Page 477 of 631 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    What are the sales numbers like at this point? Are they that low that we're assuming cancellation is around the corner? I mean Robinson was talking about a crossover with an Avengers book coming up soon, and we've got two franchise-building books in Hyperion and Nighthawk.
    SS #5 was estimated at about 22k, not taking into account digital sales (because Marvel doesn't release those). I'm assuming since SS wasn't cancelled at #6, that for trade purposes, it will go to #12. I may be wrong. It could go to #10 for all I know, or #16+ if sales plateau. I'm mostly going by the patterns I usually see. Books that go below 20k get cancelled, but those that plateau above that usually get to go on, like Peter David's X-Factor, that hovered at 20k for more than a year.

As for Robinson referring to crossing over with an Avenger book, could he have been talking about the Civil War II tie-in in #9?

Gotta say, guys, my faith is slightly renewed upon hearing this news. I'm really pulling for Robinson to make up for SS #1.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 04-14-2016 at 07:56 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    As for Robinson referring to crossing over with an Avenger book, could he have been talking about the Civil War II tie-in in #9?

Gotta say, guys, my faith is slightly renewed upon hearing this news. I'm really pulling for Robinson to make up for SS #1.
    I didn't think so based on my read of things. I had the sense the cross-over would take place after Civil War II and Finding Namor
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    John Romita jr. and Jim Mooney.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

deleted post sorry
    Last edited by Lucena Soares; 04-15-2016 at 06:08 PM.
    Everything Lives!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Good to know that we're getting a finding namor arc, although it would have been nice to have him in Civil war II. Actually Namor could have been a good lead for a CW cross over situation given his personality. And it's great to know we'll be getting him back, maybe, hopefully, he can get his own ongoing or at least end up working with one of the groups.

As for a movie, unless Universal gives it up, or makes a deal, we're out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Good to know that we're getting a finding namor arc, although it would have been nice to have him in Civil war II. Actually Namor could have been a good lead for a CW cross over situation given his personality. And it's great to know we'll be getting him back, maybe, hopefully, he can get his own ongoing or at least end up working with one of the groups.

As for a movie, unless Universal gives it up, or makes a deal, we're out of luck.
    he was instrumental in the original civil war..but then MCU synchronization
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Well, two years ago the rights were almost at Marvel http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Right...tly-66323.html
    Don't really understand why Kevin Feige hasn't done more to get the property back, what good does it serves both sides to just sit on a hot property like the Sub-Mariner at a time when the demand for iconic heroes is so great. Of course I want a movie franchise but I believe Namor could do well as a TV series too.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, two years ago the rights were almost at Marvel http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Right...tly-66323.html
    Don't really understand why Kevin Feige hasn't done more to get the property back, what good does it serves both sides to just sit on a hot property like the Sub-Mariner at a time when the demand for iconic heroes is so great. Of course I want a movie franchise but I believe Namor could do well as a TV series too.
    Honestly can't see Namor work as a tv series as well as he'd work in a movie, but at this point I'd take anything.

As for Feige's lack of pursuit for this character, one thing the MCU sorely lacks is a truly great villain. Not that I think Namor would make for a great villain, but he'd be one hell of a great antagonist.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

Honestly can't see Namor work as a tv series as well as he'd work in a movie, but at this point I'd take anything.

As for Feige's lack of pursuit for this character, one thing the MCU sorely lacks is a truly great villain. Not that I think Namor would make for a great villain, but he'd be one hell of a great antagonist.
    Yep, just like Magneto is in the X-Men franchise.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

He'd be a great antagonist for sure.
    a charming anti-hero worked loki well for the MCU

i do wish to see an illuminati film tho
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member

The mcu villains of the shows,kingpin,killgrave,evil ward etc.. are really great and we still have to see what thanos will bring to the table upcoming.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some talk about mcu film villains,not the villains for the mcu shows.

Originally Posted by rpmaluki
    I personally don't get this attachment people have to villains. I go to a Captain America movie to see Captain America, not to watch Red Skull run circles around Cap. I'm not interested in someone else, especially a villain "steal" the movie from the hero of the movie. A "weak" villain (according to reviews and fan feedback) doesn't break a movie for me (I form my own opinion), it's usually the bad script and bad acting that ruins movies for me, not the villain grandstanding or lack thereof.
    I figure the main plot in Civil War is Cap vs Tony and not Zemo, the side act.

Originally Posted by MindofShadow
    This x1000.
    And it isn't like these villains are poorly acted and cartoonish. It is just that they don't get as much focus as the hero in the MCU. Which is fine. They are well acted and the motivations are clear and make sense (except Malekith). "OK" =/= bad
    And really, how many GREAT comic book villains have been on screen anyway?

http://community.comicbookresources....Positive/page2

MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 4
    Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

I actuay do agree with you though AVEITWITHJAMON, MCU clearly has a problem with their villains and a lot of fans brought up the issue. Heck there's a thread for it. The obly time I found the humour to be too much was in IM3 and Thor 2. They needed to dial it down Jesus. In Thor 2, it bothered me in the final battle. It lessened the stakes. Yeah it was funny but was too much.
    In IM3, it was just I'll conceived situational humour. Like the armour being hit by the truck or when it came to the final battle and just crumbled. I laughed sure, but looking back at it, I could have done without those.
    by kedrell

I've heard the villain complaint before and with perhaps the lone exception of Malekith, who I think got truly shafted as did Christopher Eccleston, I keep asking the same question: A villain problem compared to what? Are they all Darth Vader/Hans Gruber/Hannibal Lector level villains? Hell no but then who ever is? If that's the standard then nobody will be measuring up. IMO virtually all of their villains have been perfectly adequate and served their function as thy were meant to do. It's simply that they prefer to give more focus to their heroes in their movies and I can't fault them for that.
    MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 4
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=505133&page=5
    Last edited by mace11; 04-19-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The mcu villains of the shows,kingpin,killgrave,evil ward etc.. are really great and we still have to see what thanos will bring to the table upcoming.
    They're great villains, but as far as serious threats go, they're all fairly self contained in their own niches imo. Every other villain in the MCU has either been emasculated (Loki) or killed/removed within the same movie they appeared. I think if we're reaching for an Avengers antagonist other than Thanos, who actually seems like a viable threat and could remain relevant through multiple movies, there would be few who could provide as interesting a premise as Namor could.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 04-20-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Upcoming Reading:

Eeeesh, I really don't like the idea of Namor being introduced as a villain in the MCU. I mean, we're talking about how he'll be prepared by the public at large for a long time to come here. I'd personally rather have no representation than negative or poor representation. I guess I'd be okay with him being an Avengers foe if it becomes clear during the course of the narrative that either the Avengers have been in the wrong or that they're both at odds with a common foe that they can rally against, but please, please no out-and-out villainous Namor on film.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

I was careful to not call him a villain, but rather an antagonist. I think there's a good precedence for him coming into conflict with the Avengers, but not necessarily as a mustache twirling type villain like Loki.

Upcoming Reading: