Page 53 of 631 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Okay, I FINALLY found some Kev Walker scans. Must. Organize. Photobucket.

Namor's advice to Nara from Avengers Arena.

Namor's advice to Nazis from Thunderbolts.

Namor's advice to puny surface dwellers: "Do not attempt to emulate my retro swimming trunks style. You will look foolish."

Last edited by Rheged; 07-11-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

^^^^^ $*(#)a@ terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Yep. That's Namor type of gal to a T! Except Marrina -- which is probably why I find her relationship with Namor odd. NuMarrina might work, but she comes across as too young to me, for some reason.

I wonder what JHW3 is doing now?

I will try to find those scans of Walker's Namor and post them. They were great, even in his long shorts.

Hickman is giving Strange some spotlight last issue, but it's to tear him down also. At some point, he's going to have to start to build these guys back up again, so I'm trying to keep optimistic.
    JHW3 - he did artwork for Blondie's latest album. Outside of that, I have no idea. Hickman, yes, I saw that (thanks to Clea.) I do hope something good happens with Namor. How much more can he tear characters down though?

Cheers for posting Kev Walker's Namor. I knew he'd nail him easily. But I love his characterization and not-so-short-speedo... so as I said above $**(*&$! terrific.

Weeeel, I was going to do some fanfic with this, but the way I'm going, it might be the next decade before I get to it.

Basically, there would a mystical element (which could generate a few plotlines) and there would be a survivor of this:

Oh I'd like to read this, whenever you get around to it. My real life stuff is writing classes at the moment (which I'm grateful for, it's keeping all the other BS at bay), and reading fan fic from a fan as deeply involved as you are, would be terrific. I'm skittish with fan fiction because I like the characters I enjoy to be in character. I think Namor would be the only character who I could probably handle shipping etc. with because of his ambiguity and that he seems to work wonderfully no matter what (at least what I've read anyway.)

That sounds great. And, LOL, 9 wives... Oh, Namor.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Being an old fellow, I always enjoyed the Lady Dorma as his mate. I loved Betty Dean too. Although, when they made her old (the correct age) it seemed off the tables. Most of Namors exs' turned bad or betrayed Atlantis and/or our Prince. I couldn't believe it when The Lady Dorma did. She later confessed and made it right. Before they knocked her off. So she was redeemed.

Poor Betty Dean. She was turned into an Amphibian, by Dr Hydro (I think.) Then Dr. Doom killed off all the Amphibians on Hydro Island (which is why Namor should never team up with him again and should hate him and kill him.) She was a great Namor supporting character.

Tamara was strong (and red and stronger then Namor maybe) and sexy. She later betrayed him and Atlantis (damn writers.) Never liked Marina. All claws and crazy and teeth (cover your crotches.) And a sea monster,yuck. Yellow skin?

Sue is good for a break. She is forever married to Reed but, Reed needs a reminder every once in a while. And Namor and Sue have fun together. Temp though. Affair L'amour.

The White Queen.....good sex no doubt. Forever sexually excited by each other. Not forever though. They will probably continue on and off like Sue and Namor. Namor is really a playa. And that is fine.

I can't even remember the younger fillies.

If the Lady Dorma is back from the dead, she is my pick there. Queen Dorma it is. I'm sure she can snag a little on the side too like Namor. All is fair in love and war.
    Last edited by Custodes; 07-11-2014 at 09:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    ^^^^^ $*(#)a@ terrific!

JHW3 - he did artwork for Blondie's latest album. Outside of that, I have no idea. Hickman, yes, I saw that (thanks to Clea.) I do hope something good happens with Namor. How much more can he tear characters down though?

Cheers for posting Kev Walker's Namor. I knew he'd nail him easily. But I love his characterization and not-so-short-speedo... so as I said above $**(*&$! terrific.
    Bike shorts! FINALLY remembered what they are called. I swear, my brain is being cooked while gardening. And yes, Namor fills them out nicely. I'm glad you like the Walker pics, though I suspected you might.

Thanks for the link to JHW3's site. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I notice there's some DC talent moving to the X-books, because of Mike Marts -- and Katie Kubert too, I imagine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of the talent will be shared with other editors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Oh I'd like to read this, whenever you get around to it. My real life stuff is writing classes at the moment (which I'm grateful for, it's keeping all the other BS at bay), and reading fan fic from a fan as deeply involved as you are, would be terrific. I'm skittish with fan fiction because I like the characters I enjoy to be in character. I think Namor would be the only character who I could probably handle shipping etc. with because of his ambiguity and that he seems to work wonderfully no matter what (at least what I've read anyway.)

