Page 527 of 631 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577627 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Definitely live-action, from the 80s at the latest by the look of it. I remember a series of stop-cut sequences like start shaving, done shaving, start with the side of the head, freak out when they uncover the pointy ear. In my memory, the shot is of his right ear, so on the left side of the screen. They freak out because they recognise him, not just because he has weird ears too. He may have been found as an amnesiac hobo, possibly catatonic I'm not sure. That's pretty much all I have, the memories are vivid yet extremely fragmentary. I do associate it with Namor, but to be true it may be something completely different lol
    Welcome khaz! Those triggered memories my friend, are the first symptoms of a rare ailment named namoris atlanticus. That's how we all arrived here. Worst cases the memories follows with an uncontrollable urge to working out 24/7, flex in front of a mirror wearing green speedos while screaming Imperius Rex and ultimately cosplaying the character! Hello, my name is Thor-El and I'm dealing with namoris atlanticus. Don't worry, we are all here to help you.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 12-12-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: typos
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Why do I remember this scene, but as live-action?

It's super weird, I remember seeing this but on TV, with real actors. It was regular shaving instead of fire-shaving, and people freaked out when they cut the hair around the ears.

Am I crazy?
    sadly, a scene as iconic , powerful and game changing as this, if brought to life on the screen (rights tangle aside)
    will have audiences go like....what's going on? who's this guy? rather than WHOA NAMOR
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    sadly, a scene as iconic , powerful and game changing as this, if brought to life on the screen (rights tangle aside)
    will have audiences go like....what's going on? who's this guy? rather than WHOA NAMOR
    Agreed, or also they would ask why Mr Spook looks different and why he had a beard...

Mighty Member

Continuing the epic battle between Sub-Mariner and Hulk from Rampaging Hulk #6:

TO BE CONTINUED...
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Wow, Namor seems to be super-angry, the best way to be when you are up against a rampaging Hulk!

...and, did Namor just give Hulk a (left) black eye? (Yes, I can see that even on black-and-white art!)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, Namor seems to be super-angry, the best way to be when you are up against a rampaging Hulk!

...and, did Namor just give Hulk a (left) black eye? (Yes, I can see that even on black-and-white art!)
    Yes, LOL. It seems like that but DeZuniga used to draw everyone with black eyes, his Conan was notable for that. Not my favorite inker really.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Those are such great pages, Thor-El! Two titans battling it out! Thank you so much for posting them. They make my day in the midst of all the holiday madness.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

How is the Namor Advent Calendar coming, Reviresco?

For Holiday Madness, just take a second, take a deep breath in, hold it, slowly release......Ah, there, do you feel better?

Mighty Member

Finally got Rampaging Hulk 5 today, out of order but both 5 & 6 are in very fine condition.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Those are such great pages, Thor-El! Two titans battling it out! Thank you so much for posting them. They make my day in the midst of all the holiday madness.
    Thank you, I enjoy all your postings too. Sadly our Namor thread is missing so many people from last year. I don't know if when first I got here it was an unusual very busy time due to Namor's recent death or if it was always that busy. There has been spikes here and there through this year. Hopefully once the character is alive again Marvel starts using him and we get more people excited about the character.

Even though Namor has been without a solo series for long periods he has been everywhere, there is so much Namor material I haven't read yet and that I keep finding out about by reading your excellent threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Finally got Rampaging Hulk 5 today, out of order but both 5 & 6 are in very fine condition.
    Wow, it seems like someone was a very good Thor-El this year! lol. Again, I enjoy the presentation on the table with the little Christmas ornament people!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thank you, I enjoy all your postings too. Sadly our Namor thread is missing so many people from last year.
    No worries--I am here now! Lol.

Actually site populations do tend to go up and down suddenly, at times, without any perceivable reasons, but there may be multiple reasons. However, you may be correct about it because of Namor's death. He will return. It is impossible to keep the King of Atlantis down for keeps!

I like this thread and the folks on it. Other threads on here are equally nice and comfy. However, there are some threads on here where the people seem most unwelcoming, very clique-ish, talk over and around posts by others and are downright rude.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-14-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Mighty Member

And very glad to have you here Phoenixx9!

Mighty Member

And to finish the fight sequence between Hulk and Submariner from Rampaging Hulk #6, here's these last three pages. After this last page the fight is interrupted by the true villain which makes Subby & Hulk join together to defeat him so no clear winner this time but since this was under the sea, Namor should have been the one claiming victory if the fight hadn't been interrupted.

Wow, it seems like someone was a very good Thor-El this year! lol. Again, I enjoy the presentation on the table with the little Christmas ornament people!

Actually site populations do tend to go up and down suddenly, at times, without any perceivable reasons, but there may be multiple reasons. However, you may be correct about it because of Namor's death. He will return. It is impossible to keep the King of Atlantis down for keeps!

I like this thread and the folks on it. Other threads on here are equally nice and comfy. However, there are some threads on here where the people seem most unwelcoming, very clique-ish, talk over and around posts by others and are downright rude.
    He will return but i hope he will return in a prominent role..tbh i felt he had that during Hickman's avengers run but his role was also a polarising one.

We like you here too!
    anyone who comes here with positivity will get it back, tenfold.
    the atlantean way
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thank you, again, Thor-El! More great battling pages! That's some grade A++++ Atlantean tech in Hulk's helmet. LOL!

How is the Namor Advent Calendar coming, Reviresco?

For Holiday Madness, just take a second, take a deep breath in, hold it, slowly release......Ah, there, do you feel better?
    I feel sleepy. And tired.

Ah yes. My poor Advent Calendar is turning into the 12 Days of Christmas... if I'm lucky! I'll try to get something up tomorrow.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?