Page 555 of 631 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    If they decide to go that route I'd hope that they would make sure that he's being manipulated (maybe by Doom or someone), we know Namor is prideful and egotistical but by in large the MCU audience aren't big comic readers like most of us and would probably not care much for an villain like Namor to be an ally unless it was played right because he might wind up being a less likable Loki.
    According to his own story, once he regained his memories, what prompts his assault on humanity is the fact he believes Atlantis had been destroyed by it. I think you can easily establish a narrative in which Krang used the Serpent Crown to make Namor amnesiac decades ago after a big battle, and he slowly is able to piece it together over the course of the movie. Perhaps the Serpent Crown becomes the central focus of a future Avengers movie, with Namor heavily involved. This could establish Namor as an uneasy ally as well as a sympathetic villain.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I should be jumping for joy about Namor getting another figure but the fact that he is tied to BP just makes me very worried. That character needs to stay far far away from anything related to BP. Never turns out well for Namor.

Great for BP though.
    It's just a promotion for the Kings line, which Black Bolt was a part of too. Later expanded to include more figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Both Black Panther and Aquaman are getting movies first and outside of Hickman's run it's hard to even remember the last great Submariner arch... Atlantis attacks?
    Hard to say which arc since it's been so long. The last great run was probably his mini The Deep though. Very different take.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 01-08-2018 at 07:19 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Namor is set to have an appearance in the next issue of Rise of the Black Panther. He's even featured on the cover.

Apparently this will detail the first meeting between the two. That could be beneficial to the character, especially if he's portrayed well since that issue comes out right around the time BP's movie is released.

Some people may go looking for Black Panther books after the film if it's as good as I'm hoping and Namor could end up with a lot of eyes on him.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Namor is set to have an appearance in the next issue of Rise of the Black Panther. He's even featured on the cover.

Apparently this will detail the first meeting between the two. That could be beneficial to the character, especially if he's portrayed well since that issue comes out right around the time BP's movie is released.

Some people may go looking for Black Panther books after the film if it's as good as I'm hoping and Namor could end up with a lot of eyes on him.
    I really liked the first issue. My hope is Namor is portrayed well, but it's Black Panther's book and story, so I'm cautiously optimistic. He could easily be used as an expense, but we'll see. It's been a long while since the two have had a respectful meeting.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I really liked the first issue. My hope is Namor is portrayed well, but it's Black Panther's book and story, so I'm cautiously optimistic. He could easily be used as an expense, but we'll see. It's been a long while since the two have had a respectful meeting.
    I actually think Namor will be used to teach T'challa a lesson in Statecraft.

I think this is supposed to be his first major diplomatic meeting, and as a young king I think he'd learn more by being outmaneuvered, which may help move toward the chess master version of T'challa fans know.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

People tend to forget before Hickman, BP and Namor have immense respect for each other.

I think this is supposed to be his first major diplomatic meeting, and as a young king I think he'd learn more by being outmaneuvered, which may help move toward the chess master version of T'challa fans know.
    I hope so too. Namor's been around since King T'Chaka so he should have a trick or two to impart on T'Challa.
    I'd be more than happy to see Namor see the potential in a young BP.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

It's entirely possible, though I know fans including myself are hungry for a T'Challa who is competent given some of Coates' work. Though it would be interesting to see what T'challa thinks of Atlantis. It's my assumption that a young Namor would come off as more brash, given that this meeting may happen closer to a time where Namor was more revered as an enemy of the surface following his confrontations with the Fantastic Four. It's hard to say where on the sliding timescale both characters will be during this meeting. Hopefully, both are portrayed with some depth.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 01-09-2018 at 06:54 AM.

Upcoming Reading:

It's entirely possible, though I know fans including myself are hungry for a T'Challa who is competent given some of Coates' work. Though it would be interesting to see what T'challa thinks of Atlantis. It's my assumption that a young Namor would come off as more brash, given that this meeting may happen closer to a time where Namor was more revered as an enemy of the surface following his confrontations with the Fantastic Four. It's hard to say where on the sliding timescale both characters will be during this meeting. Hopefully, both are portrayed with some depth.
    For BP this should be at least 10 years ago. He was already king when he met the FF so assuming they left 10 years ago I'd place this a couple years before that.

This means if we use (now) Namor has been around more or less for about 85+ years. I don't think he'd qualify as young, maybe by atlantean standards.

