Page 548 of 631 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 9460

Namor on Aaron's Thor would be nice
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Namor confirmed for X-MEN: RED!

Great to see Namor back working with the X-Men again. Never felt like that ever had proper closure. Maybe we'll get some explanation.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Looks like Namor is hanging with the X-Men again:

ETA: Jinx! XD

I am not totally unhappy with Jean's costume here. The shoulder pads could be de-emphasized. I think it may be important to distance her more from her younger counterpart . . . as well as the color scheme she mostly has used in all the years of publication.

I never totally liked the '90s version of her outfit, which this seems to be based or similar to, but this is an improvement, to me.

I'm not much of an X-Man fan for years, but always love Namor.

I never read him though, very much, in the earlier days of him being a mutant. (now).

I just didn't like Namor being attached to Emma, I have to admit.

So maybe this would be the first x-man book I might follow . . . in many years.

Jean's new costume is growing on me as well. While I would have liked something far different from the '90's look, I am OK with this.

Can't wait to see the rest of the team and how Namor and Jean interact!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean's new costume is growing on me as well. While I would have liked something far different from the '90's look, I am OK with this.

Can't wait to see the rest of the team and how Namor and Jean interact!
    I wonder if Young Jean's crush on Namor translates to adult Jean?

I'd actually rather not see that become a thing, though their connection to the Phoenix Force, plus the inclusion of Wakandan Gentle might be a pretty interesting dynamic.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Looks like Namor is hanging with the X-Men again:

.....Never thought that the MU Readers would be seeing the Prince of Atlantis back among the X-Men (would thought he might return within either the Avengers or Defenders, IMHO)......

On another thread I have posted my idea that the Atlanteans are possibly an offshoot of Inhumans, in the manner that the Centaurians and Bird- peoples have been shown to be. The basic idea that for whatever reasons (I know there were stories but I don't believe I read them), the DNA of these types of Inhumans "stabilized" till they became their own race.

I don't believe it has been shown that Centaurs or Bird folks of Inhuman origin have been exposed/re-exposed to Terrigen mists and what might / did happen.

At any rate I remember a person or two were fairly adamant that Atlanteans are in no way related to Inhumans, but then

what are they?

In all my ponderings through the handbooks, wiki's are other sources, I only come up with they are their own race; Homo Mermanus or whatever.

But come on, they just somehow evolved that way from Human stock? That just doesn't happen in the MU.

I remember stories from a few decades back that put Deviants/culture with Atlantis, but can't find that or its significance.

Either way, imho, Atlanteans must owe something of their origin to Inhuman/Kree or Deviant/Eternal/Celestial experiments.

This would, in no way detract from Namor being a mutant as well, isn't it from his human side that the x-gene would come from?

Speculation, please begin. (or arguments)

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I wonder if Young Jean's crush on Namor translates to adult Jean?

I'd actually rather not see that become a thing, though their connection to the Phoenix Force, plus the inclusion of Wakandan Gentle might be a pretty interesting dynamic.
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone construes the likely personality conflicts they'll have as belligerent sexual tension .

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    On another thread I have posted my idea that the Atlanteans are possibly an offshoot of Inhumans, in the manner that the Centaurians and Bird- peoples have been shown to be. The basic idea that for whatever reasons (I know there were stories but I don't believe I read them), the DNA of these types of Inhumans "stabilized" till they became their own race.

I don't believe it has been shown that Centaurs or Bird folks of Inhuman origin have been exposed/re-exposed to Terrigen mists and what might / did happen.

At any rate I remember a person or two were fairly adamant that Atlanteans are in no way related to Inhumans, but then

what are they?

In all my ponderings through the handbooks, wiki's are other sources, I only come up with they are their own race; Homo Mermanus or whatever.

But come on, they just somehow evolved that way from Human stock? That just doesn't happen in the MU.

I remember stories from a few decades back that put Deviants/culture with Atlantis, but can't find that or its significance.

Either way, imho, Atlanteans must owe something of their origin to Inhuman/Kree or Deviant/Eternal/Celestial experiments.

