Page 506 of 631 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Woha!! That first cover looks like a decomposing Namor's corpse. I'm guessing some Atlantean patched it together as a "monument" or idol. Plus Namor's nose looks a bit swollen.

That's an interesting idea ... if a bit macabre. I have been wondering what the heck the Atlanteans have been doing.

I like the ankle wings ... and I'm wondering if the glow is just artistic license or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    It looks like a Marvel Zombie version of Namor. Has he been in any of those?
    Yes, but not as a major character.

Boy, I'm going to be really pissed if we get Zombie Namor as a resurrected Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That variant cover definitely seems like a zombie Namor, but I think it's just meant to imply Namor's coming back to life. I really hope we don't get a zombie Namor lol

Judging by the solicit, it seems like the Squadron Supreme are the ones who bring him back, possibly to prevent giving him a reason to join Warrior Woman and take over the world.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Judging by the solicit, it seems like the Squadron Supreme are the ones who bring him back, possibly to prevent giving him a reason to join Warrior Woman and take over the world.
    that should prove interesting if true. 'hey, we killed you. but we brought you back so its cool...right?'

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That variant cover definitely seems like a zombie Namor, but I think it's just meant to imply Namor's coming back to life.

I guess. But it seems like a more decrepit, half-a$$ed return for a Prince of the Blood. I mean, you didn't see Aragorn show back up to claim his throne wearing his dirty Ranger gear, covered with leprosy. After the horrible way Robinson and Kirk treated Namor in the first issue, bringing Namor back should look much, much, much more TRIUMPHANT and AWESOME -- more in the vein of these.

Heck even this 90s version has more a positive vibe.

I really hope we don't get a zombie Namor lol
    Seriously. Absolute last thing I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    that should prove interesting if true. 'hey, we killed you. but we brought you back so its cool...right?'
    Yeah, I have to say, it would be incredibly weak plotting if Namor forgives all that and does anything for the SS. Especially considering the attempted genocide of Atlanteans -- which I don't see how that is going to be addressed with time travel at all.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I don't think they're going to do the Zombie thing since that's been played out. Crossing my fingers that this some how branches off into a actual Namor comic and hey, since we're bringing him back, surprise us and bring back the rest of his cast as well at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Thing is, if they're using time travel to do it, there may be nothing to be cool about if they prevent what they did to Atlantis from ever happening. Namor would be none the wiser unless someone tells him.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

The reason I don't think this cover is a zombie is that zombies are always slowly moving, wandering. this reads immediately as a corpse to me because of all the moss and algae that is growing around him. Also he is positioned as a statue, sitting in a very regal way, seemed to me done out of respect and love, almost veneration. Eyes are also positioned as if looking ahead but in a very vacant gaze. Hence my believe this is the work of some Atlanteans. Very morbid but very effective piece.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

There should be a new outfit, some expanded powers (exerting sea-life control, sea-animal mimicry), and a new outlook on the world from Sub-Mariner when he comes back.
    There's no excuse to rely on the same old circa 1964 rampages and the like.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There should be a new outfit, some expanded powers (exerting sea-life control, sea-animal mimicry), and a new outlook on the world from Sub-Mariner when he comes back.
    Not if he's coming back via time-travel shenanigans.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Agreed. Especially with the bold.

I always liked that Namor had the power to mimic animal abilities like generating electricity like an eel or even enlarging like a puffer fish.

Yes, I said it. I think its cool that Namor can swell like a puffer fish. Oh please! Don't even give me that look!

I also like his sonar/radar abilities as well.

The older comics stated that Namor had the abilities of all undersea life. I think that would be interesting to explore further.
    Last edited by nj06; 08-25-2016 at 09:15 AM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

I always liked Namor's rampages.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed. Especially with the bold.

I always liked that Namor had the power to mimic animal abilities like generating electricity like an eel or even enlarging like a puffer fish.

Yes, I said it. I think its cool that Namor can swell like a puffer fish. Oh please! Don't even give me that look!

I also like his sonar/radar abilities as well.

The older comics stated that Namor had the abilities of all undersea life. I think that would be interesting to explore further.
    If I remember right, he uses those powers very sparingly.

Though I'd be hard-pressed to not want to see him swell up like a puffer fish again.

I've always wanted to see how he adapts to deep sea conditions, where the water is just darkness.

Would also be interesting to explore Atlantean biology. We never really got a clear definition of what average Atlanteans are capable of, at least not in modern Marvel.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 08-25-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Upcoming Reading:

If I remember right, he uses those powers very sparingly.

Though I'd be hard-pressed to not want to see him swell up like a puffer fish again.

I've always wanted to see how he adapts to deep sea conditions, where the water is just darkness.

Would also be interesting to explore Atlantean biology. We never really got a clear definition of what average Atlanteans are capable of, at least not in modern Marvel.
    That would be very interesting. I also want to know more about Atlantean biology in regards to their physical capabilities. Also, I would like a more in depth look at their technology, especially in regards to combat/war. I'm tired of seeing them always carry spears and other bladed weapons. Don't they have any long range weaponry like guns, canons, missiles, etc.?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

I hate when powers get added to old established characters, its as if they think that the extra powers will add some special interest to the characters and make it all shiny and new. Nothing can save a character from bad storytelling, good characters don't need a new sparkling costume or power revisions, they just need a good creative team that understands what makes the character work and can come up with an interesting angle on a familiar face.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That would be very interesting. I also want to know more about Atlantean biology in regards to their physical capabilities. Also, I would like a more in depth look at their technology, especially in regards to combat/war. I'm tired of seeing them always carry spears and other bladed weapons. Don't they have any long range weaponry like guns, canons, missiles, etc.?
    Right! In one of the Secret Wars books, we saw canons mounted on whales. That kind of stuff is awesome! I swear Marvel's made it seem like Atlanteans have regressed as far as their technological advancements are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I hate when powers get added to old established characters, its as if they think that the extra powers will add some special interest to the characters and make it all shiny and new. Nothing can save a character from bad storytelling, good characters don't need a new sparkling costume or power revisions, they just need a good creative team that understands what makes the character work and can come up with an interesting angle on a familiar face.
    I don't like it either, but I do like it when writers utilize already existing powers in interesting ways.

Upcoming Reading: