Page 569 of 631 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Thinking about it, I wouldn't mind Namor and Atlantis to finally have a Queen. I think he's one of the few characters I could see potentially benefiting off of being married as far as character growth is concerned. Would allow him to believably have adventures outside of Atlantis while having it under capable hands.

I liked Lady Dorma, but while think Sub-Mariner comics were decades ahead of its time, her character I feel still suffered from comic writing being a product of its generation. I think these days, writers have a much better understanding of how to write women. A modern Lady Dorma could potentially be a force to be reckoned with. And with Namor's obvious infatuation with strong women, I feel like that could be a really great relationship in this day and age.
    A Namor marriage would be pretty awesome. If handled correctly.

However, right now the only lady I could see Namor actually benefiting from, who isn't a new character, is Storm. Both Namor and Storm are both characters that would benefit being pulled throughly out of the boxes they have been written in todays Marvel Universe. With Storm at Namor side we would get a woman who could challenge him and bring out Namors more gentle side, while at the same time would allow him to be ferris when he needed to be. Storm on the other hand would benefit from getting a door way to multiple areas of the MU. Avengers, Defenders, Invaders, you name it Namor has some connection to it in some form or fashion, which will allow the transition to be easy. And she would get the added perk of being Queen. But thats just my opinion.

It should be noted I only ship two couples in the MU. Namor and Storm . Iron Fist a.k.a Danny Rand and Phoenix a.k.a Jean Grey, with this one solely due to the Chinese legend/myth of the Dragon and Phoenix in Chinese culture. I felt like I should clarify that, so I don't look like a crazy shipper person.....I'm not helping my case though so I'm going to stop typing now.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Just imagine the shitstorm that Otoro marrying the guy that killed so many Wakandians would cause.

If written correctly people would get over after awhile. She is already getting crap now for leaving Wakanda, T'Challa, and kick T'Challa's a$@ so the added difference would be marginal at best.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-21-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

They were already a couple in another Earth,- but I don't see that with 616 Storm at all.

Just go for someone who isn't currently in a relationship.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    They were already a couple in another Earth,- but I don't see that with 616 Storm at all.

I think an new characyer would work put really well. In Defenders it was showen that there were other types “tribes” of underwater people that didn’t live in Atlantis but respected it as the capital, while respecting Namor as king of the ocean. Maybe one of those “tribes”(not sure what else to call them) could have a female leader that would interest Namor.

Incredible Member

X-MEN RED #7

TOM TAYLOR (W), CARMEN CARNERO (A) COVER BY JENNY FRISON HEADSHOT VARAINT COVER BY TRAVIS CHAREST RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ

Attack on Atlantis! One of the X-Men's greatest foes comes calling on the undersea kingdom, determined to bring about their end!

Fingers Crossed that X-Men Red #7 isn't another Atlantis is destroyed story. That plot thread is beyond old.

Excited by the idea of a Namor centric story though.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

he is cool in x men red
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    A Namor marriage would be pretty awesome. If handled correctly.

However, right now the only lady I could see Namor actually benefiting from, who isn't a new character, is Storm. Both Namor and Storm are both characters that would benefit being pulled throughly out of the boxes they have been written in todays Marvel Universe. With Storm at Namor side we would get a woman who could challenge him and bring out Namors more gentle side, while at the same time would allow him to be ferris when he needed to be. Storm on the other hand would benefit from getting a door way to multiple areas of the MU. Avengers, Defenders, Invaders, you name it Namor has some connection to it in some form or fashion, which will allow the transition to be easy. And she would get the added perk of being Queen. But thats just my opinion.

It should be noted I only ship two couples in the MU. Namor and Storm . Iron Fist a.k.a Danny Rand and Phoenix a.k.a Jean Grey, with this one solely due to the Chinese legend/myth of the Dragon and Phoenix in Chinese culture. I felt like I should clarify that, so I don't look like a crazy shipper person.....I'm not helping my case though so I'm going to stop typing now.
    That would be a pretty interesting pairing, but I don't see it happening. Even if Black Panther fans are divided in regards to Storm, that would definitely seem like a shallow attempt to incite fan reaction on Marvel's part. I'm sure a good writer could find a reason for it to happen, but I'd doubt I could believe the two would fall in love given Namor's history with Wakanda.

Age of X iirc. And it was Namor who asked Emma Frost to erase that from their memories. Could you imagine the awkwardness of them having remembered though? Would imagine Namor would bring it up to T'Challa during New Avengers at some point. Just to get under his skin.

I think an new characyer would work put really well. In Defenders it was showen that there were other types “tribes” of underwater people that didn’t live in Atlantis but respected it as the capital, while respecting Namor as king of the ocean. Maybe one of those “tribes”(not sure what else to call them) could have a female leader that would interest Namor.
    I had some thoughts swirling in my head after watching Game of Thrones that Namor could even take on multiple wives from royalty for the sake of expanding Atlantis, but I doubt that would roll over well with some. Alternatively, Namor marrying an empress from outside the Confederacy of Atlantis could prompt the rest of the ocean's kingdoms to fall in line under one protective blanket as well.

