Page 523 of 631 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm agree. Though, I'm sure I could find something if I went looking. He did take on Red Hulk, as Juggerlos in AvX, but I think he lost that fight.
    Oh yeah, as Colossusnaut, he did some impressive things

but as straight colossus, nothing jumps to mind at all
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think, despite the possibility of a million less prominent characters muddying things, the line between Colossus and Ben Grimm is the line dividing team muscle characters from heavy hitters. I say Ben is the weakest guy with a shot at beating Namor in a normal situation.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh yeah, as Colossusnaut, he did some impressive things

but as straight colossus, nothing jumps to mind at all
    Yep, like I said, I'd have to go looking. I don't think physical strength was a power much used / loved in the X-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think, despite the possibility of a million less prominent characters muddying things, the line between Colossus and Ben Grimm is the line dividing team muscle characters from heavy hitters. I say Ben is the weakest guy with a shot at beating Namor in a normal situation.
    Ben is another character that suffered from other, newer characters getting power drift, while he didn't so much. Sure, Ben can beat Namor, if he catches him dehydrated. But underwater, no way -- despite that AvX nonsense. I tend to see Ben as stronger than Colossus, but that's probably my FF bias showing. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Colossus is one of hose characters that looks and is called strong but I can't recall a single noteworthy feat of his that is very impressive.
    Hm... neither can I.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ben is another character that suffered from other, newer characters getting power drift, while he didn't so much. Sure, Ben can beat Namor, if he catches him dehydrated. But underwater, no way -- despite that AvX nonsense. I tend to see Ben as stronger than Colossus, but that's probably my FF bias showing. ;p
    That's what I mean. Normal circumstances wouldn't be an advantage for either. Despite the flight and speed, Ben could maybe win a brawl to the finish, but those chances should disappear in the air and especially in the sea.

Mighty Member

Colossus definitely needs some feats. Right now people write him at around the Luke Cage level, but he's supposed to be the X-men's Hulk/Thing.

I agree that Namor is much stronger than Colossus, although Colossus probably has the advantage on durability and resistances.

Now I do remember reading some book about the year 2000 which stated Colossus at 100 tons STR but I didn't know when that happened or why. Sure, as a teenager, he was suspected of growth and power maturation, but from 70 tons to 100? That seemed a little too much too fast. Also, official books and x-books didn't state such.

However, now, I think more recent handbooks did list Colossus as able to lift 100 tons, but not in the Thor/Hercules of over 100 tons range. I believe Namor is also able to lift 100 tons.

The current problem is that all characters are all lumped together these days. No one stands out above the rest clearly, whether they rank in strength, speed, psionics, fighting, etc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree that Namor is much stronger than Colossus, although Colossus probably has the advantage on durability and resistances.

Now I do remember reading some book about the year 2000 which stated Colossus at 100 tons STR but I didn't know when that happened or why. Sure, as a teenager, he was suspected of growth and power maturation, but from 70 tons to 100? That seemed a little too much too fast. Also, official books and x-books didn't state such.

However, now, I think more recent handbooks did list Colossus as able to lift 100 tons, but not in the Thor/Hercules of over 100 tons range. I believe Namor is also able to lift 100 tons.

The current problem is that all characters are all lumped together these days. No one stands out above the rest clearly, whether they rank in strength, speed, psionics, fighting, etc
    For a closer side by side comparison at the end of second coming the X men were battling a bunch of extremely powerful Nimrod sentinels and both of them were kicking ass and metal but Colossus eventually got out matched by them while namor gave them the fight of their lives...

Namor is a tough guy, apparently he was in the front line holding off most of the nimrod sentinels but eventually they managed to get past him

So is Colossus, but he got taken down real quick (he wasn't juggernaut by that time)

For some better feats in his Utopia days he went toe to toe with a semi void sentry
    Last edited by somacula; 12-05-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Colossus definitely needs some feats. Right now people write him at around the Luke Cage level, but he's supposed to be the X-men's Hulk/Thing.
    Luke Cage is another character that has gotten a large power increase / drift. Originally, his main power was to be bulletproof / steel skin and stronger than average ... below Spider-Man, IIRC. But now, he's taking on heavy hitters.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    For a closer side by side comparison at the end of second coming the X men were battling a bunch of extremely powerful Nimrod sentinels and both of them were kicking ass and metal but Colossus eventually got out matched by them while namor gave them the fight of their lives...

Namor is a tough guy, apparently he was in the front line holding off most of the nimrod sentinels but eventually they managed to get past him
    Yes, the dehydration thing ... though, IIRC, Namor just dropped into the bay with them to be revived.

So is Colossus, but he got taken down real quick (he wasn't juggernaut by that time)

For some better feats in his Utopia days he went toe to toe with a semi void sentry
    Well, facing the Nimrods was pretty impressive in that panel. But yes, I think during Namor's days with the X-Men, they tended to give Namor a better showing than Colossus. I'm trying to remember who Cyke paired Colossus up with in that Utopia / Dark Avengers match up? Namor got the Sentry and I was thinking Rogue, or was it Dani? got Ares?

And yes, even in durability, Namor was shown to be tougher. I remember that scene where Beast got him to put his hand on the Nimrod globe thing, and then said Namor was probably the only one of them that could have survived the blast, as he did.

BANNED

Yes, the dehydration thing ... though, IIRC, Namor just dropped into the bay with them to be revived.

Well, facing the Nimrods was pretty impressive in that panel. But yes, I think during Namor's days with the X-Men, they tended to give Namor a better showing than Colossus. I'm trying to remember who Cyke paired Colossus up with in that Utopia / Dark Avengers match up? Namor got the Sentry and I was thinking Rogue, or was it Dani? got Ares?

And yes, even in durability, Namor was shown to be tougher. I remember that scene where Beast got him to put his hand on the Nimrod globe thing, and then said Namor was probably the only one of them that could have survived the blast, as he did.
    Namor went toe to toe with sentry but ultimately Emma had to drive him away with a telepathic attack that separated him from the void. As for Dani she went against are but she turned into a valkyrie to defeat him (and she totally kicked his ass)...

Other feats from that time I recall were namor taking down worthy atumma, altough he had some help from the defenders and he did it on round 2

Ah, my mistake. I was going by old Marvel standards.

Namor was one of the people with lower durability, Carol as Ms Marvel was about Thing level, although Ben seemed to have more durability than her in most stories, especially with his rocky hide and Wonder Man the most durable (9 on Mohrs hardness scale). I think Thundra and Sabra were 7.5 Mohs.

In addition, swirling in my mind are those old RPGs had their rankings, with Namor and Thor on the very low end (EXCELLENT), Ms Marvel, Thing, Thundra middle ground (INCREDIBLE) and Hulk and Wondy on the high end (AMAZING).

Mighty Member

WOW, who is doing the artwork here? What issue?
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    WOW, who is doing the artwork here? What issue?
    This was in a multi-book cross over in the X-books ... Second Coming? Or was it Messiah War? I'm not sure which book this panel is from or the artist. I want to say X-Force and Ibraim Robertson, but I'm not sure. I'll have to see if I can dig it out.

Mighty Member

Definitely Second Coming, though I can't remember the artist's name.