Page 572 of 631 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    watchcartoononline.io They have all "The Merry Marvel Marching Society" on there. Bad quality, it was bad to begin with but, most of the other stuff is high quality.
    These are bad quality but at least they are complete and in order. I think they are great and deserve to be collected and offered in digital or bluray.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Why do you say that? I think the potential is there.
    Personally....I feel Jason Aaron specializes in overly aggressive/gory/mature books. That nature seeps into his other tittles in some form and while those elements can work for Namor, I think with the current climate ,as a character,Namor is in that is not what he needs. But I do believe that is the route Aaron would take him in.

Right now Namor needs to be written in a way and by someone who respects the balance of him. The regal king and the fierce warrior. The man who stops everything he is doing to save a helpless duckling but would still wipe out a city if someone endangered the people he loves. More so then that the character needs a writer who will redeem him from the gutter current marvel writers have trapped him. Namor needs redemption and writer who can bring that to the character while respecting the fact that Namor as a character need not apologize for anything.

Robinson would be a good and my first choice to write the character but I’m open to others of cource. But thats me.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-28-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    These are bad quality but at least they are complete and in order. I think they are great and deserve to be collected and offered in digital or bluray.
    I rewatch them from time to time. For Nostalgia. I remember rushing home from school ( Kindergarten-1st grade) to see them. I think Aaron would be good on a Namor solo book. Or even a Teen-Aged Namor book like he did with Loki a few years back. That was Aaron wasn't it? Maybe in the 1930s?

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    I rewatch them from time to time. For Nostalgia. I remember rushing home from school ( Kindergarten-1st grade) to see them. I think Aaron would be good on a Namor solo book. Or even a Teen-Aged Namor book like he did with Loki a few years back. That was Aaron wasn't it? Maybe in the 1930s?
    I thought that was Al Ewing and Kier Gillen(spelling?).

Don't think Aaron wrote a solo Loki(could be wrong), though he has written a lot of solo Thor.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I thought that was Al Ewing and Kier Gillen(spelling?).

Don't think Aaron wrote a solo Loki(could be wrong), though he has written a lot of solo Thor.
    Oh yes. Sorry. You are right. That was Journey Into Mystery with Keiron Gillen writing. Wonderful books. He would be great on Namor. As long as he didn't pull any gender bending. Too much of that would annoy me. On Namor anyway.I realize Atlanteans might have a different view on sexual matters but, I've never really liked sex and Marvel. Or sex and DC for that matter. Old fashioned. I want heroics and battles not romance. A little romance is OK.

To me comics are a lot like Soap Operas. Roles change, usually from Abused to Abuser to Redemptionist. In no particular order btw. I don't mind stories that feature sexual romantic things, but they should not be overplaying it. Some of my most favorite stories of Namor are the ones with romance - and I don't even have to think about Sue in this matter. Dorma, even Diane Arliss' attraction to Namor was a significant story arc for me. Others later are not as memorable. But maybe it was John Buscema's drawings of women. Always beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    To me comics are a lot like Soap Operas. Roles change, usually from Abused to Abuser to Redemptionist. In no particular order btw. I don't mind stories that feature sexual romantic things, but they should not be overplaying it. Some of my most favorite stories of Namor are the ones with romance - and I don't even have to think about Sue in this matter. Dorma, even Diane Arliss' attraction to Namor was a significant story arc for me. Others later are not as memorable. But maybe it was John Buscema's drawings of women. Always beautiful.
    That is how I explained them to my housekeeper. She is from Costa Rica. She thinks it's funny that I read comics (at my advanced age) I told her they are stories about people that I have followed since I was a kid. We age and they do not. I follow their careers and lives. I told her they are like Telenovelas. She understands that. Her mother is addicted.

Exactly! She gets it. My son (35) has said for years that wrestling, WWF or whatever, are "soap operas for men" which of course sounds silly since lots of female fans out there too, but people like serialized adventures. People begged Conan Doyle to bring back Sherlock after he killed him off. Things like that. While at times there is the forbidden elements aspect (mostly sexual tension/romantic tension that never seems resolved), relationships or secrets.

There are 3 main roles for most characters with ongoing arcs; Abuser, Abused, and Redemptionist. There is no set pattern on order or time spent in those modes. Some characters are not extremely brought into their possible alternate roles and some are much more often.

This has probably been asked a lot before, but what are the best Namor books? I really like the character and I want to read more stuff with him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    This has probably been asked a lot before, but what are the best Namor books? I really like the character and I want to read more stuff with him in.
    Illuminati One-Shot was a good showing.

I liked "Sub-Mariner: Revolution"(Set after then first Civil War),

His time during Hickmans New Avengers run was good
    Last edited by Cville; 07-08-2018 at 08:03 PM.

I like the book Prince Namor, The Savage Sub-Mariner....issues in the #50s with Bill Everett. Everett died right after this run. I was a kid then. Bill created Namor, of course.

And the 1950s Bill Everett Namor work he did for Atlas in Sub-Mariner, and other books (some feel this is his best art.....maybe. I like his last efforts before he died as well.)

Fantastic Four # 4 and #6. And any early FF run book with Namor.

In the Golden Age, The Timely Comic Books, Submariner. Marvel Comics #1, Marvel Mystery Comics, Often in Human Torch issues. Namora etc...

Avengers #4 was an important issue. Namor found Cap in the ice.

I love him in the 1970s book The Defenders. First in Doctor Strange 183, Subby 22, The Incredible Hulk 126, Marvel Feature 1, 2, 3 starred the Defenders. Then Defenders got their own book. Hawkeye, and Black Knight joined. So original three...Steven, Namor, Hulk then Barbara Norriss...The Valkyrie and Norrin Radd...Silver Surfer...Then Clint and Dane.

He has several times teamed up with Dr Doom....like FF #6. Then....

Marvel Super Villains Team Up, a comic from the 1970s after Price Namor, The Savage Sub-Mariner, his solo book, ended.

Sub-Mariner #14 was an important book when we were young. The return of Toro, the Original Human Torch's' Golden Age, Timely Comics, side kick and member of the Invaders and All Winners Squad.

Astonishing Member

We all know who would be number one
    Last edited by Noek; 07-09-2018 at 01:12 PM.

^^^^Nice video Noek. ^^^^ Loved 'Nita when I was a teen.And Bill created her.