Page 512 of 631 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by ilana View Post
    well I have read as much as I can get my hands on. Even single issues as well but out of the Graphic novels I really loved , Defenders: indefensible. It was really hilariously written. The banter between Namor and Bruce was golden. I loved when he called Namor the " little Mermaid" but I really also loved Sub Mariner Revolution. It was soo bad ass for him to cut off Venom's tongue in exchange for him clipping his wings!! For me I am not the biggest fan of superhero comics because I am not a fan of the writing. That may sound odd given that I am a comic book fan ( tank girl, Sandman, to name some of my faves) so while I have read comics all my life it hasn't been super hero comics ( except Batman animated series back in the 90s) The whole Marvel universe is so vast it is kind of overwhelming to jump into. I am really only interested in Namor and Namor alone. So I would only read a comic he is featured in even if only briefly.
    That's understandable. I'm currently pushing away from the superhero genre in general and getting more into science fiction comics. Sandman's one I always wanted to try.

There's just something about Namor I enjoy reading. Alongside the personality, I enjoy the fact he's a bit of a fringe character, yet is connected to pretty much everything throughout the Marvel universe.

And yes! Sub-Mariner Revolution was awesome. I only recently got my hands on the individual issues.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

well I have read as much as I can get my hands on. Even single issues as well but out of the Graphic novels I really loved , Defenders: indefensible. It was really hilariously written. The banter between Namor and Bruce was golden. I loved when he called Namor the " little Mermaid" but I really also loved Sub Mariner Revolution. It was soo bad ass for him to cut off Venom's tongue in exchange for him clipping his wings!! For me I am not the biggest fan of superhero comics because I am not a fan of the writing. That may sound odd given that I am a comic book fan ( tank girl, Sandman, to name some of my faves) so while I have read comics all my life it hasn't been super hero comics ( except Batman animated series back in the 90s) The whole Marvel universe is so vast it is kind of overwhelming to jump into. I am really only interested in Namor and Namor alone. So I would only read a comic he is featured in even if only briefly.
    Of course! Namor is the Most Interesting Man in the Marvel Universe!

Though seriously, your interest makes sense, as Namor isn't strictly a superhero, though he certainly has been written that way. As others have mentioned before, he can fit many different genres and has done so. When Stan Lee wrote him in his first Silver Age solo, he made him more of a fantasy character than a superhero. I probably enjoy that sort of Namor tale the best.

I really enjoyed Defenders Indefensible, also, though Namor, and everyone else, was a bit over the top in that mini-series. IIRC, it's the team that gave us the JLI, and Maguire is awesome. Supposedly, they were going to do another Defenders mini-series, but it never happened.

Also enjoyed Sub-Mariner Revolution, though I disagreed that Namor would treat his people and especially Kamar that way. There's definitely been an evolution of the character over his decades of existence. His treatment of Venom, of course, was spot on. LOL!

There's not enough of him in the Illuminati mini-series, but he steals every scene he is in and is very entertaining. His comments in the issue about the ladies was spot on, also.

Have you read the Saga of Sub-Mariner? It was released in trade recently along with the Original Torch Saga. I think it's the best 'biography,' or more precisely, autobiography of Namor. It's a bit more wordy than a modern comic (it came out early 90s), but it's by Roy Thomas, so they are pretty nice words.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That's understandable. I'm currently pushing away from the superhero genre in general and getting more into science fiction comics. Sandman's one I always wanted to try.

There's just something about Namor I enjoy reading. Alongside the personality, I enjoy the fact he's a bit of a fringe character, yet is connected to pretty much everything throughout the Marvel universe.

And yes! Sub-Mariner Revolution was awesome. I only recently got my hands on the individual issues.
    Especially the bolded! Namor really is a good way to ease into the Marvel Universe. I don't think Namor, or Everett, get the recognition they deserve for being so influential.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Especially the bolded! Namor really is a good way to ease into the Marvel Universe. I don't think Namor, or Everett, get the recognition they deserve for being so influential.
    Reminds me of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, where you can connect any actor in Hollywood to Kevin Bacon in six steps. I'm pretty sure we can do that with Namor in 4
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Reminds me of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, where you can connect any actor in Hollywood to Kevin Bacon in six steps. I'm pretty sure we can do that with Namor in 4
    Yes! A friend used to say the same sort of thing. IIRC, other than Wolverine and Storm, Namor is the only character to have been on the major Marvel teams -- X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four -- though they were barely in FF, and Storm was barely in the Avengers. And then there's the Defenders, Invaders, and the Illuminati.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

A NC TV station explains why Namor is their state's Avenger ...

