Page 563 of 631 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Such a great artist...
    I think both Marie Severin and Bill Everett are horribly underrated. Everett was a pioneer in comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Alex Ross cover for the upcoming Captain America #1 ... And His Highness and the Invaders at the top.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mike Deodato's box art for the latest Marvel Legends action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Alex Ross cover for the upcoming Captain America #1 ... And His Highness and the Invaders at the top.

Ross at his very best!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Ross at his very best!
    Anything by Ross is going to be lovely art. However, I usually find alot of Ross' newer Marvel art to be a bit more cluttered or not as strong composition wise as his classic DC art. I'm not sure why that is. This one also reminds me a little bit of Steranko's classic Cap print.

I'm getting the feeling that we probably won't have a Namor story in the X-Men Red series, and may not see much of him at all.

From a recent CBR interview with Tom Taylor.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-red-jean-g...r-interview/2/

Lets talk about the team Jean surrounds herself with starting with probably one of the most unlikely candidates, Namor. What made you want to bring the Sub-Mariner into the book?

TT: I wanted to bring him in because we needed the ruler of another nation. What we’re doing here involves big ideas. We needed someone like Namor. He’s the ruler of the seas. He’s the ruler of Atlantis. Jean needed that backing behind her before she could go to the U.N. And she’ll need that backing again going forward.

He’s such a big player. It’s not that he’s there to punch guys in the face, as we’ve seen. He’s here because he’s a king.

So in a way you’re playing up his dual heritage as both an Atlantean monarch and a mutant.

TT: Exactly, and as you saw in the first issue he basically tells Jean that he doesn’t have time to be one of the X-Men. He has a lot going on. But he’s still there when they need him.
    So, Namor such a "big player," his role is going to be back up player?

Though I do agree with the second statement. Namor is ruler of Atlantis, he doesn't have time to be an X-Men. It's disappointing, unless Marvel actually plans to give us a book with Namor BEING ruler of Atlantis.

Also, I don't think there will be much of Namor in X-Men Red #2, according to this preview:

https://comicsverse.com/x-men-red-2-exclusive-preview/

spoilers:
    Luckily, Jean, Laura Kinney AKA Wolverine, Gabby Kinney AKA Gabby Kinney, and Kurt Wagner AKA Nightcrawler, have escaped to Wakanda where T’Challa offers them asylum.

It is tempting for Jean and her friends to stay in the paradisaical Wakanda. Yet if we know anything about Jean, it’s that she’ll never stop fighting for what’s right. She soon learns of a mutant named Trinary who is locked up in a high-security prison in India. Jean is fast to volunteer to save her. Yet when this prison has not only guards but Sentinels as security, you’ll know that the X-Men will have a challenge on their hands. Will Jean, Laura, Kurt, and Gabby rescue Trinary in X-MEN: RED #2?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-02-2018 at 12:45 AM.

This is from two weeks ago, so I'm not sure if any 'letters' will be in time for X-Men #3, but there's always #4.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...70384399523840

Last edited by Reviresco; 03-02-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Mike Deodato's box art for the latest Marvel Legends action figure.

Hey, Reviresco!

Great Namor pic. He is lookin' good at 75 and very muscular. I also love Namor with the Invaders.

This is from two weeks ago, so I'm not sure if any 'letters' will be in time for X-Men #3, but there's always #4.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...70384399523840

Tempted!

I think both Marie Severin and Bill Everett are horribly underrated. Everett was a pioneer in comics.
    100% agreed. Severin in particular is criminally overlooked. And I rarely ever hear Everett when people talk Daredevil, whom he co-created.

I do wonder if Coates will attempt to write Namor. Admittedly, I'm a bit worried about it considering what I think has been a lacklustre handling of Black Panther thus far.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Tempted!

100% agreed. Severin in particular is criminally overlooked. And I rarely ever hear Everett when people talk Daredevil, whom he co-created.

I do wonder if Coates will attempt to write Namor. Admittedly, I'm a bit worried about it considering what I think has been a lacklustre handling of Black Panther thus far.

I am also thinking of writing in. But I think I should write a couple of people, like the new EiC. Namor is long overdue for another book.

That's true. Part of it is due to Everett not sticking with DD, and Kirby, IIRC, having to help out with the drawing. But the basic concept of DD, him being blind, did come from Everett's daughter having vision problems, I believe.

Severin did alot of cover layouts of that time also, which isn't recognized either. She also was the a main colorist. And then there's her satirical / cartooning work for the humor magazines. An all around talented lady, also ahead of her time.

I hope not, on Coates. Though, right now, I'm not that impressed by Marvel's writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey, Reviresco!

Great Namor pic. He is lookin' good at 75 and very muscular. I also love Namor with the Invaders.
    Hi, Phoenixx9!

I usually like Deodato's Namor. This looks really sharp on the action figure box.

I have to agree! Namor is good in most Invaders books. I really wish we'd gotten to see Namor in Agent Carter, or the first Cap movie.

A minimalist take on Namor.

Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Works for me!
    I find those eyebrows particularly awesome.

Abe, I found that Parisian artist I couldn't remember. His name is Fred Ian. I think he's done two superhero gallery shows!

http://www.fred-ian.com/fr/accueil.html