Page 54 of 631 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Bike shorts! FINALLY remembered what they are called. I swear, my brain is being cooked while gardening. And yes, Namor fills them out nicely. I'm glad you like the Walker pics, though I suspected you might.

Thanks for the link to JHW3's site. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I notice there's some DC talent moving to the X-books, because of Mike Marts -- and Katie Kubert too, I imagine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of the talent will be shared with other editors.

Only Namor would have this multiplicity of wives problem ... well, I guess Black Bolt too, but I think that stretches credibility, myself.

Yes, the great problem with many fanfics ... amongst other things. I haven't done any sizable writing in quite a while, though it's something I keep wanting to do. That's cool that you are taking writing classes. I hope there's some fun writing in them.

There's several reasons why I think Namor 'ships well, but that's for another post.
    Well Namor looks good in any type of speedo or bike short or jump suit.

LOL about Black Bolt (would Medusa even stand for that?), but yeah, I could see that being a minor issue for Namor.

That's a good point about DC folks migrating to Marvel because of Marts and Kubert, and if JHW3 and Andrea Sorrentino make the leap, I won't complain a bit.

Indeed, loose ships sink lips...oh wait. But if you ever write any, great. If this one method I picked up from one courses sticks, I will be very happy.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Well Namor looks good in any type of speedo or bike short or jump suit.

LOL about Black Bolt (would Medusa even stand for that?), but yeah, I could see that being a minor issue for Namor.

That's a good point about DC folks migrating to Marvel because of Marts and Kubert, and if JHW3 and Andrea Sorrentino make the leap, I won't complain a bit.

Indeed, loose ships sink lips...oh wait. But if you ever write any, great. If this one method I picked up from one courses sticks, I will be very happy.
    Hey, share that method, if you don't mind. I like being happy too.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. I don't understand why Marvel comics doesn't get this, while Marvel Cinematic Universe has more male eye candy than female.

Yeah, I haven't really cared for Hickman's changes with the Inhumans, especially with Black Bolt's five wives and how he and Medusa communicate.

Neither would I! I enjoyed Sorrentino on I, VAMPIRE.

Hey, share that method, if you don't mind. I like being happy too.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. I don't understand why Marvel comics doesn't get this, while Marvel Cinematic Universe has more male eye candy than female.

Yeah, I haven't really cared for Hickman's changes with the Inhumans, especially with Black Bolt's five wives and how he and Medusa communicate.

Neither would I! I enjoyed Sorrentino on I, VAMPIRE.
    I hope my PM will make sense.

I mean DC makes sure Dick Grayson looks sexy, they play on the fact that he's attractive. So why doesn't Marvel flaunt that with some of their male characters too, like Namor. Push the bad boy sea king thing in what he's wearing (or not )

Sigh, Hickman. I like him but not some of the changes he's made to characters.

I, VAMPIRE was very enjoyable, but Sorrentino's work on Green Arrow was fantastic - the action scenes were superb. He'd do some incredible work with Namor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I hope my PM will make sense.

I mean DC makes sure Dick Grayson looks sexy, they play on the fact that he's attractive. So why doesn't Marvel flaunt that with some of their male characters too, like Namor. Push the bad boy sea king thing in what he's wearing (or not )

Sigh, Hickman. I like him but not some of the changes he's made to characters.

I, VAMPIRE was very enjoyable, but Sorrentino's work on Green Arrow was fantastic - the action scenes were superb. He'd do some incredible work with Namor.
    Hmmm. I may have to look that up. I thought he had a Jae Lee vibe on I, VAMPIRE, and it was a bit static. I'd like to see what his action looks like.

Don't get me started on how DC appreciates Namor and his qualities far more than Marvel. (I'm looking at you Black Adam and Aquaman)

LOL! Or not, indeed. I don't know WHY Marvel doesn't do so with Namor now. For decades his original outfit was acceptable. And they certainly didn't mind putting Gambit in as little as possible.

Hickman can't have a perfect batting average -- no one can. But I enjoy quite a bit of his work, just not the Black Bolt Polygymous Messiah business. And breaking up Crystal and Ronan. STILL waiting for the other shoe to drop on that.

Got the PM. Thank you!

Wasn't that a What If? story? I do remember Namor joining the FF when Reed supposedly died, but he could never convince Sue that he was dead.

Oh it may not have been as long ago as 10-15 years. It may have been Civil War or more recent. She was living down there. Several issues (at least 3 or more.) But, I can not remember when now. I had thought it was when there were those 2 reboots one after the other.Only one was called a reboot but, I'm forgetful. It wasn't a What If though. Although, do those reboot Universes even count in the 616 Universe? Was one year a complete alternate universe now gone, a few years ago?

I just remember her there for some time. Hope it isn't a cartoon of some other senile memory.;-) After the New Warriors Conn. blowup maybe?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Oh it may not have been as long ago as 10-15 years. It may have been Civil War or more recent. She was living down there. Several issues (at least 3 or more.) But, I can not remember when now. I had thought it was when there were those 2 reboots one after the other.Only one was called a reboot but, I'm forgetful. It wasn't a What If though. Although, do those reboot Universes even count in the 616 Universe? Was one year a complete alternate universe now gone, a few years ago?

