Page 52 of 631 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I never actually read Thunderbolts but I did like Kev Walker's art in Arena. Nara was one of my favorite characters just due to potential and I hated her dying. I get why Hopeless did it but still, I wanted her to survive so we can see more of her.

I'm pretty sure Hickman will reference Proxima and Namor's talk in Infinity once they're face to face again. Just seems a given since it's a big plot point in the story.

Another choice besides Rudy would be JHW3. His work on Batwoman was fantastic. But he seems to be doing creator work for now aside from him doing Sandman.
    You must be psychic, Mahes. Namor was #3 on the list of things Rudy want's to draw in his Winter Soldier run! Check it out, down at the bottom of the article.

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclus...winter--206711

Yes! I love JHW3! That would also be a gorgeous book.

Parker's Thunderbolts was a lot of fun. If I can find them, I'll post the Namor pages that Kev Walker did. Him and Satana stole the show.

I loved Nara too! I know characters had to die in Arena, but I wish more had been done with her before her time came. And I wasn't entirely cool with her dying for Aiden. My only other nit is that writers seem to think all Atlanteans have Namor's personality -- though, perhaps that is something to be explored.

Yes, I can't see Hickman NOT referencing what Namor pulled over o, though I guess I'm being far to optimistic to hope it will actually be explored or result in a plot line for Namor.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    You mean this image.

Attachment 5578
    Ouch. I can only hope Namor strikes back. Awesome KW art though.

I hope Walker is on Doctor Strange and I can't wait to see Marco Rudy draw Namor.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Heh. It looks like T'challa is a tad frustrated. :P Much like when Namor punched Cap when they lost the Infinity Gems, but watch how different the reaction is to this.

I just realized. Namor's shaved hair seems to have left him and gone to T'challa. LOL!
    That's a classic fade! We've been debating in the BP thread about how Tchalla cuts his hair in exile as he's likely not allowed furlough, by Shuri, to get a shape up.

As for the punch I think that issue is an Original Sin tie-in and has to do with Namor sending Thanos to Wakanda and putting the bombs in his grasp. Though Black Bolt should get smacked up too for bringing a loose cannon like Maximus around.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-10-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

You must be psychic, Mahes. Namor was #3 on the list of things Rudy want's to draw in his Winter Soldier run! Check it out, down at the bottom of the article.

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclus...winter--206711

Parker's Thunderbolts was a lot of fun. If I can find them, I'll post the Namor pages that Kev Walker did. Him and Satana stole the show.

I loved Nara too! I know characters had to die in Arena, but I wish more had been done with her before her time came. And I wasn't entirely cool with her dying for Aiden. My only other nit is that writers seem to think all Atlanteans have Namor's personality -- though, perhaps that is something to be explored.

Yes, I can't see Hickman NOT referencing what Namor pulled over o, though I guess I'm being far to optimistic to hope it will actually be explored or result in a plot line for Namor.
    Oh wow! Missed that when I skimmed the article, was too thrilled by a new Winter Soldier series. That's awesome! Rudy has good taste.

Well if they can seemingly bring back Namorita then perhaps Nara could be brought back as well. Anything is possible in the MU.

I'm optimistic about how Hickman's end game will work due to FF.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Ouch. I can only hope Namor strikes back. Awesome KW art though.

I hope Walker is on Doctor Strange and I can't wait to see Marco Rudy draw Namor.
    Slash fans / shippers would go wild if Hickman gave Namor the same reaction he had to Sue smacking him. I would LMAO.

Normally, I'd say there would definitely be a tussle, but who knows with Hickman.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Rudy gets a chance to draw Namor. If Kot and Robinson are talking, and it sort of sounds like they are, I can definitely see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    That's a classic fade! We've been debating in the BP thread about how Tchalla cuts his hair in exile as he's likely not allowed furlough, by Shuri, to get a shape up.

As for the punch I think that issue is an Original Sin tie-in and has to do with Namor sending Thanos to Wakanda and putting the bombs in his grasp. Though Black Bolt should get smacked up too for bringing a loose cannon like Maximus around.
    Yeah, Namor didn't have a classic fade, but he certainly had a new shaved hair cut under Schiti's pen, that he didn't have before. And Kev Walker seems to have chosen to change up T'challa's cut also.

All the Illuminati deserved to get smacked, for one reason or another. We'll have to see. My money is still on T'challa being annoyed at what Namor did on the GS planet.

BANNED

Oh wow! Missed that when I skimmed the article, was too thrilled by a new Winter Soldier series. That's awesome! Rudy has good taste.

Well if they can seemingly bring back Namorita then perhaps Nara could be brought back as well. Anything is possible in the MU.

Of course, I agree with this fully -- Rudy has great taste. I'm sorry WS takes Rudy off the table for Dr. Strange and a Namor mini / ongoing, but I'm thrilled we're getting a Winter Soldier book.

Yeah, it's too bad A Undercover didn't run longer. That's definitely where Nara could have shown back up.

I'm desperately clinging to what Hickman has told me about Namor when I've spoken to him at cons. When it's all said and done, I think Namor will be fine. It will be interesting to see how Hickman finishes off his Avengers run, since this will be the first time it's not being hurried to an end by outside circumstances.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Yes, I agree that anything is possible in the MU. Myself, I am hoping that a Lady Dorma will be brought in from an Alternate Universe into the MU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Yes, I agree that anything is possible in the MU. Myself, I am hoping that a Lady Dorma will be brought in from an Alternate Universe into the MU.
    You mean, another Alt-Lady Dorma?

