Page 517 of 631 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Has Namor been an Avenger?

If so, he should definitely be on the list. He beat Luke Cage and She-Hulk like rag dolls.

Of course! For almost 50 issues! Remember Herc giving Namor "the Gift"?

To the death of Marrina.

To Olympia

And he's certainly beaten Iron Man. He's even beaten the Hulk a couple of times. I don't recall half of those characters taking on Hulk, Hercules, and Thor -- as well as Sentry.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm having the worst time reading the new solicits on this site, but I didn't see anything with Namor in them. There was something in one of the old Iron Fist reprints from a Namor annual, but I don't really recall that story. Of course, I do remember the Bryne issues where Namor was part of bringing Iron Fist back to life in his own book -- but that's not part of the collection.

We do get the Joe Jusko corner box art on a variant cover, though!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Of course! For almost 50 issues! Remember Herc giving Namor "the Gift"?

Did that issue flout the Comics Code? No stamp on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did that issue flout the Comics Code? No stamp on the cover.
    Interesting ... after a little digging, I believe the reason this issue doesn't have the stamp is that it is a Direct Market edition (hence Cap's head in the bottom left corner, instead of an UPC code), and the DM editions didn't have to have bother with the stamp. Apparently, it was out of their jurisdiction, so to speak.

BANNED

So when is he returning? I'm still mad that he was killed by a bunch of nobodies to prop up their silly book

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So when is he returning? I'm still mad that he was killed by a bunch of nobodies to prop up their silly book
    He's already been revived, although it was rather in the most uninteresting way. :/ It really wasn't worth killing him and the squadreon supreme book is pretty weak anyways.

Hyperion killed him. Hyperion is not a nobody.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He is a nobody, his series lasted 6 issues, Nighthawk was also cancelled and from the February solicits it looks like Squadron Supreme is cancelled too.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    He is a nobody, his series lasted 6 issues, Nighthawk was also cancelled and from the February solicits it looks like Squadron Supreme is cancelled too.
    are you sure that you want to set that as the bar for a character's worth? and who mentioned Nighthawk?

I want you to really consider how often Marc Milton or a variation of Marc appears in the Marvel Universe. the first volume of MAX Supreme Power was Hyperion-centric. he was used as an antagonist in Exiles and two runs of the Thunderbolts. he was very recently made an Avenger and had several Hyperion-centric Avengers story. it was him and Thor who kept planets from colliding; while other people ran around begging for help. he was the focal point of the Squadron Sinister story that came out afterwards. Alex Ross has painted him. it's fine to be sad over him defeating Namor. but you can't call him a nobody and be taken seriously.

In the decades long history of the MU, and compared to Namor, yes, he's practically a nobody. Worse, he's a DC knock off that Marvel writers either use to poke at DC or use because they really want to write DC's Superman.

I want you to really consider how often Marc Milton or a variation of Marc appears in the Marvel Universe. the first volume of MAX Supreme Power was Hyperion-centric. he was used as an antagonist in Exiles and two runs of the Thunderbolts. he was very recently made an Avenger and had several Hyperion-centric Avengers story. it was him and Thor who kept planets from colliding; while other people ran around begging for help. he was the focal point of the Squadron Sinister story that came out afterwards. Alex Ross has painted him. it's fine to be sad over him defeating Namor. but you can't call him a nobody and be taken seriously.
    Sez you. And that's just your opinion, not a fact. As far as I'm concerned, in the NAMOR APPRECIATION thread, I'm going to give alot more weight to NAMOR FANS voicing their opinions, and address them seriously, as opposed to a SS / Hyperion fan who doesn't seem to understand what an APPRECIATION thread is for.

Well, his spirit / ghost returned this issue. As for physically ... I'm guessing next issue, though Robinson could drag it out another issue.

All we have is the image from next issue's cover, where some Atlantean women are sewing Namor's head back on ... But how THAT happens, may or may not be addressed. Likewise the restoration of Atlantis -- cause all the solicits talk about is the SS squabbling.

And yes, I agree. It is beyond annoying that Namor was killed for the SS and this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by lameco View Post
    He's already been revived, although it was rather in the most uninteresting way. :/ It really wasn't worth killing him and the squadreon supreme book is pretty weak anyways.
    Yep. As I mentioned before, it really sucks that the Robinson basically gave what should of been Namor's storyline of redemption to the SS ... and he didn't even execute it that well, IMO. I certainly don't buy their change of heart ... or their original mission statement even. It was such a load of hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-23-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Mighty Member

I bet most people would agree that it would be seen as crazy for a Catholic to enter a Mormon church to start trying to convert people to his religion. Ignoring for a moment that this is a Namor appreciation thread and that it is very rude and troll bordering coming to an appreciation thread to try to diminish that which is being appreciated I will answer your post.

Like you say Hyperion has been used as an antagonist, many times and that is how he fits perfectly in the Marvel Universe. The knockoff from the distinguished competition, a truly almost omnipotent adversary that in a friendly way and honoring DC's most powerful, writers portray as almost invincible but at the end of the day, this is Marvel and the hero who should shine is the original hero who belongs to the company, so sure there is no damage when using a character like Hyperion that way but when you start giving that character center stage over the powerhouses that created the company, that I frown upon. At this time it seems Robinson will tie the story in a semi-satisfactory way by reviving Namor and incarcerating Hyperion. And I say semi-satisfactory because I wouldn't mind Hyperion killing Namor in such a savage way if by the end after his resurrection I get a real slugfest where Namor proves his superiority and might. I've always liked Namor but never was my very favorite, he came back into my radar strongly because of this death and the passion that posters in this thread have for the character which fuelled my interest even more.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Well said, Thor-El !

Just passing by to wish a very happy thanksgiving to all my American-Atlantean friends !

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I bet most people would agree that it would be seen as crazy for a Catholic to enter a Mormon church to start trying to convert people to his religion. Ignoring for a moment that this is a Namor appreciation thread and that it is very rude and troll bordering coming to an appreciation thread to try to diminish that which is being appreciated I will answer your post.

Like you say Hyperion has been used as an antagonist, many times and that is how he fits perfectly in the Marvel Universe. The knockoff from the distinguished competition, a truly almost omnipotent adversary that in a friendly way and honoring DC's most powerful, writers portray as almost invincible but at the end of the day, this is Marvel and the hero who should shine is the original hero who belongs to the company, so sure there is no damage when using a character like Hyperion that way but when you start giving that character center stage over the powerhouses that created the company, that I frown upon. At this time it seems Robinson will tie the story in a semi-satisfactory way by reviving Namor and incarcerating Hyperion. And I say semi-satisfactory because I wouldn't mind Hyperion killing Namor in such a savage way if by the end after his resurrection I get a real slugfest where Namor proves his superiority and might. I've always liked Namor but never was my very favorite, he came back into my radar strongly because of this death and the passion that posters in this thread have for the character which fuelled my interest even more.
    I'm just not a fan of bullies. I have not trolled anyone; only defended Hyperion. Throwing punches from your safe place is the height of cowardice but apt for the thread; I suppose. Happy holidays.