Page 504 of 631 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    There's a funny story behind Maleev's Namor. Apparently, he purposely made him look like this to resemble Bendis.

His original Namor looked like this.

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 8.55.02 AM.jpg
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    There's a funny story behind Maleev's Namor. Apparently, he purposely made him look like this to resemble Bendis.

His original Namor looked like this.

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 8.55.02 AM.jpg
    I'd heard some speculation about that ... I'd also heard the script called for Namor to look tired or harried -- but regardless, even the haters said that was the worst depiction of Namor ever.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

An ancient (2007) picture from the recently signed Marvel exclusive Aaron Kuder ...

http://aaronkuder.deviantart.com/art...riner-65326979
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    An ancient (2007) picture from the recently signed Marvel exclusive Aaron Kuder ...

http://aaronkuder.deviantart.com/art...riner-65326979
    Great find! Love Kuder and loved his Superman, was fortunate enough to meet him beginning of this year at a Con wearing my self made Imperious Rex! t- shirt, a super nice, super cool humble guy.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Great find! Love Kuder and loved his Superman, was fortunate enough to meet him beginning of this year at a Con wearing my self made Imperious Rex! t- shirt, a super nice, super cool humble guy.
    Awesome! That's always great when you meet creators and they are approachable and cool. I haven't read of his any of his books, but I liked what I saw of his new X-Men art. I stumbled on this piece by accident, looking for something else.

I found this image kind of cool, but amusing, since it was used on an article that stated, "Namor in the MCU: Everything You Need to Know." Yet they didn't know that middle image is NOT Namor. LOL!

https://grizzlybomb.com/2016/06/08/n...-need-to-know/

Amazing Member

Lmao that is pretty hilarious, but that guy from the inhumans whose name I can't remember does strike a great resemblance to Namor nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by lameco View Post
    Lmao that is pretty hilarious, but that guy from the inhumans whose name I can't remember does strike a great resemblance to Namor nonetheless.
    I don't know his name, either -- he was on that Young Inhumans book -- and yes, he does look a little like Namor, cause he's a dark haired shirtless guy. Of course, he doesn't have Namor's amazing eyebrows or ankle wings ... or winning personality. ;p

I need to send this to Feige ... and Alonso. ;p

https://www.instagram.com/davo_77/

I'm not sure what I enjoy more about this piece, Namor's MC Hammer pants, or that he's frowning so, while he dances to Hammer Time.

http://joevahkiin.deviantart.com/art/Namor-613511676

As soon as I saw the title and the movie pic, I was wondering how they were going to rob Namor THIS time, and ignore Michael Phelps, the biggest Olympian, and obvious Namor analog. Sadly, I was proved right, but triply so.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...world-avengers

Of course, then I looked at the author ... I've usually disliked Brett White's articles here for CBR, and this one proves to be no different.

I'm surprised they included Namor at all, though I do get how he relates more to Phelps than Ledecky as far as personality goes. Still, it's something.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 08-10-2016 at 06:34 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

As soon as I saw the title and the movie pic, I was wondering how they were going to rob Namor THIS time, and ignore Michael Phelps, the biggest Olympian, and obvious Namor analog. Sadly, I was proved right, but triply so.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...world-avengers

Of course, then I looked at the author ... I've usually disliked Brett White's articles here for CBR, and this one proves to be no different.
    Yes, Phelps would have been a better match. Plus with all the good Namor graphics available that was a very lame one with the goatee, wasn't that an alternate universe Namor anyways?
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I'm surprised they included Namor at all, though I do get how he relates more to Phelps than Ledecky as far as personality goes. Still, it's something.
    Sadly, I was surprised to0. Marvel has really dropped the ball with Namor after New Avengers / Secret Wars. But hey, pushing Slapstick, Solo, and Foolkiller, is clearly a higher priority than Namor and any ocean character. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Yes, Phelps would have been a better match. Plus with all the good Namor graphics available that was a very lame one with the goatee, wasn't that an alternate universe Namor anyways?
    Exactly! That was Fail One. Picking an alternate universe, What If? Namor with a totally unrepresentative goatee! And to add insult to injury, NOT going with the iconic speedo, like this twitter person.

#ImperiusPhelps

https://twitter.com/attila71/status/763196412246958080

Mighty Member

Sadly, I was surprised to0. Marvel has really dropped the ball with Namor after New Avengers / Secret Wars. But hey, pushing Slapstick, Solo, and Foolkiller, is clearly a higher priority than Namor and any ocean character. /sarcasm

Exactly! That was Fail One. Picking an alternate universe, What If? Namor with a totally unrepresentative goatee! And to add insult to injury, NOT going with the iconic speedo, like this twitter person.

#ImperiusPhelps

https://twitter.com/attila71/status/763196412246958080
    That's totally awesome!!! lol