There's also a way to bring 616 Lady Dorma back, quite easily.

Of course, I agree with this fully -- Rudy has great taste. I'm sorry WS takes Rudy off the table for Dr. Strange and a Namor mini / ongoing, but I'm thrilled we're getting a Winter Soldier book.

Yeah, it's too bad A Undercover didn't run longer. That's definitely where Nara could have shown back up.

I'm desperately clinging to what Hickman has told me about Namor when I've spoken to him at cons. When it's all said and done, I think Namor will be fine. It will be interesting to see how Hickman finishes off his Avengers run, since this will be the first time it's not being hurried to an end by outside circumstances.
    Yeah, only handful issues left for Undercover.

I trust in Hickman. Namor will be fine and possibly in big position after this Avenger/New Avenger run is over. Regardless it'll show that he's still a major player in the MU for those that have forgotten. Who knows...he may be vital to success for the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Wasn't there an Alt-Dorma shown in Ultimate FF?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Put me down as a JHW3 fan too, please. Oh, I love what I read of Parker's Thunderbolts, but I never saw Kev's Namor until this NA panel. I Hope Hickman will give Namor a plot line. Seems like Namor and Stephen have been teased throughout the run. So now that Strange got his moment, I hope Namor will too.

Slash fans / shippers would go wild if Hickman gave Namor the same reaction he had to Sue smacking him. I would LMAO.

Normally, I'd say there would definitely be a tussle, but who knows with Hickman.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Rudy gets a chance to draw Namor. If Kot and Robinson are talking, and it sort of sounds like they are, I can definitely see it happening.

Yeah, Namor didn't have a classic fade, but he certainly had a new shaved hair cut under Schiti's pen, that he didn't have before. And Kev Walker seems to have chosen to change up T'challa's cut also.

All the Illuminati deserved to get smacked, for one reason or another. We'll have to see. My money is still on T'challa being annoyed at what Namor did on the GS planet.
    LOL. Typical Namor. I love it. It would be funny as hell if he said something like that to BP only to annoy the hell out of him. Thanks for posting that. He seems to love strong women who give him a hassle doesn't he?
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

You mean, another Alt-Lady Dorma?

There's also a way to bring 616 Lady Dorma back, quite easily.
    Oh reallllllly . . . . do tell

BANNED

Yeah, only handful issues left for Undercover.

I trust in Hickman. Namor will be fine and possibly in big position after this Avenger/New Avenger run is over. Regardless it'll show that he's still a major player in the MU for those that have forgotten. Who knows...he may be vital to success for the heroes.

Wasn't there an Alt-Dorma shown in Ultimate FF?
    No, I think there was an Alt-Namorita or Namora in the first run of Ultimate FF. There was an Alt-Namora in the last two issues of the newest Ultimate FF run. There was an Alt-Dorma in House of M and Heroes Reborn. The Heroes Reborn was the one I posted before -- one of Dr. Doom's generals. She was awesome.

That would be awesome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Put me down as a JHW3 fan too, please. Oh, I love what I read of Parker's Thunderbolts, but I never saw Kev's Namor until this NA panel. I Hope Hickman will give Namor a plot line. Seems like Namor and Stephen have been teased throughout the run. So now that Strange got his moment, I hope Namor will too.

LOL. Typical Namor. I love it. It would be funny as hell if he said something like that to BP only to annoy the hell out of him. Thanks for posting that. He seems to love strong women who give him a hassle doesn't he?
    Yep. That's Namor type of gal to a T! Except Marrina -- which is probably why I find her relationship with Namor odd. NuMarrina might work, but she comes across as too young to me, for some reason.

I wonder what JHW3 is doing now?

I will try to find those scans of Walker's Namor and post them. They were great, even in his long shorts.

Hickman is giving Strange some spotlight last issue, but it's to tear him down also. At some point, he's going to have to start to build these guys back up again, so I'm trying to keep optimistic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Oh reallllllly . . . . do tell
    Weeeel, I was going to do some fanfic with this, but the way I'm going, it might be the next decade before I get to it.

Basically, there would a mystical element (which could generate a few plotlines) and there would be a survivor of this:

Weeeel, I was going to do some fanfic with this, but the way I'm going, it might be the next decade before I get to it.

Basically, there would a mystical element (which could generate a few plotlines) and there would be a survivor of this:

Ah, nifty. Hey, there's nothing to say you can't still do so.

P.S. Just got done reading my comics for the week. I loved Namor's key role in the flashback story from All-New Invaders 7. Now if we can just get some more Namor greatness in the next arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Ah, nifty. Hey, there's nothing to say you can't still do so.

P.S. Just got done reading my comics for the week. I loved Namor's key role in the flashback story from All-New Invaders 7. Now if we can just get some more Namor greatness in the next arc.
    Thanks! Other than Samurai Gardener or the Sloth Monster sitting on me, that is. One day.

Yeah, I loved the art on that issue and some of Jim's commentary on Namor. And of course, Namor took 'the fall' for the Invaders. I bet he did that alot, now that I think about it. I'm really looking forward to the next Invaders' arc. It's going to have Bucky and Namor and Torch looking for Toro! I can't remember if it starts with the WWI Union Jack or not, though.
    Last edited by Rheged; 07-10-2014 at 10:08 PM.