Page 457 of 631 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I've been enjoying SS in spite of the element of tragedy it carries. I'm personally taking all this as yet another, "you should not like Dr. Spectrum. She's a depressive, genocidal, idiot." I know i may be the only one here actually buying the series at this point, but this is an ongoing theme. The team is increasingly morally divided and we've already had one HUGE heel turn moment as of last week's issue (which was the strongest to date by far).
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Exactly. She's the worst murdering hypocrite of the bunch.

I thought Fraction repeatedly decimating the Atlanteans was bad, just because he liked the image of Atlanteans washing up on the beach like a bunch of dead fish, but this is even worse. They are one of the most advanced technological civilizations. They are the oldest civilization, the one most steeped in magic, and the only actively green civilization in the MU, that lives in harmony with nature. And all that is forgotten and they are being treated like crap to give some DC knock off "characterization." Ugh.
    I'm tentatively following what is happening in the series, though not necessarily buying the issues themselves. If Chief Jon is correct and this results in a story arc eventually resutls in the restoration of Namor and the Atlanteans with a satisfactory conclusion, then I'll invest in the trade, for sure. If not, I'd be glad I didn't.

I do think Robinson is attempting to paint the SS, specifically Spectrum, as the villains, especially with the revelation of these panels. I do believe the dialogue reads as hateful for a reason. The reader is supposed to come to the realization that the SS aren't the good guys. However, I can only see it coming full circle with the return, and ultimately the revenge, of Namor.

Yay! Wow, he's almost a centenarian!

That's such a cool pic. I'm going to steal it for the 365! Now I need to hunt down the story. It's an unexpected mix of people. Is that Quasar?
    It's an Avenger Annual issue, I believe. Can't recall which number or volume though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Wow!

I had no idea Namor was a fellow Piscean.

It was my birthday yesterday. (21st February 2016)
    Happy belated Birthday!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wow!

Happy Belated Birthday! So, close to Namor's, it will now be easy to remember.

There's some confusion about Namor's birthday, both date and year -- IIRC, Roy Thomas made him a Christmas baby in Saga! But fans mostly have gone with the nice 2/22/22, and the appropriate Pisces sign, though I'm not sure exactly where it came from.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I'm tentatively following what is happening in the series, though not necessarily buying the issues themselves. If Chief Jon is correct and this results in a story arc eventually resutls in the restoration of Namor and the Atlanteans with a satisfactory conclusion, then I'll invest in the trade, for sure. If not, I'd be glad I didn't.

I do think Robinson is attempting to paint the SS, specifically Spectrum, as the villains, especially with the revelation of these panels. I do believe the dialogue reads as hateful for a reason. The reader is supposed to come to the realization that the SS aren't the good guys. However, I can only see it coming full circle with the return, and ultimately the revenge, of Namor.

It's an Avenger Annual issue, I believe. Can't recall which number or volume though.

Happy belated Birthday!

Happy Belated Birthday! So, close to Namor's, it will now be easy to remember.

There's some confusion about Namor's birthday, both date and year -- IIRC, Roy Thomas made him a Christmas baby in Saga! But fans mostly have gone with the nice 2/22/22, and the appropriate Pisces sign, though I'm not sure exactly where it came from.
    Thank you dear friends.

Awww, thank you! And I could see my wife being quite okay indulging me with that much Namor. I mean, she's not much of a comics fan herself, but she does like it when I go all "Imperius Rex".
    What a wonderful lady! And of course, she would! Imperius Rex is AWESOME!

Well there we go! Sorry to be challenging. I've been having a hard time feeling at all welcome on this page since I made the decision to trust in Robinson and financially support the series. I really appreciate that sentiment Rev.
    Oh, that's not the case at all! I'm sorry if you've felt that way. We all love Namor, even if we disagree on points of his portrayals, runs, artists, etc. and this is the place to share the love. Also, I miss your posts, even when I know you are busy.