What is their life expectancy anyway? I've always clocked Namor as later 30s (comparatively), so if we assume he is actually around 100 he should presumably get up to about 250-300, right?

That would be an extremely interesting "The End" story to tell.
    Pull List:

For BP this should be at least 10 years ago. He was already king when he met the FF so assuming they left 10 years ago I'd place this a couple years before that.

This means if we use (now) Namor has been around more or less for about 85+ years. I don't think he'd qualify as young, maybe by atlantean standards.

What is their life expectancy anyway? I've always clocked Namor as later 30s (comparatively), so if we assume he is actually around 100 he should presumably get up to about 250-300, right?

That would be an extremely interesting "The End" story to tell.
    There was a long stretch where he was an amnesiac though. It's hard to say with the sliding timescale how long he was an amnesiac for. BP met the F4 fairly early in their career (#52? #54?). Relatively speaking, Johnny would've discovered the Amnesiac Namor not too long before that (#4?). Although experienced prior to becoming an amnesiac, he would only recently have returned to his kingdom.

With Namor, it's hard to say how old he would get. Regular Atlanteans I think live around 200 years and are immune to almost all types of disease. Namor could possibly live a lot longer than that, though I've never seen him depicted as aged in any other stories outside Earth X, where Captain America was an old man and Namor was only just starting to grey at the temples.

I really liked Earth X Namor...
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 01-09-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Upcoming Reading:

In the past some have used the date 2/22/22, February 22nd, 1922 or possibly 1920 (meaning 19 or 21-ish in WW2) as his birthdate. Not sure why, but it was noted that is a Pisces birthday - Fish!

Namor must have went amnesiac somewhere in the mid to late '50s. He was published around than, as 'current' not looking at flashbacks so much.

So with sliding time scale, he was amnesiac from 1960-ish till around the first years of the 21st century -- - 40 years! Hmmmmm?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It's taking me a while to get back into the swing of things here. Hopefully I can catch up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    In the past some have used the date 2/22/22, February 22nd, 1922 or possibly 1920 (meaning 19 or 21-ish in WW2) as his birthdate. Not sure why, but it was noted that is a Pisces birthday - Fish!

Namor must have went amnesiac somewhere in the mid to late '50s. He was published around than, as 'current' not looking at flashbacks so much.

So with sliding time scale, he was amnesiac from 1960-ish till around the first years of the 21st century -- - 40 years! Hmmmmm?
    I never thought of the Pisces thing. Good catch. I was thinking Namor's birthday was Christmas?

I think the sliding timescale is supposed to keep the Hobo Namor era down to it's original length, or close to. It can't be longer than 7 years, given his last Golden Age appearance and his first Silver Age appearance, but I believe it's actually substantially less. The heir to a kingdom is NOT going to go missing for 7 years, much less 40+ years.

That said ...

Namor's 'history' is definitely problematic because he is tied to WWII, and worse, people from that era (the Golden Age) have actually appeared in the Silver Age or later. It's been made worse by a few period stories in the last five years or so, that have had Hobo Namor guest star or had him mentioned.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Namor's 'history' is definitely problematic because he is tied to WWII, and worse, people from that era (the Golden Age) have actually appeared in the Silver Age or later. It's been made worse by a few period stories in the last five years or so, that have had Hobo Namor guest star or had him mentioned.
    I don't know if anyone's read X-Men: Grand Design, but every mention of Namor has been plagued by continuity errors.

Upcoming Reading:

I don't know if anyone's read X-Men: Grand Design, but every mention of Namor has been plagued by continuity errors.
    I've been peaking at and its pretty much the same way for every character. My hope is that it's not considered in continuity but some alternate but similar reality book.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Namor got mentioned in Avengers #675 by Rogue. "Anyone got Namor on speed dial?" she says.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

At least there is that line.

Poll on the Xboards are saying Namors gonna get with Jean. What's interesting is that he's being considered Emma's sloppy seconds and a horn dog, as well as worry, because Tom has said he wants to tell a Namor story that he will over shadow the X-men in Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    At least there is that line.

Poll on the Xboards are saying Namors gonna get with Jean. What's interesting is that he's being considered Emma's sloppy seconds and a horn dog, as well as worry, because Tom has said he wants to tell a Namor story that he will over shadow the X-men in Red.

This makes me sad.

Can someone please give Namor an original love interest?