I just remember her there for some time. Hope it isn't a cartoon of some other senile memory.;-) After the New Warriors Conn. blowup maybe?
    Hmmm. Will have to do some investigating on this. In Civil War, Cap sent Sue came down to Atlantis to try and get Namor to side with them, but she was visiting, not living in Atlantis.

The reboots being Heroes Reborn and Heroes Return? Man, I am STILL confused about that. Let's see, that would have been Claremont's FF run, which I haven't read all of. Now, there was a scene in Ultimate FF, by Mike Carey, where something happened and Namor took her to Atlantis, but it was only for an issue, IIRC.

BANNED

I'm mining the old forums appreciation threads, and trying to get my bucket in order, so I'll be posting images from there, as I go along. Until I'm distracted, that is. LOL!

Sort of related to what Custodes was talking about. Jim Lee's Namor from the Heroes Reborn FF book.

I like that CBR bolded this title on the Marvel October 2014 solicitations page...

ANINVADERS2014011-1a90f.jpg

ALL-NEW INVADERS #11 JAMES ROBINSON (W)
    STEVE PUGH (A)
    Cover by Michael Komarck
    CELEBRATING THE 75th ANNIVERSARY OF THE HUMAN TORCH AND SUB-MARINER WITH AN EPIC BATTLE!
    • JIM HAMMOND, THE ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH has been driven mad by the events of Issue #10. Now it’s up to NAMOR to stop his rampage!
    • Plus the return of RADIANCE and the ALL-NEW IRON CROSS!
    • And in England, SPITFIRE and UNION JACK must face a different kind of INVADER...
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

That is such a gorgeous cover. I am so looking forward to this.

BANNED

O_O

Wow. That looks AWESOME! I can't wait! Leave it to Robinson to remember the reason for the 75th Anniversary.

But I must say. He does like torturing Namor, doesn't he? Remember those thumbnails for #3? And scary teeth Namor in last issue's cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    That is such a gorgeous cover. I am so looking forward to this.
    Indeed, amazing cover! I really wanted Mukesh Singh to come back, but Komarck is a nice replacement. My only nit is Torch's costume. It looks a bit busy with his flame.

Hmmm. I may have to look that up. I thought he had a Jae Lee vibe on I, VAMPIRE, and it was a bit static. I'd like to see what his action looks like.

Don't get me started on how DC appreciates Namor and his qualities far more than Marvel. (I'm looking at you Black Adam and Aquaman)

LOL! Or not, indeed. I don't know WHY Marvel doesn't do so with Namor now. For decades his original outfit was acceptable. And they certainly didn't mind putting Gambit in as little as possible.

Hickman can't have a perfect batting average -- no one can. But I enjoy quite a bit of his work, just not the Black Bolt Polygymous Messiah business. And breaking up Crystal and Ronan. STILL waiting for the other shoe to drop on that.

Got the PM. Thank you!
    Re: PM method, it's working. It helped me craft an absolutely bonkers alternate history concept in the Science Fiction writing class today, so I am pleased it's working in every genre I've attempted in the past week (romance (eek), science fiction, horror.)

Hickman. Indeed, no one has a perfect average. What I've read Jonathan seems to understand his characters, but I'll take your word on Black Bolt since I know zilch about the Inhumans.

Sorrentino's blog. I get what you mean about the static quality of his art. Still, that Green Arrow page at the top of the blog is... well what I wish Ollie would be all the time in that book. < Stops Green Arrow lament >>

Yeah, DC sure as heck appreciates Namor a lot more than Marvel. Hell, my favorite run of Aquaman proved that hook, um, trident...

At least Marvel is acknowledging Namor's 75 years in ANI 11, but I do hope future issues of that Marvel 75th Anniversary address everyone painted on that issue 1 cover and more.

Speaking of All New Invaders 11, I suppose the deathloks in issue 10 somehow rewires Jim Hammond?!? Or maybe S.H.I.E.L.D. does that on purpose? Whatever the case, I hope Namor puts out the fire quickly and Jim comes to his senses. Sounds like a very good issue.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 07-15-2014 at 11:02 AM.

O_O

Wow. That looks AWESOME! I can't wait! Leave it to Robinson to remember the reason for the 75th Anniversary.

But I must say. He does like torturing Namor, doesn't he? Remember those thumbnails for #3? And scary teeth Namor in last issue's cover.
    Glad Robinson remembered (I had a feeling he would.) A great cover and I can't wait to read this issue.

Torch looks like he's attacking Namor

Everyone had scary teeth on the ANI 7 cover. (I don't mind the anime-looking Radiance but the disembodied faces were silly.)

Indeed, amazing cover! I really wanted Mukesh Singh to come back, but Komarck is a nice replacement. My only nit is Torch's costume. It looks a bit busy with his flame.
    Yes, I hope Mukesh comes back too. He has a unique, epic style that really works with the Invaders. Agree about Torch's costume.

O_O

Robinson is always good on remembering the anniversaries. He is going to deliver well with this issue and that cover is incredible!

Having trouble attaching but the NA solicit shows coffins for the Illuminati except for BP and Reed. Misleading cover but you never know due to the rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Robinson is always good on remembering the anniversaries. He is going to deliver well with this issue and that cover is incredible!

Having trouble attaching but the NA solicit shows coffins for the Illuminati except for BP and Reed. Misleading cover but you never know due to the rumors.
    Judging from the symbols on them I think the coffins are for the Great Society.