I actually have a theory that Robinson might have saved Namor from a more permanent limbo (depending on if he lives up to his tweets). I haven't had time to go back and read some of Hickman's stuff to confirm it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I disagree in part. I think he's _trying_ to portray most of them as heroes who have done a horrible villainous thing for all the wrong reasons, and now he's planning on showing them coming to that realization. The business with the young boy Atlantean sort of points to that, IMO. Of course, at this point, it would take a miracle to redeem them for me personally. ;p

My beef, is WHY??? These are practically unknown characters, which very few people care about and that there has been little build up. If you want to do a moving character study of someone coming to terms with terrible actions -- how do you NOT pick Namor?! He's spent the last years being trashed by plot contrivances and he's actually got fans, and people who have read Hickman who are interested in seeing that. Seriously, that was the one life preserver I clung to during Hickman's run, that SURELY, this mess will lead to an ongoing, ripe with possibilities and interest from readers of Hickman's books.

I wonder how much editorial has to do with this decision?

Yep, I John Byrne the SS to see if there's anything Namor / Atlantean related.

I found it! It's Namor Annual #1 Off to dig it out.

What a wonderful lady! And of course, she would! Imperius Rex is AWESOME!
    Oh, that's not the case at all! I'm sorry if you've felt that way. We all love Namor, even if we disagree on points of his portrayals, runs, artists, etc. and this is the place to share the love. Also, I miss your posts, even when I know you are busy.

I actually have a theory that Robinson might have saved Namor from a more permanent limbo (depending on if he lives up to his tweets). I haven't had time to go back and read some of Hickman's stuff to confirm it.
    Awww, shucks Rev. I hope my optimism and faith pays off. Now that I'm starting to process through what happened at the end of January, and feeling more able to think and write again I want to do my best to have more of a presence here.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Oh Jack Lord, I've just had a break through! As some of you (particularly Abe, really any of you who have read my Analogies to Amaze! pieces closely) know I'm more than a little preoccupied with the conceit of Comics as a magickal medium, and the (unnecessary) magical conflict that's been playing out between Alan Moore and Grant Morrison for decades, on the printed-page battleground. . . the idea that certain other writers (particularly Gaiman, Millar, and Ellis, but also possibly Robinson, Claremont, Thomas, Gillen, Bennett, Fraction and others) are involved in that too, and, well I was reading a recent interview with Moore and then it hit me!
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Oh Jack Lord, I've just had a break through! As some of you (particularly Abe, really any of you who have read my Analogies to Amaze! pieces closely) know I'm more than a little preoccupied with the conceit of Comics as a magickal medium, and the (unnecessary) magical conflict that's been playing out between Alan Moore and Grant Morrison for decades, on the printed-page battleground. . . the idea that certain other writers (particularly Gaiman, Millar, and Ellis, but also possibly Robinson, Claremont, Thomas, Gillen, Bennett, Fraction and others) are involved in that too, and, well I was reading a recent interview with Moore and then it hit me!
    OMG.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the conflict between Moore and Morrison, but that is an amazing idea. Especially given Morrison's take on Namor as Mercury, messenger of the gods, language itself.

Awww, shucks Rev. I hope my optimism and faith pays off. Now that I'm starting to process through what happened at the end of January, and feeling more able to think and write again I want to do my best to have more of a presence here.
    Well, it has already paid off for you, since you are enjoying the book.

Hmmmm. Being able to write is always a good thing. But we know you are busy.

Also, the Namor Birthday story was kind of fun, in a flashback, "oh God, did I wear that in the 90s" way.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Of Atlantis. I get to share my anniversary with Namor's Birthday!
    Happy belated anniversary!

Wow!

Happy belated birthday!
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Happy B-day to all our February-Fishy Friends!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Happy B-day to all our February-Fishy Friends!
    Yay! Fishy business!

Whoop! Happy Belated Mr. Majestek. Sorry I missed that yesterday. Thought I got you.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

I don't know if he made it or what, but someone took the time to do it, which was a pretty cool thing to do.

Namor's Cartoon Theme Song Updated.

All-New Member

I finally found Namor, and how he should look when they finally make his film/movie. Go to Youtube and type in Queen the show must go on (official video) 32 seconds in the Video Namor summonsing Giganto!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t99KH0TR-J4