Surely, someone could write a believable story that could make that a plausible outcome, especially considering all the news lately about the Pacific Garbage Patch and how plastic is destroying our oceans. Would seem logical that Namor, Atlantis, and the rest of the undersea kingdoms would eventually think enough is enough and band together. Or maybe it's Namor who decides to begin a hostile takeover of other kingdoms? I'd imagine some kingdoms wouldn't want to play nice with Atlantis no matter what was at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    X-MEN RED #7

TOM TAYLOR (W), CARMEN CARNERO (A) COVER BY JENNY FRISON HEADSHOT VARAINT COVER BY TRAVIS CHAREST RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ

Attack on Atlantis! One of the X-Men's greatest foes comes calling on the undersea kingdom, determined to bring about their end!
    I really hope it isn't another Atlantis Falls story... Seems like everyone's been able to take a shot at the highly advanced, undersea kingdom surrounded by miles of ocean without much trouble lately. Hopefully a chance to actually showcase a competent Atlantis for once.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 05-22-2018 at 07:11 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

My reading on Namor is sporadic but I have noticed the later years don't feature many unique humanoid sea types anymore. So the one staying species has been the Lemurians.

Oh yeah, then that one arc where his short-term love interest turned into a light-being and said she couldn't be with him.
    Had my eyes rolling into the back of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    That would be a pretty interesting pairing, but I don't see it happening. Even if Black Panther fans are divided in regards to Storm, that would definitely seem like a shallow attempt to incite fan reaction on Marvel's part. I'm sure a good writer could find a reason for it to happen, but I'd doubt I could believe the two would fall in love given Namor's history with Wakanda.

Age of X iirc. And it was Namor who asked Emma Frost to erase that from their memories. Could you imagine the awkwardness of them having remembered though? Would imagine Namor would bring it up to T'Challa during New Avengers at some point. Just to get under his skin.
    Maybe a random Wakandan is into that sort of thing that Namor provides.

I find that interesting since it would be something he would use to gloat over. Then again he has a lot of respect for her.
    Last edited by Bunai; 05-25-2018 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Additional
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

My reading on Namor is sporadic but I have noticed the later years don't feature many unique humanoid sea types anymore. So the one staying species has been the Lemurians.

Oh yeah, then that one arc where his short-term love interest turned into a light-being and said she couldn't be with him.
    Had my eyes rolling into the back of my head.
    Definitely on board with seeing more undersea civilizations interact with the Atlanteans. We've only ever seen sporadic use of this otherwise blank slate.

Maybe a random Wakandan is into that sort of thing that Namor provides.

I find that interesting since it would be something he would use to gloat over. Then again he has a lot of respect for her.
    It's funny you mention Wakandans identifying with Namor.

I actually thought Michael B. Jordan's Kilmonger had a lot of attributes that reminded me of Namor.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Hi folks. Glad this place is still kicking. Glad Namor is alive again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yikes!!!! Not liking hippie Namor here.

And I'll go on record again, saying that I'm not fond of how Namor has been treated since his inclusion into the X-Men.

Honestly, I think it just takes away from his unique-ness.

I'd rather he be considered a hybrid than a mutant.
    I agree. Never liked the whole Mutant change.

I'm reading through some older Namor comics- and it seems every writer after Everett hated Lady Dorma. What for?
    She even betrayed him. We ignored it and blamed it on bad or indifferent writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Read through the John Bryne Namor run (wasn't a big fan) but the Marvel Masterpieces (near the tale end of volume 1) and so far I'm digging it a lot. I wish Marvel would re-establish Namor properly into the Marvel Universe, so much untapped potential with the Kingdom of Atlantis. I think Marvel should reintroduce fans to Namor like the Hulk with Avengers: No Surrender. They should also utilize his connections with the Hulk, Doctor Strange, Blue Marvel, Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four instead of shoehorning him into the X-Men. Namor is one of the oldest Marvel characters with a lot of history to delve into, and I think Marvel is missing out on a great opportunity with this character and the Marvel Universe.
    Excellent plan. They are all interesting and mature enough to be included in Namor plots. Blue Marvel did live under the ocean for a long time.

Astonishing Member

So I figured people are wanting to see Namor in more of a Namor setting not tagging along side the X-men that I would share an idea I had for a story. So some celebration honouring Poseidon when Oceanus appears with Attuma and his horde for those who don't know Oceanus he was the Titan's God of the Sea before the Olympians won the war and Poseidon took over. Anyways they arrive and challenge them to an end war for the sea, but bring up to qualify both sides must recruit 6 other sea Gods. So ya Namor must explore other pantheons find a way to bring their God of the Sea under Poseidon's banner and fight in an end war. Other characters to include would be many sea heroes joining Poseidon like Triton, Marrina, and Stingray while aquatic villains joining Oceanus. Thoughts?

I would like for Namor to be with an Atlantean. Lady Dorma coming back would be nice. Or a new character is cool too. I just want it to be someone from his own mythos. I want him to move past Sue for good.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I would like for Namor to be with an Atlantean. Lady Dorma coming back would be nice. Or a new character is cool too. I just want it to be someone from his own mythos. I want him to move past Sue for good.
    A Lady Dorma resurrection is long overdue. I get really nostalgic for the Sub-Mariner series from back in the day. I loved that book. It concentrated on Atlantean politics and characters, and had great opponents for Namor (Tiger-Shark, Stingray, Orca etc.). I would like a return of that kind of book for him.