Page 579 of 631 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589629 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 9460
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Did you mean Llyron? That was proven that he was only Namor's nephew because at the time Namor was canonically sterile and Llyra had slept with one of Mckenzie's descendants and then aged him up with science, unless you meant Kamar? But he was killed in the 2007 sub-mariner series. I can only recall these as his 616 offspring: fake son revealed to be nephew and then dead son. Other AU kids I don't think hold much weight unless they brought someone new in.

I personally think that Marvel is just pushing Namor cause of Aquaman, which I don't care so long as I get some good writing. Also Aaron has already messed up his characterization, he wouldn't have killed Stringray just for disagreeing with him, and teaming up with Tiger Shark, his father's Killer? I was like Nope. I already have a bad feeling about this, but I am so excited for the Defenders reunion and the new Invaders!
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 10-07-2018 at 09:19 PM.

More like someone 'similar' to Kamar but not of this Earth.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Reasons why Namor isn't mentioned in Avengers Assemble.

https://twitter.com/JerrellZod/statu...41500438056960
    Hi @GeoffThorne. I luv the @DisneyXD show Avengers #BlackPanthersQuest. I don't know if you'll answer, but I have a question in last week's episode that #Marvel character Attuma was king of Atlantis. Is there a reason why #Namor was not used or did Attuma better fit your story?
    https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...94455451181058
    THANKS!
    1) We've been working on the show for about 2 years. When we started, MARVEL didn't have the rights to use most characters associated with the Fantastic Four. Namor wasn't available.
    2. Attuma has less character baggage, so we can play him the way we want to. & we do. 😉
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Thanks for the links Bunai! I guess that it could be another world's 'kamar' or Namor but we just have to wait until more is revealed.

i woudl imagine namor fans will love Avengers today
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Not really. I may have enjoyed it more if the Stingray scene wasn't there, or if the issue had a better writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    I'm pretty sure they have the rights to the FF and Namor, at least for animation, but because of the movie rights they don't use them in the cartoons.

(And I would think Attuma would have more character baggage considering he was already prominently in early seasons of Avengers Assemble).

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Avengers writer: “Look! Namor’s evil now!”

Me:

Seriously. If T’Challa was doing this they would have just been like, “hey, seems a little excessive, maybe not do that?”
    “No.”
    “All right we’ll be on our way.”

On a side note, does anybody know what Namor means in Secret Wars where he says, “Actually, I’d assumed everybody would prefer it be me this time?” It’s the scene with Doom and the Infinity Gauntlet.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Avengers writer: “Look! Namor’s evil now!”
    I don't think that's what Aaron is saying at all. He's saying that Namor is a real threat and he's done playing nice.

But while some of his actions could certainly be deemed wrong, Aaron makes a case that Namor is not evil so much as he is simply cutting ties with the surface world and dealing with things on his own terms, with no apologies and no compromise.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't think that's what Aaron is saying at all. He's saying that Namor is a real threat and he's done playing nice.

But while some of his actions could certainly be deemed wrong, Aaron makes a case that Namor is not evil so much as he is simply cutting ties with the surface world and dealing with things on his own terms, with no apologies and no compromise.
    Well, the Avengers are certainly treating him that way, merely for trying to maintain the sovereignty of his broken, hurting nation.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    i woudl imagine namor fans will love Avengers today
    I was good up until near the end. They will not let that trope die. Lol. Might as well separate Namor from Atlantis altogether. Aaron has been doing it with Thor for a while now And it seems to work. And the writing is kinda weak.

Im going to get this off my chest and then be done with it.....

Writers today do not understand or seem to care to understand Namor. They would rather him be this one note villain then the complex character, with a sever duel nature that makes you question who is right and who is wrong, as he has been in the past. The current Avengers depiction of Namor is by far the most extreme deviation I have seen of Namor in a very long time. The current Marvel teams apl seem content on giving readers surface level trash and then expect us to be happy about it and really to say the least I am really about done with it. My pull list is literally down to one book and that is barely holding on as is.

Namor is more and can be more than an under water war lord and Atlantis can be more than just the city that gets blown up when you need to insert big drama. New Flash Marvel when you blow up a fictional city every time you bother to visit it, the drama is no longer there and it is not impresive. When you play a character as just a villian without showing the character emotional depth or the people he is standing up for (thinking bystandards, children, ordinary Atlanteans) and only show them seeking vengance and blood you create a monster to be slain. Not a character to be rooted for or take interest in. So thank you Aaron and Marvel for once again butchering your first hero and another classic marvel character.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

Writers today do not understand or seem to care to understand Namor. They would rather him be this one note villain then the complex character, with a sever duel nature that makes you question who is right and who is wrong, as he has been in the past. The current Avengers depiction of Namor is by far the most extreme deviation I have seen of Namor in a very long time. The current Marvel teams apl seem content on giving readers surface level trash and then expect us to be happy about it and really to say the least I am really about done with it. My pull list is literally down to one book and that is barely holding on as is.

Namor is more and can be more than an under water war lord and Atlantis can be more than just the city that gets blown up when you need to insert big drama. New Flash Marvel when you blow up a fictional city every time you bother to visit it, the drama is no longer there and it is not impresive. When you play a character as just a villian without showing the character emotional depth or the people he is standing up for (thinking bystandards, children, ordinary Atlanteans) and only show them seeking vengance and blood you create a monster to be slain. Not a character to be rooted for or take interest in. So thank you Aaron and Marvel for once again butchering your first hero and another classic marvel character.
    Well said.

I've said it on several threads, some writers struggle to make write anti-heroes.

As i said in another thread, i just hope that Namor is under some mind control because it doesn't make sense that he will team up with Tiger Shark and kill Stingray. That's straight up nonsense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

I don't think Aaron is playing Namor as a villain so much as presenting him as a threat and there's a difference.

Aaron shows Namor to have an understandable sense of rage. He's reached his tipping point. All he ever hears from the surface world are empty platitudes and yet his people still endure fresh suffering.

From his point of view, what he's doing is right, not evil or villainous.

Namor has always been a lot of talk and little action. For such a tough guy, he gets walked over a lot. And the excuse for that is, well, he's just too noble to go there and cross too many lines.

As a result, whenever his anger towards the surface world has flared up, everybody knows it's just a lot of empty bluster.

If Aaron wants to change that perception, I think it's a good thing for Namor. This is a guy who even the toughest characters should be sh*tting themselves over, not just humoring his tantrums because they know that, at the end of the day, he's just going to go back to playing nice.

I agree very much with DragonsChi.

If we're going to say Namor has truly shifted, back, into more of a surface adversary, this should really be plotted out much better.

There's no going back from how Namor treated Stingray.

*Is it possible that Namor, with Stingray or other's help, is playing the D of Deep or possibly Attuma or someone else.

From a political point of view, most Atlanteans and related must be so sick of their fate with Namor as their leader. Constant visitations of destruction on their city and environs. Would they indeed begin to think their leader is not really leading . . . ?

But like I sad, unless this is some hoax, bait and switch, there is no way Namor can credibly come back from this.