Page 526 of 631 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love Tamara Rahn. She should stay in Namor's book. She is strong, courageous, a warrior, sexy, mysterious...and from another world! What more could anyone want, especially Subby??
    Sadly, for Namor, it's more of the case of what does Tamara want? She was hooked up with a "good" Tiger Shark for a short while. But we haven't seen her in years.

But yes, she was definitely one of the strong and sexy women in Namor's life.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh, I didn't know Tamara had been involved with Tigershark.

Or that there was a good Tigershark.

Or a Tigershark other than Todd Arliss.

I have not seen Tamara since an old Avengers issue, when Namorita was still a teen (well, an Atlantan teen anyways)!

Mighty Member

Look what Santa drop in the mail for me today.

My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Ah!!

So glad you got it, and early as well! I was Hoping Santa wouldbe able to get you this gift.

I also love the presentation of where you placed it, around cute Christmas decorations.

Now you will just gave to wait a few more weeks to read it?

This is the comic with Namor using the shield and sword, which match his bracelets, a pewtery-silvery look which is much different from all other showings.

I wonder if the interior pages are in black and white vs color like a regular comic?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-10-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Mighty Member

Ah!!

So glad you got it, and early as well! I was Hoping Santa wouldbe able to get you this gift.

I also love the presentation of where you placed it, around cute Christmas decorations.

This is the comic with Namor using the shield and sword, which match his bracelets, a pewtery-silvery look which is much different from all other showings.

I wonder if the interior pages are in black and white vs color like a regular comic?
    Thank you Phoenix. I glanced thru the comic already. there is a gladiatorial battle between Hulk & Namor in Atlantis. Hulk is wearing an oxygen see-thru contraption the entire story and together with Rick Jones are Namor's prisoners. They start the gladiator fight in full atlantean armor both. Hulk destroys his armor saying he only needs his fists and throws Namor with some blows which kind of wrecks Namor armor a bit. Namor disposes of his armor and trident too too and says he only needs his fists too so it ends being a pure physical battle. Pretty cool black & white artwork, I'll see if I can scan some pages later.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Look what Santa drop in the mail for me today.

How awesome! You are definitely on Santa's Nice List! They look like they are in good shape too.

Ah!!

Yep, excellent holiday presentation.

Thank you Phoenix. I glanced thru the comic already. there is a gladiatorial battle between Hulk & Namor in Atlantis. Hulk is wearing an oxygen see-thru contraption the entire story and together with Rick Jones are Namor's prisoners. They start the gladiator fight in full atlantean armor both. Hulk destroys his armor saying he only needs his fists and throws Namor with some blows which kind of wrecks Namor armor a bit. Namor disposes of his armor and trident too too and says he only needs his fists too so it ends being a pure physical battle. Pretty cool black & white artwork, I'll see if I can scan some pages later.
    I loved the ink wash they used on that black and white art. And the art was very dynamic. You FELT every punch.

LOL! That so sounds like Namor ... and the Hulk! I don't remember that gladiatorial fight! I guess I need to re-read it. ;p Though, that's an interesting idea I need to look into. I think there have been a couple of 'gladiatorial' scenes in Namor's books.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Well, since its Christmas and is not fair I should enjoy this pulse pounding slugfest by myself while my fellow Atlanteans that have suffered through this year first by the violent demise of the avenging son and later being teased month after month waiting for the resurrection of the monarch of the seas I have deemed you worthy to enjoy with me this glorious battle. Feast your eyes, faithful ones with the glory and the might of a prince of the blood going against the strongest there is, in the pages of the Rampaging Hulk in a time when even on another's hero magazine writers were respectful of power levels and characters true strength.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Thanks for sharing with us, Thor-EL!

The artwork and fighting is great! Even without color, those scenes pulse with live action.

It is a shame these two behemoths fought for about 7-8 yrs before they became allies in the Defenders.

Mighty Member

The artwork and fighting is great! Even without color, those scenes pulse with live action.

It is a shame these two behemoths fought for about 7-8 yrs before they became allies in the Defenders.
    They fought but those fights are awesome and helped to shape the popularity of both characters. How different would have been a Squadron Supreme book where instead of killing Namor and disposing entirely of Atlantis in one issue, Robinson creates a war between Namor & Hyperion & the SS that extends for several issues where he actually uses Namor & Atlantis not just an a vehicle to prop up the squadron but as actual characters & mythology worthy to explore and goes thru a series of plots where Atlantis suffers the consequences of Namor's decisions and we see several fights between Namor and the SS culminating in whatever direction Robinson was planning out but without killing Namor and instead using the character(s).

Thank you so much Thor-El! That is fabulous! I love Namor in his little gladiator skirt. LOL!

And yes, that's is a GREAT battle.

Being fellow Defenders didn't stop Namor and Hulk from battling it out ... bickering, and otherwise antagonizing each other. But that's what made them great Defenders, IMO.

They fought but those fights are awesome and helped to shape the popularity of both characters. How different would have been a Squadron Supreme book where instead of killing Namor and disposing entirely of Atlantis in one issue, Robinson creates a war between Namor & Hyperion & the SS that extends for several issues where he actually uses Namor & Atlantis not just an a vehicle to prop up the squadron but as actual characters & mythology worthy to explore and goes thru a series of plots where Atlantis suffers the consequences of Namor's decisions and we see several fights between Namor and the SS culminating in whatever direction Robinson was planning out but without killing Namor and instead using the character(s).
    Yes, I have to agree. The Namor and Hulk fights are epic and very popular. I'm sure them sharing Tales to Astonish at the start of their modern Marvel histories made it easier to do.

It is a shame that Robinson didn't do something like that, but he certainly isn't alone. Hickman jobbed out the Atlanteans also, and certainly deprived both Namor and Panther fans of what could have been and epic tale.

funny thing is..neither one needs armor XD
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

All-New Member

Why do I remember this scene, but as live-action?

It's super weird, I remember seeing this but on TV, with real actors. It was regular shaving instead of fire-shaving, and people freaked out when they cut the hair around the ears.

Am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Why do I remember this scene, but as live-action?

It's super weird, I remember seeing this but on TV, with real actors. It was regular shaving instead of fire-shaving, and people freaked out when they cut the hair around the ears.

Am I crazy?
    Nah, they made plenty of movies with undercover (or amnesiac) bums back in the day. I remember seeing something similar.

Hhmmm.

Maybe from an old FF cartoon?

All-New Member

Definitely live-action, from the 80s at the latest by the look of it. I remember a series of stop-cut sequences like start shaving, done shaving, start with the side of the head, freak out when they uncover the pointy ear. In my memory, the shot is of his right ear, so on the left side of the screen. They freak out because they recognise him, not just because he has weird ears too. He may have been found as an amnesiac hobo, possibly catatonic I'm not sure. That's pretty much all I have, the memories are vivid yet extremely fragmentary. I do associate it with Namor, but to be true it may be something completely different lol