The choices though are far from random. Extensive research was done through Marvel's history to match a particular Avenger with their state.

Namor, like most of us in North Carolina, possesses superhuman agility, reflexes, and speed, with a maximum swimming speed of roughly sixty miles per hour.

"Beginning with places of birth, and expanding outward to key stories featuring the character in that particular location, we were able to hone in on a specific and unique Avengers character with a connection to each of the Fifty States-and more," said Tom Brevoort, SVP/Executive Editor with Marvel.
    http://abc11.com/entertainment/marve...enger/1575653/

LOL! Maybe I should visit NC ...

Found these panels in a folder and thought I'd share

Diplomacy1.jpgDiplomacy2.jpg

Upcoming Reading:

All-New Member

Have you read the Saga of Sub-Mariner? It was released in trade recently along with the Original Torch Saga. I think it's the best 'biography,' or more precisely, autobiography of Namor. It's a bit more wordy than a modern comic (it came out early 90s), but it's by Roy Thomas, so they are pretty nice words.

Yes ! I did read that.I think it was one of the first graphic novels I picked up featuring him. I can only think of a couple of novels I didnt like. One of which was the Depths. Which I though really sucked because of the bait and switch quality of it. I know alot of people like it but it barley featured Namor!

A NC TV station explains why Namor is their state's Avenger ...

"Namor, like most of us in North Carolina, possesses superhuman agility, reflexes, and speed, with a maximum swimming speed of roughly sixty miles per hour."

http://abc11.com/entertainment/marve...enger/1575653/

LOL! Maybe I should visit NC ...
    I'm from NC (Raleigh)...so where's my superhuman agility, reflexes, and speed?!

They must be very, VERY late in developing...
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Found these panels in a folder and thought I'd share

Diplomacy1.jpgDiplomacy2.jpg
    Great panels!

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    I'm from NC (Raleigh)...so where's my superhuman agility, reflexes, and speed?!

They must be very, VERY late in developing...
    LOL! Secondary mutations? ;p

On another note, has anyone seen a readable preview of SS 13? I can't get larger images for the previews on the new CBR site.

Yes ! I did read that.I think it was one of the first graphic novels I picked up featuring him. I can only think of a couple of novels I didnt like. One of which was the Depths. Which I though really sucked because of the bait and switch quality of it. I know alot of people like it but it barley featured Namor!
    I had the same complaint while I was waiting for each issue of The Depths to come out. WHEN was Namor going to show up in a book named after him? Eventually, I grew to enjoy the story, for what it was, but it's not something I recommend to anyone wanting to actually read about Namor.

Glad you enjoyed the Saga of Sub-Mariner. It's one of my favorites. I'm trying to think of some other trades that are out with our sea prince in it...

This guy might have found the answer to Namor's North Carolina cover Avenger, with his last sentence.

NC is one of the nation’s first states, and Namor was one of Marvel’s earliest characters; he actually debuted in a Timely Comics publication, the predecessor to Marvel Comics. And NC’s got a thriving coast (and part of America’s Graveyard of the Atlantic), so there’s the aquatic connection. And Namor can fly – one of Marvel’s first fliers – which pairs well with NC’s “first in flight” thing.
    http://dr-archeville.tumblr.com/post...as-own-avenger

That makes plenty of sense now
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Yes, but I think that I preferred the secondary mutation theory. So sad that Maven has nothing more to expect now !

Anyway I guess that everybody is ready for tomorrow's Squadron Supreme... Let's see how Robinson's plan will work...

Last edited by Abe; 11-15-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Still haven't made it to the LCBS for SS, but I finally got THIS!!! He looks awesome!

And yes, I bought two, so I could take him out of the package.
    At last !!!

I hope that you'll have fun with him/it (?) and even post a few funny nice pics one day, Reviresco !

All-New Member

SOOOOO ready!!!!!!