That sounds great. And, LOL, 9 wives... Oh, Namor.
    Only Namor would have this multiplicity of wives problem ... well, I guess Black Bolt too, but I think that stretches credibility, myself.

Yes, the great problem with many fanfics ... amongst other things. I haven't done any sizable writing in quite a while, though it's something I keep wanting to do. That's cool that you are taking writing classes. I hope there's some fun writing in them.

There's several reasons why I think Namor 'ships well, but that's for another post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Being an old fellow, I always enjoyed the Lady Dorma as his mate. I loved Betty Dean too. Although, when they made her old (the correct age) it seemed off the tables. Most of Namors exs' turned bad or betrayed Atlantis and/or our Prince. I couldn't believe it when The Lady Dorma did. She later confessed and made it right. Before they knocked her off. So she was redeemed.
    Dorma did 'betray' Namor, but IIRC, it was because Krang forced her to choose him or he'd kill Namor or some such.

Poor Betty Dean. She was turned into an Amphibian, by Dr Hydro (I think.) Then Dr. Doom killed off all the Amphibians on Hydro Island (which is why Namor should never team up with him again and should hate him and kill him.) She was a great Namor supporting character.
    I LOVE Betty Dean! I liked what Thomas did, showing her aged, but Namor still loving her, though not quite in the same fashion as his youth.

No, it was Dorcas (and Tiger Shark and Attuma), who killed Betty Dean. Doom was actually trying to rescue Namor. But what happened to the rest of the amphibians? Were they changed back?

Tamara was strong (and red and stronger then Namor maybe) and sexy. She later betrayed him and Atlantis (damn writers.) Never liked Marina. All claws and crazy and teeth (cover your crotches.) And a sea monster,yuck. Yellow skin?
    Tamara is one that most writers forget, though she's still living. And she still helps Namor out when he asks. I thought the Tiger Shark hook up was interesting, but that's definitely been forgotten.

Sue is good for a break. She is forever married to Reed but, Reed needs a reminder every once in a while. And Namor and Sue have fun together. Temp though. Affair L'amour.

The White Queen.....good sex no doubt. Forever sexually excited by each other. Not forever though. They will probably continue on and off like Sue and Namor. Namor is really a playa. And that is fine.

I've always felt Namor enjoyed the surface world visits as a vacation from responsibilities and a place where he wasn't treated as a prince.

If the Lady Dorma is back from the dead, she is my pick there. Queen Dorma it is. I'm sure she can snag a little on the side too like Namor. All is fair in love and war.
    Dorma was as proud and temperamental and passionate as Namor. She definitely didn't mind giving Namor a difficult time, if she didn't think he was paying the proper attention. She was great!

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I would not count on Reed and Sue being married forever. I have a feeling that their marriage will end one day, perhaps sooner than we think, and when that happens, Namor can finally have his chance with Sue.

Forgive me if this was posted already...

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

@ Greg > LOLOLOL. That's terrific.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

That is wonderful - and very true, which makes it all the better.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Doom was actually trying to rescue Namor. But what happened to the rest of the amphibians? Were they changed back?

I could have sworn Doom ray blasted Amphibian-Betty but, I read it straight from the racks many years ago. Marvel Super Villains Team-up. About 50 years ago. Senility might be rearing its' ugly head. I thought he wanted her dead to manipulate Namor better and planned it. But, I haven't read it since then. Comic issues long gone.

I think they slaughtered all the Amphibians but, I secretly hoped a few survived. Years later the Avengers (I think) usurped Hydro Island and renamed it Avengers Island. Until some villains sunk it. I always thought that was a waste. A movable Island is a great set for a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I would not count on Reed and Sue being married forever. I have a feeling that their marriage will end one day, perhaps sooner than we think, and when that happens, Namor can finally have his chance with Sue.
    Reed and Sue have been separated more than once. The first time being when Reed " ray lobotomized" Franklin to save the world from a deadly disaster. Sue left and the FF took its' first new member Medusa. Johnny went Red Costume. Second biggest letter writing campaign of all time. After "Gerry Conway throwing Gwen Stacy of the (you pick either pictures or words) George Washington/Brooklyn Bridge." And just a bit bigger than the Hulk/ Betty Ross "Brown Bag Cover up Conspiracy."

Sue spent some time with Namor there. Didn't last.

