Page 521 of 631 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh good! I am glad I could make you laugh and that you enjoyed it. (And the best part---I believe that is the real translation, too!) Lol.
    Yes! It is the best!

Wonderful! Thank you for adding Val and Thundra (and mentioning it so I know!). I'm excited for this.
    Happy to do so. I hope it lives up to your expectations!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow. That would be a major re-write of Marvel history -- and I would have hated to lose the Wanda / Vision relationship. I'd have to think on Wanda's history ... it certainly would have tied Namor more to the Avengers, than the FF. I think he would have cherished her ... but I'm not sure where their -- conflict would have come from. Of course, much later, it would have come from Magneto. Oh, wait. How could I have forgotten Mr. Over Protective, Quicksilver! LOL!
    it would make for a nice issue of What If?.

Glad to see you back.
    Thanks. Life stuff.

Also, corner box variant in February

Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

WOW!

That is as great a Namor pic as any I have seen! Every detail, including the Trident is spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    it would make for a nice issue of What If?.
    It would ... except those always end tragically.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Thanks. Life stuff.

Also, corner box variant in February

That's just so awesome. And I believe Joe Jusko had prints for sale at cons. I wish he'd sell them online. I'd snap up on ASAP.

WOW!

That is as great a Namor pic as any I have seen! Every detail, including the Trident is spot-on.
    Jusko is amazing ... though he does have the great John Buscema as inspiration.

There haven't been too many painted Namors ... though I think Jusko did another one for a card set.

Jusko is amazing ... though he does have the great John Buscema as inspiration.

Oh duh!

I knew that pose was so familiar, but had forgotten about John's much earlier version, which was also on the early Sub Mariner books as you showed.

Oh duh!

I knew that pose was so familiar, but had forgotten about John's much earlier version, which was also on the early Sub Mariner books as you showed.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if this corner box was from an older, previously used image, or if Big John drew it specifically for the corner box. Of course, it is similar to his iconic Subby #1 cover.

glad to see that cover but i hope Namor's will only be barely involved in IvX!!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    glad to see that cover but i hope Namor's will only be barely involved in IvX!!
    I can't imagine Namor being involved at all, since the X-Office has completely forgotten he's a mutant, and we've zero explanation of why Black Bolt would sudden turn on his long time ally and fellow Atlantean. Has anyone seen anything? I haven't been keeping up with the Inhumans.

I think it was more a matter of that piece being one of the first that Joe Jusko had done, and it was the only issue that didn't have a related corner box that Jusko had already done. If you look at the list of covers, it's pretty much the classic Silver Age heroes.

I am really curious if Marvel will have any announcement about Namor in this latest roll out of 'new' titles.

Mighty Member

I am really curious if Marvel will have any announcement about Namor in this latest roll out of 'new' titles.
    We can always dream right? I want Marvel to start using Namor as Atlantis protector and the hero of his people as well as the allied of the surface world (mostly) like old times instead of the one responsible for genocide in all these 5th stringer characters' worlds. That story is really damaging. At least something we can take from the Squadron Supreme story is he was executed for this so to his haters we can always argue he already paid with his life, too bad for them he was resurrected. lol

Last edited by Thor-El; 12-01-2016 at 04:09 PM.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Yeah, I'm not sure if this corner box was from an older, previously used image, or if Big John drew it specifically for the corner box. Of course, it is similar to his iconic Subby #1 cover.
    It appears to have been created specifially for the corner box. John's first Namor was the premiere issue, S-M #1 and there's no such image in that issue's story. The magnificent corner box image appeared on the cover of the very next issue, S-M#2.

Btw Jusko acknowledges it's an homage; there's an "after Buscema" notation by Namor's foot:

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    It appears to have been created specifially for the corner box. John's first Namor was the premiere issue, S-M #1 and there's no such image in that issue's story. The magnificent corner box image appeared on the cover of the very next issue, S-M#2.

Btw Jusko acknowledges it's an homage; there's an "after Buscema" notation by Namor's foot:

Good catch! Though Jusko certainly added so much detail -- which one can with a painting.

It certainly does look that way. I don't recall that image from a panel from either 1 or 2. Oh, wait. An excuse to read those issues again! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    We can always dream right? I want Marvel to start using Namor as Atlantis protector and the hero of his people as well as the allied of the surface world (mostly) like old times instead of the one responsible for genocide in all these 5th stringer characters' worlds. That story is really damaging. At least something we can take from the Squadron Supreme story is he was executed for this so to his haters we can always argue he already paid with his life, too bad for them he was resurrected. lol

Thanks for posting those great panels, Thor-El! I did enjoy Namor in that Roger Stern run. And it is cool to see the prophecy mentioned again -- though I have to disagree with Cereberus. What he's saying is sort of the opposite of prophecy.

And YES. I'd like to see Namor taking care of Atlantis and making it safe, or even fulfilling that prophecy!

Brian Cronin lists the 15 Strongest X-Men -- and he assigns Namor #4. Of course, I have to disagree with his assessment. ;p But this is a much better list than Charlie Heller's Strongest Avengers list, where he not only left off Namor, but the Thing.

http://www.cbr.com/the-15-strongest-x-men/

I especially disagree with this statement: "Colossus’ current strength level is roughly the same as Namor’s while in water."

If written properly, no one is stronger than Namor in the water.