Page 503 of 631 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I wouldn't blame Blue Marvel, really. Robinson's had trouble following his own continuity in this series, never mind someone else's.
    That is a good point. Which is strange considering he's a big fan of the history and continuity of comics. Maybe he'll pull it all together at the end and have the last laugh on us, but right now, it's annoying.

Sure, it's the writer's fault, though, I'm not really a big fan of Blue Marvel, any more than I'm a fan of Sentry or Hyperion and their inspiration Superman. But it made Blue Marvel look bad, in my eyes, especially considering NIGHTHAWK even stood up for Namor, and they weren't all that close. Unless you consider that time Namor (and some other Defenders) gave up part of his essence to save Nighthawk's life.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I haven't gotten to read the issue yet (probably on my flight to San Antonio tomorrow), but I'm disappointed that it sounds like an opportunity was missed to recognize Namor and Adam's friendship. That's a relationship I've felt a pretty personal connection to as it mirrored one I (as a mixed-race man) share with a close, long time friend (and African-American man from the deep south). It's not just Robinson though. It seems like that very important element of Blue Marvel's history has been consistently ignored since the original Kevin Grevioux (sp?) mini-series . . . despite the fact that their interaction was of major importance to the character and, if I recall correctly, was the primary character interaction in one of the issues of the mini.
    Yep.

I haven't read Mighty Avengers or Ultimates, but I think it obvious that his relationship with T'challa is what is being stressed now, and Namor is being erased from history yet again. I know there was something about the Illuminati at the end of Mighty Avengers, but did he even mention Namor?

Other than that, you'll probably like the SS issue. There was a nice balance of fighting and talking. And Princess Power shows up.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That is a good point. Which is strange considering he's a big fan of the history and continuity of comics. Maybe he'll pull it all together at the end and have the last laugh on us, but right now, it's annoying.

Sure, it's the writer's fault, though, I'm not really a big fan of Blue Marvel, any more than I'm a fan of Sentry or Hyperion and their inspiration Superman. But it made Blue Marvel look bad, in my eyes, especially considering NIGHTHAWK even stood up for Namor, and they weren't all that close. Unless you consider that time Namor (and some other Defenders) gave up part of his essence to save Nighthawk's life.
    didn't finish reading, huh? Richmond was a skrull. he was impaled; the very next issue.

Really no need to try and bait people in other appreciation threads...
    to a fish, everything looks like bait. I was just trying to respect the 'Appreciation' nature of the thread. you folks want to complain about something in a safespace. I don't respect it. but i get it.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-04-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    didn't finish reading, huh? Richmond was a skrull. he was impaled; the very next issue.
    I guess you missed the part where I said I wasn't reading this book, until now, huh? Regardless, even a skrull of version of Nighthawk acknowledged Namor's relationship, which really only makes Blue Marvel look worse, IMO.

to a fish, everything looks like bait.
    Nonsense. We've lost way too many Namor fans to crap like this.

I was just trying to respect the 'Appreciation' nature of the thread. you folks want to complain about something in a safespace. I don't respect it. but i get it.
    Well you fail completely at that, by your own admission. And you haven't posted a single post appreciating NAMOR in this thread, but only have talked about another character, other fans, and attempted to incite us to troll other appreciation threads.

WTF is this "you folks" crap? EVERY SINGLE Appreciation thread has the same rules. RESPECT the character and don't troll his fans. This isn't something that happens only in the Namor thread.

As for complaining in an "unsafe" place, which allegedly there isn't any place on the nuCBR that's unsafe, I've more than done my share of "complaining" outside of this thread when "folks" like you come crawling out with the hate and completely untrue comments. As have other Namor fans. As you well know.

to a fish, everything looks like bait. I was just trying to respect the 'Appreciation' nature of the thread. you folks want to complain about something in a safespace. I don't respect it. but i get it.
    When the equivalent to that bait is asking the fish to come on land and fight you, then no.

Besides, it's far from uncommon that the subject of Namor and the SS has spilled outside of our precious "safespace". And to my knowledge, I've not seen a Squadron Supreme #10 spoilers thread either, and even if there is, would you really care for it to turn into a thread about Namor?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

When the equivalent to that bait is asking the fish to come on land and fight you, then no.

Besides, it's far from uncommon that the subject of Namor and the SS has spilled outside of our precious "safespace". And to my knowledge, I've not seen a Squadron Supreme #10 spoilers thread either, and even if there is, would you really care for it to turn into a thread about Namor?
    I started the Squadron Supreme appreciation page (there's a review for issue 10 in it). you have full permission to gripe about whatever you like in it. I'm not good at spoiler threads. If you want to make one, have at it.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-04-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Exactly.

Found this nice quick sketch of Namor from a few years ago on Deodato's tumblr.

http://mikedeodatojr.tumblr.com/post/62656427352/namor

Mighty Member

I started the Squadron Supreme appreciation page (there's a review for issue 10 in it). you have full permission to gripe about whatever you like in it. I'm not good at spoiler threads. If you want to make one, have at it.
    We don't complain to fans on their appreciation threads because it's kind of a shitty thing to do.

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    We don't complain to fans on their appreciation threads because it's kind of a shitty thing to do.

Think about it.
    because you weren't observant enough to notice, let me make things clear. I was the one who pointed out that this wasn't the place to discuss this. I invited the people in this thread to either start a separate thread to discuss the matter or do so in the Squadron Appreciation thread that I started; if they felt like it. if you read the first post in the Squadron appreciation thread, I specifically ask people for their opinion(s) on the Namor beheading. what's "shitty" is you taking a swing at me from the safety of your echo chamber. you could have private messaged me. I had no intention of posting again in this thread.

Mighty Member

because you weren't observant enough to notice, let me make things clear. I was the one who pointed out that this wasn't the place to discuss this. I invited the people in this thread to either start a separate thread to discuss the matter or do so in the Squadron Appreciation thread that I started; if they felt like it. if you read the first post in the Squadron appreciation thread, I specifically ask people for their opinion(s) on the Namor beheading. what's "shitty" is you taking a swing at me from the safety of your echo chamber. you could have private messaged me. I had no intention of posting again in this thread.
    It's not your place to tell anyone where to discuss anything. If we want to talk about Namor's treatment in a book here, there's nothing to keep us from doing so. Please get off your high horse. The last sentence is the best news I've heard all day.

Think about it.
    It's not your place to tell anyone where to discuss anything. If we want to talk about Namor's treatment in a book here, there's nothing to keep us from doing so. Please get off your high horse. The last sentence is the best news I've heard all day.
    Way too late for me to respond to other posts, but I agree 200%.

I had a thought about Blue Marvel's lack of reaction, but I'll have to re-read, and as I said, it's too late.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-05-2016 at 01:02 AM.

by Michael Jason Paz
    http://mjasonp.blogspot.com/2014/04/namor-no-more.html

Kind of an odd pose for Namor, but there's something I like about it. Perhaps it is all the cross hatching. And the jellyfish. Jellyfish are such a cool visual.