Page 427 of 631 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Wings for me too!
    Adds to his mystery
    Not just that, though, but we know him with wings.
    Not with giant fins growing out of half his leg. It's HORRIBLE.
    Namor swims just fine without fins. Why would he need them?
    It's just awful.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well, I read SW 9. My LCBS was part right. I wasn't sad, but I do think Namor got punked, but at least he didn't die... anymore than than everyone "died" when Battleworld blew up.

Other than that, I'm left a bit frustrated and annoyed and scratching my head -- at least where Namor is concerned. I'm going to grab something to eat, before reading the SW 9 thread, cause it didn't make much sense or jive with what we've gotten in ANAD so far.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

He at least..died as a hero fighting the villain and with one his best one liners so far
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, I read SW 9. My LCBS was part right. I wasn't sad, but I do think Namor got punked, but at least he didn't die... anymore than than everyone "died" when Battleworld blew up.

Other than that, I'm left a bit frustrated and annoyed and scratching my head -- at least where Namor is concerned. I'm going to grab something to eat, before reading the SW 9 thread, cause it didn't make much sense or jive with what we've gotten in ANAD so far.
    I have to agree with that. The one-shot thing from Doom annoyed me. I would have liked to see a better showing from Namor. Sure, Doom had the power of the Beyonders but still, they could have had Namor do more.

hey, at least Jim Hammond showed up in full force to bring in the Squadron Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I have to agree with that. The one-shot thing from Doom annoyed me. I would have liked to see a better showing from Namor. Sure, Doom had the power of the Beyonders but still, they could have had Namor do more.
    the one shot thing would've been better if T'Challa actually...reacted to it.
    like Namor took the shot and T'Challa feeling sorry for him only for Namor to say he owes him one or something
    there was none of that and it felt so meaningless.
    (not a knock on BP rather one on Hickman)

the zombies did jack **** too.
    Hickman leaves too much to the reader's imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    hey, at least Jim Hammond showed up in full force to bring in the Squadron Supreme.
    oh yeah!! a mad jim hammond is very dangerous!!
    the teleport took the fun away IMO
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

the teleport took the fun away IMO
    agreed. though, i am looking forward to the SS on Weirdworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. though, i am looking forward to the SS on Weirdworld.
    hopefully the book gets better..it has gradually improved from #1 but it's still overall a very meh book, emotions aside ofc :P

speaking of the SS,
    SW #9 Spoiler Alert
    spoilers:
    If the F4/FF are the new architects of this universe...why would they allow their frenemy namor to be killed?
    end of spoilers

Well, I re-read this issue, and I believe I was wrong. It appears Namor DID die this issue -- I don't think that's a zombie's legs sticking out of that fire. I'm still not sad, but I am moving from annoyed to mad.

He at least..died as a hero fighting the villain and with one his best one liners so far
    He didn't really die fighting, much less heroically. He basically died, because he didn't move out of the way of Doom's attack on T'challa, cause apparently FLYING out of harms way is entirely out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Like FLY out of the way.

Most everyone else in this issue got a call back to a previous issue. The LEAST Hickman could have done was give Namor a call back to that humiliating dinner with Doom, with Namor giving him the same speech. But not even that. But hey, we got another trident chucking, even if it was totally ineffectual.

Given the complete lack of resolution Namor got in this event, there was absolutely no beneficial reason for the character to be in it. The FF got a meaningful send off to limbo, Miles Morales got to join the 616 and have his homework checked by Parker -- and a book, Doom got an unscarred face -- and co-star in a big book (though it is Bendis), and T'challa got back everything he lost, plus more -- and a book. What did Namor get? Oh, set up for his THIRD humiliating death in a Justice League rip off book, plus Marvel-Supes and Marvel-Bats get their own solo books.

the one shot thing would've been better if T'Challa actually...reacted to it.
    like Namor took the shot and T'Challa feeling sorry for him only for Namor to say he owes him one or something
    there was none of that and it felt so meaningless.
    (not a knock on BP rather one on Hickman)
    I'm sorry. I think T'challa got plenty enough pages this issue. I certainly don't want to see Namor making his own death all about T'challa too.

But I agree. Namor's THIRD death of the year was totally meaningless and yet again, fairly ignoble.

the zombies did jack **** too.
    Hickman leaves too much to the reader's imagination
    The zombies AND Namor's magic item, the Siege Courageous. He wasn't needed at all for that item to be used, and it was simply a transporter. But we probably should have known the zombies were going to do jack, when 'threats' like Maestro and Thanos were taken out no problem.

There's a lot of things I enjoyed about Secret Wars, but Namor's role in it was definitely not one of them.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

hopefully the book gets better..it has gradually improved from #1 but it's still overall a very meh book, emotions aside ofc :P

speaking of the SS,
    SW #9 Spoiler Alert
    spoilers:
    If the F4/FF are the new architects of this universe...why would they allow their frenemy namor to be killed?
    end of spoilers
    There's a lot about SW 9 that is confusing. I tried to read through the issue thread, but only got to page 17, with my headache.

I don't think that spoilers:
    the divine FF
    end of spoilers works like that on a personal level, post re-genesis. But yes, it's strange, that DOOM is the only one that spoilers:
    the divine FF
    end of spoilers could bother to help out at re-genesis. Because I would have thought spoilers:
    Ben Grimm
    end of spoilers would have been at the top of the list.

And to end on a MUCH better note. This was the best thing that happened to me today, comic wise.

Ordered from InstockTrades today @ $37.50!

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-07/JUL150824

...................mind blown moment.
    spoilers:
    ben grimm
    end of spoilers literally flew off everyone's moment especially since reed has been trying to solve it since forever
    but you know...turning villains into heroes and heroes into villains is what sells now
    all while ignoring the guy who can originally walk between the two with so much ease

...................mind blown moment.
    spoilers:
    ben grimm
    end of spoilers literally flew off everyone's moment especially since reed has been trying to solve it since forever
    but you know...turning villains into heroes and heroes into villains is what sells now
    all while ignoring the guy who can originally walk between the two with so much ease

Yep. I mean, there's sort of an ugly condescension to spoilers:
    Sue's statement that Ben and Johnny aren't finished with their act ... while the rest of the FF are 'enlightened' enough to move on up to the 'divine FF.'
    end of spoilers Probably not what Hickman intended, but it's there.

Don't get me started again on Marvel's treatment of Namor. LOL! I'm staring real hard at that Everett cover!

Johnny and Ben are'nt really role models like the rest but............it's not like the other 2 to exclude them from ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And to end on a MUCH better note. This was the best thing that happened to me today, comic wise.

Ordered from InstockTrades today @ $37.50!

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-07/JUL150824
    Thank you for posting this!
    I had to order my copy from IST, too, because Amazon wants full retail ($75) for it! I also ordered this because I was going to order some Bill Everett collections, but this showed up in my search, and I think I am going to wait on getting the Bill Everett collections for right now:
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."