Page 474 of 631 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Thank you! Good introduction to Captain Britain!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    LOL, so awesome! Thanks, Rev.

Excellent! I've always been a fan of the good Captain. Own the first Marvel UK British title by Claremont and the second one with Delano and Davis.
    I don't have any of the Marvel UK comics, but I think I have a trade of Brian's early adventures. And of course, Excalibur. Loved it and Captain Britain and MI13. I'd definitely buy another series and or watch a show.

Glad folks enjoyed the April Fool's image.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Kris Anka on Twitter asks the question I've been asking since Secret Wars:

still not sure why i don't have a namor book yet

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...12497796083713
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Kris Anka on Twitter asks the question I've been asking since Secret Wars:

still not sure why i don't have a namor book yet

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...12497796083713
    Good drawing style but Namor forgot his speedos.

Don't know if anyone has seen this fanart, but its pretty good too:
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Good drawing style but Namor forgot his speedos.

Don't know if anyone has seen this fanart, but its pretty good too:
    I like the lighting in this pic. Very intimidating.

Forgot his speedos? I hadn't noticed.

Another 'Might Have Been' story for Namor ...

Chuck Austen was writing Avengers and had a big arc / event planned for #500 that involved Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Austen
    I had stories in Avengers going off for a year, or more. I think some of the names of the arcs gave it away. In "Atlantean Nation" Namor takes over the world. He was going to do what some Saudi insurgents are trying to do, now. He cuts off the flow of oil from the Middle East and brings the world to it's knees, then declares the oceans his territory, and none may cross, pollute, or fish there. If the pieces remained, we can see some lead-in to this in Namor's tensions with his subordinates in the first Invaders issue where they argue over supporting the "air-breathers" above his own people and subjects, the Atlanteans.

America has enough oil to last is a while, in reserve, and in it's own wells, but it will dwindle quickly, and tensions rise, as things begin to stop from lack of fuel and other nations become more desperate. Naturally, the Avengers have to stop Namor. This was the big crossover event tied in to #500.
    From an old interview at Comixfan.

http://web.archive.org/web/200709271...threadid=28899

Of course, instead of a big Namor story by the controversial Austen, we got a controversial Bendis story for the anniversary issue. Hmmmm.

Of course, instead of a big Namor story by the controversial Austen, we got a controversial Bendis story for the anniversary issue. Hmmmm.
    Wow. What could've been. Not sure I'd trust Austen to pull that off though. He was pretty controversial himself.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Wow. What could've been. Not sure I'd trust Austen to pull that off though. He was pretty controversial himself.
    I definitely wouldn't trust Austen to pull that off. Plus after that Namor would be more locked in as a villain in the eyes of a lot of fans than Wanda is post Disassembled & Decimation.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

i'm glad that story never saw the light of day.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I definitely wouldn't trust Austen to pull that off. Plus after that Namor would be more locked in as a villain in the eyes of a lot of fans than Wanda is post Disassembled & Decimation.
    Yeah, given how Austen does things and his work with the X-books, I don't see him as being the best person for this job. Here's hoping for a 2017 namor book?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Yeah, given how Austen does things and his work with the X-books, I don't see him as being the best person for this job. Here's hoping for a 2016 namor book?
    FTFY

hell yeah!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'm glad that story never saw the light of day.
    Yeah, given how Austen does things and his work with the X-books, I don't see him as being the best person for this job.
    Well, that seems a pretty unanimous NO to that writer. LOL! Though I haven't read enough of Austen to have a opinion on his work. I liked his Namor in Captain America Ice, for the most part, and in his Avengers run. Of course, both of those stories had gorgeous art by Jae Lee and Scot Kolins, so that didn't hurt.

I do like the idea of an event centered on Namor. And Austen had a part of in the Mazhidar (sp) story line from New Invaders, where Atlantis and Namor were treated respectfully as a major political power, instead of the push over, punching bag it's become since.

I don't see Austen's story line making Namor a villain in eyes of a lot of fans, like what Hickman did in AvX and his New Avengers / Secret Warts story lines. I think Namor making a huge move to save the oceans / planet would go over much better than killing planets, to save universes.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-07-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Here's hoping for a 2017 namor book?
    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    FTFY

hell yeah!
    Yep! I need one THIS year!

I don't see Austen's story line making Namor a villain in eyes of a lot of fans, like what Hickman did in AvX and his New Avengers / Secret Warts story lines. I think Namor making a huge move to save the oceans / planet would go over much better than killing planets, to save universes.
    I don't know; reading that plot description it sounds like Austen basically wanted to turn Namor into Osama bin Laden. At least how I read it, thus my thought that it would be WAY worse for Namor than any muck Hickman dragged our guy through.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

I don't know; reading that plot description it sounds like Austen basically wanted to turn Namor into Osama bin Laden. At least how I read it, thus my thought that it would be WAY worse for Namor than any muck Hickman dragged our guy through.
    Hmmm. Didn't get that impression, but I'm also probably taking into account how Austen wrote the beginning of the story line with Namor. It wasn't about terrorism or an anti-Western stance, and more about national politics in an effort to keep his kingdom from being polluted by oil spills.

Regardless, Austen seems to be disliked, so I doubt it would have turned out well for Namor, even with him actually being the center of an event / major arc.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-08-2016 at 12:50 AM.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Namor-WIP-599828066

WIP digital art with some photo-manipulation by John Gallager. I think he's going to be at ECC this weekend, so if anyone is going, please stop by and ask about this piece and what it is supposed to look like finished.