I think Reed and Sue were even divorced once. Didn't last either. Reboot of a Reboot. Between 10 and 15 years ago (seems like yesterday) Namor and Sue tried it for real. She lived with him down there but, it drove her crazy ,long term. Did not work out. They are not meant for forever. Just lust and like. They still have great respect for each other, as former lovers.

Reed and Sue permanently divorced is like a major character dying. It is never forever. Reed does need his reminding though.

^Nice pic Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Forgive me if this was posted already...

Yes! This is the best post I've seen in ages. Love the Dodson Namor, too.

BANNED

Thank you for posting that Greg! It's wonderful ... and hilarious! There was another Namor riff on the Old Spice Man commercial, (I have its somewhere in the Dreaded Bucket) but I love the idea of Namor texting this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    A lot of folks ship Namor and Sue. Actually, I think that's probably his most popular pairing. Not mine, of course.

Namor's had his chance with Sue, more than once. He's also saved Sue's marriage to Reed, at least twice. He's even been shown coaching Reed on how to be a better husband. He got over his infatuation for Sue enough to find other loving relationships and even married twice. Namor cares for Sue, and I suspect always will, but I don't think he's IN love with her. I don't think alot of modern writers remember this, however.

This is not to say, however, if Sue wanted to have an affair with Namor, or a fling, that he wouldn't indulge her. ;p Which haterz also seem to ignore. 75% of the time, if not more, it's Sue who goes to Namor.

Reed and Sue have been separated more than once. The first time being when Reed " ray lobotomized" Franklin to save the world from a deadly disaster. Sue left and the FF took its' first new member Medusa. Johnny went Red Costume. Second biggest letter writing campaign of all time. After "Gerry Conway throwing Gwen Stacy of the (you pick either pictures or words) George Washington/Brooklyn Bridge." And just a bit bigger than the Hulk/ Betty Ross "Brown Bag Cover up Conspiracy."

Sue spent some time with Namor there. Didn't last.
    Yes, indeed. Of course, it didn't last, because that's how Namor planned it. Remember, he and Triton got together and put on this huge charade of Namor whisking the estranged Sue off to Atlantis, then invading NYC with his kaiju in retribution for Richard's treatment of Sue, and fighting the FF -- only so Sue would remember that she loved Reed.

I think Reed and Sue were even divorced once. Didn't last either. Reboot of a Reboot. Between 10 and 15 years ago (seems like yesterday) Namor and Sue tried it for real. She lived with him down there but, it drove her crazy ,long term. Did not work out. They are not meant for forever. Just lust and like. They still have great respect for each other, as former lovers.
    Wasn't that a What If? story? I do remember Namor joining the FF when Reed supposedly died, but he could never convince Sue that he was dead.

Reed and Sue permanently divorced is like a major character dying. It is never forever. Reed does need his reminding though.
    This. I think Reed and Sue's marriage is the one marriage that Marvel will never break up, at least for any length of time.

BANNED

I could have sworn Doom ray blasted Amphibian-Betty but, I read it straight from the racks many years ago. Marvel Super Villains Team-up. About 50 years ago. Senility might be rearing its' ugly head. I thought he wanted her dead to manipulate Namor better and planned it. But, I haven't read it since then. Comic issues long gone.
    I really need to read SVTU again soon, as I'd forgotten Doom ray blasting. Adding to the Giant To Do List. However, Doom didn't ray blast Betty, Dorcas did. I found these scans at Supermegamonkey's Marvel Comic Chronology Project, and there's a bit more of an explanation there.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...eamup_14.shtml

EXTREME SADNESS WARNING!!!!

Still makes me tear up. Though I do hate that Betty gets fridged saving Namor. She was such a unique character. An older woman (and getting older and older with the sliding timeline) who had an evolving relationship with Namor, and then a mentor / mother for Namorita.

And here's Doom's friendly fire method of taking out friends and foes. Man, I need to start up Missipienne's Doom / Namor thread again. Maybe expand it a bit.

I think they slaughtered all the Amphibians but, I secretly hoped a few survived. Years later the Avengers (I think) usurped Hydro Island and renamed it Avengers Island. Until some villains sunk it. I always thought that was a waste. A movable Island is a great set for a comic.
    Ouch. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Amphibians all got killed. I do remember the Avengers using Hydrobase, and I agree. It's a shame it got sunk. It was also a great base for Stingray (and Diane). I bet he's regretting allowing the Avengers in as house guests.