Page 505 of 631 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    That's totally awesome!!! lol
    I have to agree.

I need to find my twitter account and retweet that to MARVEL.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

If you have a PS4, and love the ocean environment of Namor's world, you might want to pick up this new game called ABZU. I don't even own a PS4, but if the whole game looks like this, I've got to find one to play it on.

A review from Bleeding Cool.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...ea-what-i-sea/

Before you dive in here though, there is a certain mindset you should probably be in to get the most out of ABZÛ. If you need a goal orientated game, or feel like you need to be hitting progression for forward momentum, ABZÛ is sure to grate. If you like to explore, and can have gratification by just living and exploring inside of a beautiful ecosystem, then you will get the most out of what the title has to offer.

The core of Giant Squid’s outing is one of curiosity. You play as a faceless diver, exploring a dense and rich ocean. There is a story for you to push through, but it is not the core of the title. At said core, you are expected to look around and just play with the detailed marine ecosystems you uncover. While the game could be rushed through in under an hour, it encourages you to take this journey a little more leisurely, pushing it more to a three hour dip. I truly believe that is where the game sings too. Some of the ‘rooms’ you find yourself in have thousands of fish, and I could spend 25 minutes or so just existing with all the wildlife. From the tiniest anchovies to Blue Whales, the level of detail here can be really staggering. Seeing fish feed on other fish, reacting to your presence and gawking at it all working en masse is quite beautiful. This is all supported by controls that are actually quite excellent, making you feel like you are diving underwater, while still being responsive and intuitive.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    If you have a PS4, and love the ocean environment of Namor's world, you might want to pick up this new game called ABZU. I don't even own a PS4, but if the whole game looks like this, I've got to find one to play it on.

A review from Bleeding Cool.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...ea-what-i-sea/

Looks pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Looks pretty awesome.
    I thought so too! Someday, when I have some free time, I'm going to go hunting for gameplay videos on youtube. Of course, if I give up reading comic articles / news, since they now just make me annoyed, I'd have a lot more free time to do so.

Amazing Member

Too bad that game is not on pc.. Reminds that I haven't had time to play subnautica even though i was obessed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    In regards to Black Bolt's betrayal of Namor during New Avengers, I don't think anyone outside of Black Panther, Namor and Black Bolt even knew about it, so I wouldn't have expected Toro would be like "wtf bro" at any point. That's if it wasn't even retconned.
    Man that one caught me off guard. I was like WTF? When did BB start backing Panther's plays like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lameco View Post
    Lmao that is pretty hilarious, but that guy from the inhumans whose name I can't remember does strike a great resemblance to Namor nonetheless.
    Also isn't that guy supposed to be Asian?

p.s. Did you get your handle from Guro Sulite's martial art? Largo-Medio-Corto right? If so I'm a Pekiti Tirsia Kali man myself.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Also isn't that guy supposed to be Asian?
    Got no idea. I haven't read much of anything to do with the inhumans.

p.s. Did you get your handle from Guro Sulite's martial art? Largo-Medio-Corto right? If so I'm a Pekiti Tirsia Kali man myself.
    No, just a coincidence. I actually thought it up randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Man that one caught me off guard. I was like WTF? When did BB start backing Panther's plays like that.
    Don't think we'll be getting an explanation anytime soon. Felt like Hickman had much more of the Namor/BP story to tell but was rushed. Felt painfully obvious as soon as the "8 months later" stuff started.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Does Namor have any other children besides the one rebellious son who Namor ended up blowing to smithereens?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Happy Birthday Marie Severin!!!

Marie Severin was taken off THE INCREDIBLE HULK (as TALES TO ASTONISH was now called) in 1968, and given the task of drawing the Submariner.

Tales To Astonish #100 (February 1968)

Sub-Mariner #9 (January 1969)

Splash page (no pun intended) for Sub-Mariner #19 (November 1969).
    Marie drew the whole furshlugginer Marvel Bullpen into the scene.

Above Subby is John Verpoorten (with camera); behind him is Marie herself; to her right, with glasses, is Roy Thomas; below him, Morrie Kuramoto; leaning over Subby is Gary Friedrich; at top, running towards group, is Tony Mortellaro; the bald guy at top right is Larry Lieber (the family surrounding Larry are friends of Marie's); waving to the reader at middle right is Stu Schwartzberg; lower down, in the Hawaiian t-shirt, is Sol Brodsky; beside him with the towel is Mike Esposito; and beside Mike (or behind him, if you will) is Don Heck; grinning at the reader above the credits is Bill Everett; gasping in awe in the striped tank top is Herb Trimpe; above Herb, with the goatee, is Stan Lee (whoever he is); beside Stan is John Romita (with towel); the lady with the bathing cap next to John Verpoorten is Flo Steinberg; behind Flo is Frank Giacoia.

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....marie_severin/
    http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...celebration-2/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Don't think we'll be getting an explanation anytime soon. Felt like Hickman had much more of the Namor/BP story to tell but was rushed. Felt painfully obvious as soon as the "8 months later" stuff started.
    That "8 months later" rubbish was a major cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Does Namor have any other children besides the one rebellious son who Namor ended up blowing to smithereens?
    Kamar was more than rebellious, but yes, AFAIK, he's the only kid of 616 Namor. Can't say I like him being retconned in as a plot device, but at least it trashed Bryne's hybrid theory awfulness.

From today's solicits...

SQUADRON SUPREME #13
    JAMES ROBINSON (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A)
    Cover by ALEX GARNER
    VARIANT COVER BY ALEX SANCHEZ
    "NAMOR HAS RISEN" STARTS NOW!
    The Squadron stands fractured and splintered. Blur and Thundra are in custody, awaiting rescue that may never come. Hyperion and Doctor Spectrum are lost in the time stream. They have the power to change things -- to fix them. They have the power to resurrect Namor. Will they? Plus -- Nighthawk declares war on S.H.I.E.L.D.?! Things are not looking great for the Squadron Supreme...
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
    About damn time!

And it it looks like folks were correct, it is going to be time travel.

I'm a bit disappointed with the covers -- I wish we had gotten some thing properly epic. Though I'm stunned we actually got a Namor variant cover. That said, I've no idea what it is going on in this cover. O_O

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    From today's solicits...

About damn time!

And it it looks like folks were correct, it is going to be time travel.

I'm a bit disappointed with the covers -- I wish we had gotten some thing properly epic. Though I'm stunned we actually got a Namor variant cover. That said, I've no idea what it is going on in this cover. O_O

Woha!! That first cover looks like a decomposing Namor's corpse. I'm guessing some Atlantean patched it together as a "monument" or idol. Plus Namor's nose looks a bit swollen.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Mighty Member

It looks like a Marvel Zombie version of Namor. Has he been in any of those?