This would, in no way detract from Namor being a mutant as well, isn't it from his human side that the x-gene would come from?

Speculation, please begin. (or arguments)
    I've seen theories suggesting Atlanteans could've been among the first to evolve from Kree who had chosen to tamper with Earth species natural evolution. Would explain the blue skin. Would also explain why there are so few pureblood Atlanteans who also possess an x-gene. Crosta's the only one I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone construes the likely personality conflicts they'll have as belligerent sexual tension .
    Seems to be the wave.

It's made searching "Black Panther Namor" tags very difficult :P

Upcoming Reading:

Namor confirmed for X-MEN: RED!

Great to see Namor back working with the X-Men again. Never felt like that ever had proper closure. Maybe we'll get some explanation.
    This is excellent news! Hope Namor gets a lot of love, stays away from Emma, and adds some Storm into his life! I will settle ith really great stories featuring him though.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I've seen theories suggesting Atlanteans could've been among the first to evolve from Kree who had chosen to tamper with Earth species natural evolution. Would explain the blue skin. Would also explain why there are so few pureblood Atlanteans who also possess an x-gene. Crosta's the only one I can think of.

Seems to be the wave.

It's made searching "Black Panther Namor" tags very difficult :P
    Ahh, yes. I may have come across that myself. We know that Malestrom is half-Deviant and half-Inhuman. Inhumans with their very long history in the MU, were known to be in some of these communities -or as you say a theory we've come across. So - even by 'accident', we know that Kree/Celestial experiments could cross-pollinate. Probably as long as the base factor is some sort of Earthian 'human' ?

Over thousands of years, Namor could not be the only / recent mixed offspring, I would think. So a human/humans may have passed x-gene potential onto Atlantean populations over many thousands of years.

My guess would be that the physiology of Atlanteans and the DNA / genes that support that may be very dominant genes and thus not very open to expression.

Atlantean with mutant power to breathe/produce fire.... not going to happen.

Atlantean with increased strength/invulnerability ....probably could.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This is excellent news! Hope Namor gets a lot of love, stays away from Emma, and adds some Storm into his life! I will settle ith really great stories featuring him though.
    Namor and Storm would likely cause the most heated shipping war on these boards ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Ahh, yes. I may have come across that myself. We know that Malestrom is half-Deviant and half-Inhuman. Inhumans with their very long history in the MU, were known to be in some of these communities -or as you say a theory we've come across. So - even by 'accident', we know that Kree/Celestial experiments could cross-pollinate. Probably as long as the base factor is some sort of Earthian 'human' ?

Over thousands of years, Namor could not be the only / recent mixed offspring, I would think. So a human/humans may have passed x-gene potential onto Atlantean populations over many thousands of years.

My guess would be that the physiology of Atlanteans and the DNA / genes that support that may be very dominant genes and thus not very open to expression.

Atlantean with mutant power to breathe/produce fire.... not going to happen.

Atlantean with increased strength/invulnerability ....probably could.
    From my limited understanding of evolutionary biology, one could assume something like the X-gene had existed a long time ago and may have affected Atlanteans in the early stages of their evolution, eventually normalizing into the baseline Atlanteans of today. Could explain why the Atlanteans possess super strength, immunity to most diseases, enhanced lifespan, adaptation, etc. The laws of natural suggestion suggest that potential Atlantean mutants with desirable or advantageous underwater powers would eventually become the dominant species and basically reform the Atlantean gene pool.

Could also explain why being crossbred with humans tend to jump start an x-gene in half-Atlanteans, generally creating alpha level mutants with almost identical powersets. Dominant genes tend to "streamline" the products, which would explain why Namor and Namora both possess almost the exact powersets despite having completely different lineage.

Upcoming Reading:

Namor and Biology?

Come back, Chief Jon! Come back!

These are cool thoughts. You've given a good explanation for why Atlanteans may not be Inhumans/stabilized over time. I still like my idea but yours also has thought and possible-ness to it.