Page 501 of 631 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm not that familiar with Aquaman, but I never got the sense of him wrestling with his heritage and place, like Namor. He was a white guy in a white society both above and below the waves. Namor, OTOH, physically can not fit in at either place, which arguably is the impetus for his 'angry young man' and alienation narrative.

I'm not saying the script can be bad. I'm just saying that a great script is not going to make a successful movie, if the ocean setting is lame. Story, setting, casting -- all have to be on target.
    Yes. Yes. On the nose, Yes! That is EXACTLY why I believe Sub-Mariner has so much more potential to be a strong cinematic property with mass market appeal in a way that Aquaman doesn't (because at the end of the day, Aquaman is a good man, but not a challenging one, in a setting that is a, pardon the pun, a wash with Namor in terms of what can be done visually).
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Yes. Yes. On the nose, Yes! That is EXACTLY why I believe Sub-Mariner has so much more potential to be a strong cinematic property with mass market appeal in a way that Aquaman doesn't (because at the end of the day, Aquaman is a good man, but not a challenging one, in a setting that is a, pardon the pun, a wash with Namor in terms of what can be done visually).
    On top of the visuals you also have a way to connect to Captain America in the past and as well as other characters in the present. Also, as strange as this might sound, it could be interesting to use him as an antagonist for Fantastic Four if Marvel ever got him back.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I agree, except that the Aquaman movie is basically adopting Namor's racial alienation ... at least with the airbreather side, by casting a brown Aquaman. And we know Momoa can play a badass. It's going to be interesting to see how much of Namor ends up in that movie.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    On top of the visuals you also have a way to connect to Captain America in the past and as well as other characters in the present. Also, as strange as this might sound, it could be interesting to use him as an antagonist for Fantastic Four if Marvel ever got him back.
    Sadly, I think they are erasing Namor from the WWII in the MCU. They've ignored every opportunity to use him period pieces -- I'm looking at you Agent Carter.

OTOH, he could be used with the FF if Marvel Studios ever got them back. And, as I'm sure dzub would appreciate, it would allow them to get back to basics, so to speak, and introduce Namor as Bill Everett's angry young man.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well, as I feared, I don't think Gillen's next book will be Namor.

He was asked about it on tumblr, and said:

It’s someone I’ve previously written, yes.

Will probably be announced in the next month or two.

http://kierongillen.tumblr.com/post/...ect-will#notes

Previously written COULD be Namor, but an announcement in the next month or two sort of rules him out, I think. I don't think Marvel would announce a Namor book BEFORE he's even resurrected ... though, given their penchant for spoiling things, there's a small possibility, I guess.

But I think it's going to America Chavez, since she was on the Divided We Stand poster.

I'm not sure how much longer this X-Men Collection sale is going on at Comixology, but for $3.99 they've included ESCAPE FROM THE NEGATIVE ZONE, a collection of annuals, that feature Namor, Dr. Nemesis, Cyke, and Hope.

It collects UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL (2006) #3, STEVE ROGERS: SUPER-SOLDIER ANNUAL #1 and NAMOR: THE FIRST MUTANT ANNUAL #1. Steve Rogers mounts a rescue operation to save the X-Men in the Negative Zone!

https://www.comixology.com/X-Men-Ste...QvbGlzdDEyMzc1

A Chris Samnee Invaders piece!

I agree, except that the Aquaman movie is basically adopting Namor's racial alienation ... at least with the airbreather side, by casting a brown Aquaman. And we know Momoa can play a badass. It's going to be interesting to see how much of Namor ends up in that movie.
    His barbaric-esque look has already drawn comparisons to edgy 90s Namor...
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    His barbaric-esque look has already drawn comparisons to edgy 90s Namor...
    Yep. I was looking for the comparison pic that some people posted after the news but couldn't find it. But this is close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Snyder relased a image of Aquaman for the Batman vs. Superman movie:

I think he looks a lot like 90's Namor:

The Iron Fist Club Twitter feed pointed out/turned me on to agreeing.

This one kills me. Even the fanart is stealing from Namor. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by reviresco View Post
    this one kills me. Even the fanart is stealing from namor. Lol!

oh my goodness
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Did anyone pick up SS today?

Sadly, there's no Namor in it at all. I think I made a mistake and started pulling this book too soon.

And I continue to hate everyone in this book. I'm severely disappointed in Blue Marvel.

And don't get me started on how this makes the Atlanteans look even more jobbed.

Sadly, there's no Namor in it at all. I think I made a mistake and started pulling this book too soon.

And I continue to hate everyone in this book. I'm severely disappointed in Blue Marvel.

And don't get me started on how this makes the Atlanteans look even more jobbed.
    Atlanteans got jobbed again? Jeez

Upcoming Reading:

why's that?

BANNED

What did the Blue Marvel do?