Page 48 of 631 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zukahnaut View Post
    I love this thread and everybody in it. Long live Namor!
    To your first point: Awwwwwww, that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said on these boards and I wholly share the sentiment.

To your Second Point:

IMPERIUS REX!!!!!

Oh yeah! In other news I'm off to the CON I attend every year. If there are any Namor or related cosplayers or parties this year I'll get you wonderful people some pics (If not I'll just re-post my Imperius Rex tattoo since the old images left when the boards were reset). I'm also a panelist again this year, talking about "Superheroes as Urban Fantasy". Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to talk about Subby while I'm up there with other web-writers and urban fantasy author/Cats Laughing front woman Emma Bull (Cold Water, I know at least you, with your love of Excalibur to rival my own must know that name).

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Of course, I've missed you! But sadly, I haven't been around that much either. Mom's gardening is going to kill me. :P

I just picked up a bunch of Alpha Flight issues I was missing, in the 90s and 100s, from the dollar bin -- actually .50 bin. I wish they'd do an omnibus for them. Trying to track down one of those Classic trades at a reasonable price is tough. And yeah, Namor's a bit sappy in those, doing his best Stanley Kowalski impression. "Marrinaaaaaaa!"
    I missed the Alpha Flight portion of your post earlier, somehow, but I wanted to say that those numbered issues, I don't believe, are collected in TPB. They can be found online fairly inexpensively, though. I am thinking that once I have all of volume 1 (which I THINK goes up to #130), I am going to have a book service bind them into books for me (well, the part not collected in TPB which is all but Byrne's run). Another member here had that done with her AF collection and posted it in my Alpha Flight thread.
    Anyway, do you have the issues of AF with Namor?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Oh yeah! In other news I'm off to the CON I attend every year. If there are any Namor or related cosplayers or parties this year I'll get you wonderful people some pics (If not I'll just re-post my Imperius Rex tattoo since the old images left when the boards were reset). I'm also a panelist again this year, talking about "Superheroes as Urban Fantasy". Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to talk about Subby while I'm up there with other web-writers and urban fantasy author/Cats Laughing front woman Emma Bull (Cold Water, I know at least you, with your love of Excalibur to rival my own must know that name).
    oooh! Have fun! And, yes, get pics if you can!

And, sadly, no, I cannot think of that off the top of my head. My Alpha Flight reading has interrupted all my other reading right now, so I'm very behind on my already-behind Excalibur reads.
    I cannot wait to see what you post!
    Let us all know how it went.

Anyone could be a hero. Zukahnaut's Avatar

LOL! That sounds like some Golden Age goodness! And to think, Marvel editorial has succeeded where the Nazis' failed, and they've stolen Namor's green swimsuit!

Couldn't agree more on Bill Everett! He was amazing, and also seriously underrated. Have you got Blake Bell's book on Bill Everett, Namor and creation of Marvel Comics? Great stuff, and tons of art!

Yep. I've been a fan since I was a kid too. I've wandered away from comics a few times, but when I hear about Namor getting a new book or mini-series, I am immediately dragged back in.
    You know, I've never heard of that Blake Bell book. Definitely need to follow up on that!

I do my best to pay homage to Namor wherever I can -- talking him up to friends/Twitter and having the protagonist of my own comic reference him whenever I can fit it in. I did this Namor piece a few weeks back and almost immediately knew I would use it as a poster for Zukah's wall!

image.jpg
    ZUKAHNAUT is a comic. It's online, it's free, and I like it. You might too!

You know, I've never heard of that Blake Bell book. Definitely need to follow up on that!

I do my best to pay homage to Namor wherever I can -- talking him up to friends/Twitter and having the protagonist of my own comic reference him whenever I can fit it in. I did this Namor piece a few weeks back and almost immediately knew I would use it as a poster for Zukah's wall!

image.jpg
    Sweet!!!
    I love how you got the blue in his hair like that. Pretty awesome!!

Anyone could be a hero. Zukahnaut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Sweet!!!
    I love how you got the blue in his hair like that. Pretty awesome!!
    Hey thanks!
    ZUKAHNAUT is a comic. It's online, it's free, and I like it. You might too!

BANNED

image.jpg
    Nicely done! Definitely looks like Namor is about to lay the Imperius Rex on someone. And that's great how you support Namor. I tend to chat him up everywhere, also.

Here's the Amazon listing for it, though you can probably find it cheaper on eBay.

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Water-Eve...fire+and+water

I have some other links, which I should put on the front page, but I'll have to dig them out after lunch.

Here's the Amazon listing for it, though you can probably find it cheaper on eBay.

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Water-Eve...fire+and+water
    Need that book!
    Need.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I still think it would be neat for Namor to win Susan Storm away from Reed Richards. If indeed the Fantastic Four title is cancelled in 2015, maybe Sue could end up with Namor in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I still think it would be neat for Namor to win Susan Storm away from Reed Richards. If indeed the Fantastic Four title is cancelled in 2015, maybe Sue could end up with Namor in Atlantis?
    This may pose a slight problem when Lady Dorma comes back and claims her rightful place next to Namor as his queen.

*of course, this is my head's happy ending, but whatever*

BANNED

There's at least one What If? that has Sue and Namor married. I don't think FF is getting canceled, and that would only work if Namor had a book, where Sue could show up, which sadly, he doesn't have at present. But fictionally, Sue has made her choice, at least three different times, and it isn't Namor. Likewise, Namor has married only water breathers, twice.

This may pose a slight problem when Lady Dorma comes back and claims her rightful place next to Namor as his queen.

*of course, this is my head's happy ending, but whatever*
    It will be "Out the Airlock" Part Deux. ;p

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Yes, Fantastic Four Annual #1 is one of the best FF adventures from the 1960's. Lady Dorma was almost successful in her attempt to drown the Invisible Girl. If not for Namor and Thing seeing Susan by chance, it would have been all over for her, as she was helplessly wrapped up in deadly kelp!

BANNED

Yes, Fantastic Four Annual #1 is one of the best FF adventures from the 1960's. Lady Dorma was almost successful in her attempt to drown the Invisible Girl. If not for Namor and Thing seeing Susan by chance, it would have been all over for her, as she was helplessly wrapped up in deadly kelp!
    I agree. FF Annual #1 is awesome!

Namor has psychic powers that let him know when the ladies he cares for need him.

BANNED

Need that book!
    Need.
    Here are the links I mentioned previously for FIRE AND WATER.

Video Preview of Fire and Water

Bell's "Fire and Water" Honors Bill Everett 10-19-10

Listen to Wendy Everett Discuss Her Dad, Bill Everett 2-16-11

"Fire and Water" Author's Site: Blake Bell News - Bill Everett tag