Page 511 of 631 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

How I feel about Namor's return AND Marvel giving him a good solo book.

Happy Halloween!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Look at the bright side, until then we have Namor representing North Carolina on one of Marvel's variants for USAvengers

for some reason

but I'll take it

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 10.24.17 AM.jpg

Happy Halloween!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I just saw that! I'm stunned they gave him any coverage at all, but North Carolina????

This is from the article:

The choices though are far from random. Extensive research was done through Marvel's history to match a particular Avenger with their state.

"Beginning with places of birth, and expanding outward to key stories featuring the character in that particular location, we were able to hone in on a specific and unique Avengers character with a connection to each of the Fifty States-and more," said Tom Brevoort, SVP/Executive Editor with Marvel.
    Any guess on what the connection is?

I would have given him Massachusetts, since isn't his dad from there?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Amazing Member

I have no idea, except for the connection between NC, the outer banks and the ocean... what's the latitude of Atlantis in Marvel? maybe that's it?

Amazing Member

Also, was reading about Varnae, first lord of the vampires in Marvel, and an Atlantean. Is it possible that these two have really never come into contact, even in that First Mutant storyline with vampires?

Quote Originally Posted by remy leheaux View Post
    I have no idea, except for the connection between NC, the outer banks and the ocean... what's the latitude of Atlantis in Marvel? maybe that's it?
    That must be it because it otherwise seems completely random.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Is the next issue of squadron out today?
    here's to another issue of an arc with his name on it but he's not on it
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

All-New Member

Hello I wanted to introduce myself!! I am a relatively new Namor fan but my passion is super strong. I work at Hot Topic and I was causally flipping through a civil war graphic novel and I saw this glorious creature. He seemed soo very arrogant and haughty which are the triats I love most in characters. I had to know more. I went home and looked up all the info I could and I was hooked. I have since bought every single graphic novel and comic I can featuring him. I am totally obsessed. I work at hot topic and ask random customers all the time who would win in a fight Namor or aqua Man. Of course if they say aquaman Or Aquasham as I like to call him I will totally school the bejeepers outta them with all the facts I can muster as to why they are WRONG! and if they are smart and know that Namor would pulverize that boring blonde brute than I can agree and bask in the fact that there are some people who have have half a brain. Working at Hot Topic is both a blessing and a curse. Its so sad to see how much attention so many other super heros get where Namor is ignored. Just today they released some Funkos of New X Men and of course namor was not included. Sigh!! One day!! One day he will have a POP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilana View Post
    Hello I wanted to introduce myself!! I am a relatively new Namor fan but my passion is super strong. I work at Hot Topic and I was causally flipping through a civil war graphic novel and I saw this glorious creature. He seemed soo very arrogant and haughty which are the triats I love most in characters. I had to know more. I went home and looked up all the info I could and I was hooked. I have since bought every single graphic novel and comic I can featuring him. I am totally obsessed. I work at hot topic and ask random customers all the time who would win in a fight Namor or aqua Man. Of course if they say aquaman Or Aquasham as I like to call him I will totally school the bejeepers outta them with all the facts I can muster as to why they are WRONG! and if they are smart and know that Namor would pulverize that boring blonde brute than I can agree and bask in the fact that there are some people who have have half a brain. Working at Hot Topic is both a blessing and a curse. Its so sad to see how much attention so many other super heros get where Namor is ignored. Just today they released some Funkos of New X Men and of course namor was not included. Sigh!! One day!! One day he will have a POP!!!
    Always great to see new Namor fans! Welcome to the fold.

Unfortunately, because he's not a Marvel A-lister or has a movie in the works, the merch for him is pretty scarce. You said you bought a bunch of trades of Namor, which one is your favourite so far?

Upcoming Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Is the next issue of squadron out today?
    here's to another issue of an arc with his name on it but he's not on it
    I don't think so. Maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ilana View Post
    Welcome!! Always nice to see new Namor fans. And agree Marvel isn't giving us enough of Namor. ☹️

Welcome Ilana !
    Unfortunately we don't have enough new material to get a conversation on namor going on here.
    Not being in the MCU and other factors put him way below marvel's totem pole.

The absence of the Fantastic Four could've lead to a 52 type story for Marvel but we're given a rehash of an old event and more hero vs hero ones!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Welcome Ilana !
    Unfortunately we don't have enough new material to get a conversation on namor going on here.
    Not being in the MCU and other factors put him way below marvel's totem pole.

The absence of the Fantastic Four could've lead to a 52 type story for Marvel but we're given a rehash of an old event and more hero vs hero ones!
    We have managed to keep some conversations going, despite Marvel's abuse of His Highness. Unfortunately, I've been busy / distracted to post like I used to. Plus, Marvel has succeeded in making me disinterested in most of books, and their universe.

But yes, who would have thought that Jeff Mace, The Patriot would have made into the MCU before Namor? Unbelievable.

Oh, I finally saw Batman vs Superman, and the Aquaman appearance. Marvel should be kicking themselves. Though it does show exactly why Namor's hair style is perfect for an underwater being.

There's lots Marvel COULD do with a Namor book, but it would require a good creative team that appreciates Namor. I think it would best if they actually concentrated on Namor at first, rather than trying to make him part of some big event.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, I finally saw Batman vs Superman, and the Aquaman appearance. Marvel should be kicking themselves. Though it does show exactly why Namor's hair style is perfect for an underwater being.
    It's interesting to think how Marvel will approach Namor, if at all, following what DC's doing with Aquaman. I feel like they'd be forced to do something very different, so 90s Savage Namor is out of the question. I think they'll likely try to live up to mid 2000s - modern Namor if anything. I hate to say it, but it really depends what DC does, and that kind of sucks. They may have to push the antagonist angle at first just to differentiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    There's lots Marvel COULD do with a Namor book, but it would require a good creative team that appreciates Namor. I think it would best if they actually concentrated on Namor at first, rather than trying to make him part of some big event.
    They likely can't top his role in Secret Wars. Like we mentioned before, his "death" in Squadron Supreme pretty much stalled any momentum he had.

Upcoming Reading:

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    They likely can't top his role in Secret Wars. Like we mentioned before, his "death" in Squadron Supreme pretty much stalled any momentum he had.
    His role in Secret Wars was minimal. He basically was around to quip at T'challa. But I agree, he did have a larger role in the years leading up to Secret Wars, with personal consequences and Atlantean ramifications, that should have been addressed immediately after the Secret Wars reboot.

Again, we only have to look at Aquaman to see how Namor could have THE major role in events. And that's not even going with the environmental angle.

Oops, got to go.

All-New Member

well I have read as much as I can get my hands on. Even single issues as well but out of the Graphic novels I really loved , Defenders: indefensible. It was really hilariously written. The banter between Namor and Bruce was golden. I loved when he called Namor the " little Mermaid" but I really also loved Sub Mariner Revolution. It was soo bad ass for him to cut off Venom's tongue in exchange for him clipping his wings!! For me I am not the biggest fan of superhero comics because I am not a fan of the writing. That may sound odd given that I am a comic book fan ( tank girl, Sandman, to name some of my faves) so while I have read comics all my life it hasn't been super hero comics ( except Batman animated series back in the 90s) The whole Marvel universe is so vast it is kind of overwhelming to jump into. I am really only interested in Namor and Namor alone. So I would only read a comic he is featured in even if only briefly.