.com:
    We've featured Rob Csiki's art a number of times here on CBM, and Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn actually had one of his pieces printed up to sign for fans at Dragoncon in Atlanta! Here, we see his unique take on a movie for Namor The Sub-Mariner. Check it out!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=106295

Love the redesigned ankle wings!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    that's almost half..another cry for justice rather than starman for Robinson

well..civil war 2 says a major character will be killed..so that trend won't be gone so soon
    I'm thinking Iron Man. He's the only White male still breathing and not MIA on the main Avengers team. Maybe they are trying to have the comics fit the movies here. After the Avengers film, will RDJ still be playing Iron Man? Can't remember if the IM #4 roller coaster is still on or off at this time. But, they might be looking to have a good reason to show a movie replacement by doing it in the comics first.

Now a lot of people are betting on other Avengers.spoilers Some thinking it is Cap:Civil War 1 in the article and are screaming Cap will die.Well, yes,probably in Civil War, the movie. Not relevant though.End Spoilers

Others think Captain Marvel, with a film due seems unlikely, Iron Patriot...why? And others. Who are you folks betting on?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    We've featured Rob Csiki's art a number of times here on CBM, and Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn actually had one of his pieces printed up to sign for fans at Dragoncon in Atlanta! Here, we see his unique take on a movie for Namor The Sub-Mariner. Check it out!

Beautiful...not sure about the face but, the rest is spot on. Nice, original style.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    That is good to know, Of Atlantis. We've heard that advance orders for the winter are down. And all around sales are down.

To be fair, if anyone shoots a pistol at me I would, at the very least give them a slap (after I had successfully disarmed them, hopefully.) At least I think so. With bad aim they could hit anyone. Maybe I'm a beast. Those things can kill. In the 40s and 50s that "film noir era" of mysterious women.... with unfathomable motivations...who wanted to work, of all things, the Movie Star , private eye etc., often gave them a slap. It was a sort of fashionable, on screen drama. All while chain smoking away. Of course bullets don't kill Namor, I don't think even then so, it must have been a "fashionable moment."

Thanks for the multiple panels Cold Water ( and the comments which were fun) and the pages Mr Majestik. I was feeling glum and got a bit of Namor reading I hadn't expected. I love reading 2 or 3 pages like that. Random GA, SA or BA especially.

Chicken is certainly not the endearment I would give a woman I was "wooing," to put it in the period vernacular.
    Yeah, I don't think that gender would play much into my reaction if someone were to be shooting at me. It's just a reminder of how much the character was tweaked and changed with the times.

What a coincidence. I'm subscribed to a channel on youtube that is publishing some of those great old Namor stories and they recently published that same story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNRgJcfigiQ They just publish them randomly but I wish they would do it in sequential order. Very cool Everett at his creative peak.
    LOVE that! Mostly because I like seeing the comic in its original print form vs. the reprinted/touched up coloring and art of the MMW. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing that! <3

That is fantastic.
    But I'm not about the redesign of the ankle wings (are those calf fins?), and the face. I cannot imagine that being his face. But the hair, hairline, ears, body, and the rest, we're good on. hahahaha.

LOVE that! Mostly because I like seeing the comic in its original print form vs. the reprinted/touched up coloring and art of the MMW. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing that! <3
    I know. It is just not the same. One needs the 4 color page, tan with age, or not.

Mighty Member

That is fantastic.
    But I'm not about the redesign of the ankle wings (are those calf fins?), and the face. I cannot imagine that being his face. But the hair, hairline, ears, body, and the rest, we're good on. hahahaha.
    Agree about the face, its just ugly, maybe the artist had an actor in mind. About the ankle wings I like that they seem bigger and more functional. I imagine if Hollywood thinks the ankle wings are stupid these wings look more functional, like they could flap and help aerodynamically like fish do when they jump out of water. Maybe Namor has very powerful legs and like Hulk doesn't flies but jumps. I know the wings need to stay one way or another but I would concede a change like that, plus they look very amphibian unlike the original that look too much like bird's wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    I'm thinking Iron Man. He's the only White male still breathing and not MIA on the main Avengers team. Maybe they are trying to have the comics fit the movies here. After the Avengers film, will RDJ still be playing Iron Man? Can't remember if the IM #4 roller coaster is still on or off at this time. But, they might be looking to have a good reason to show a movie replacement by doing it in the comics first.

Now a lot of people are betting on other Avengers.spoilers Some thinking it is Cap:Civil War 1 in the article and are screaming Cap will die.Well, yes,probably in Civil War, the movie. Not relevant though.End Spoilers

Others think Captain Marvel, with a film due seems unlikely, Iron Patriot...why? And others. Who are you folks betting on?
    is'nt tony gonna be on the other side?
    i dont know who from the old guard is left. i hope it's gonna be ben grimm or johnny storm..then i can finally stop reading marvel for a while haha
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)