Page 582 of 631 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Oberon, I don't know since how long you've been lurking on this thread (the last one with a high number of posts which hasn't been rebooted a few weeks ago?... reasons...) but Rev always speaks the truth!

And it's always a pleasure to see her back!

Another wonderful poster is ChiefJon (And I miss him so much). So here is a link for you - the first of a great series of writing he did: search for the other ones! http://www.them6p.com/2014/04/21/nam...vels-superman/
    Thank you, Abe. I do _try_ to present the Namor facts, though I admit I am biased.

I did miss you guys and the Namor chat. And yes, Chief Jon is very much missed. I hope everything is going well with him.

Also, that is a great article!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I can't say that I'm surprised, Oberon!

About that issue of Avengers I think/hope/expect that there's more going on in the story than what we saw. (I trust my friends Reviresco and JK too...). If Aaron built something also about Atlantis and not only the falling Celestials it could be nice!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is so. It would be great to see a writer carry through and do something awesome with Namor and return him to his heroic self. But I do hate to see it at Stingray's expense.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    What I want to know is are those his bare thighs/hips I'm seeing through those mesh tights? Usually I'm a fan of the green scaled trunks but this a look I can get behind.
    The green scaled trunks are my favorite also.

I've seen folks refer to them as fishnets, but I think they are supposed to be 'shorthand' for gold scales, sort of like his Age of X costume.

Here's Kris Anka's take, and he draws it as scales.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I'd like to know why the sudden change in Namor from the current X-Men Red issues to Avengers# 9.
    I'd love to see what happened for Namor to be so ruthless.
    I think Tom Taylor said Avengers 9 takes place after his X-Men Red arc. Though, personally, I thought Taylor's Namor didn't explain his ... generosity with Jean and the X-Men at all. Seemed a bit odd after all that's happened to him and Atlantis, especially during Secret Empire.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-14-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The green scaled trunks are my favorite also.

I've seen folks refer to them as fishnets, but I think they are supposed to be 'shorthand' for gold scales, sort of like his Age of X costume.

I think Tom Taylor said Avengers 9 takes place after his X-Men Red arc. Though, personally, I thought Taylor's Namor didn't explain his ... generosity with Jean and the X-Men at all. Seemed a bit odd after all that's happened to him and Atlantis, especially during Secret Empire.
    Hey Reviresco!

I like that pic if Namor. The costume is good and different and Namor actually looks young there, like perhaps "late teenager" or whatever passes for that in Atlantis.

so about that power upgrade. remember that starfish alien that everyone ignored from the Hyperion solo series that inexplicably turned up in the possession of the Atlanteans? yeah, that's what is behind the "mysterious" power-up. it augmented those carnies that were able to hurt Hyperion.

I am not the Namor expert around here...mostly have always read his character as part of the Avengers stuff throughout the years.

The CBR article about the power upgrade - wasn't he just having an easier time with them because they are under water? Also, he's not exactly a wimpy character

As for his ruthless act in the opening of the book...you see the end of the book where he's talking about the children from Atlantis dying on the beach, as they went to the surface world and died and the humans did nothing to help, etc. Maybe the fact that he's just seen a bunch of kids (was it 200?) die...he's just kind lost his mind a bit. he's already got an axe to grind, and you add the deaths of a bunch of children to the mix...could have been a tipping point.

Namor wearing low-rise pants kind of bothers me but I'll get use to it... I guess.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Mighty Member

Thank you, Abe. I do _try_ to present the Namor facts, though I admit I am biased.

I did miss you guys and the Namor chat. And yes, Chief Jon is very much missed. I hope everything is going well with him.

Also, that is a great article!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is so. It would be great to see a writer carry through and do something awesome with Namor and return him to his heroic self. But I do hate to see it at Stingray's expense.
    Reviresco! So glad to see you post! One of the few posters I regard as a true Namor oracle! At least the recent Namor appearance in Avengers has brought up the activity in the board even though I'm really bothered by the way the character is being written. But what's new, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey Reviresco!

I like that pic if Namor. The costume is good and different and Namor actually looks young there, like perhaps "late teenager" or whatever passes for that in Atlantis.
    Good to see you, too, Phoenixx9!

A lot of folks have said that about Marquez's Namor, but I think he's just drawing him pretty, instead of ... less than pretty, and with a slender swimmer build instead of the more muscular superhero build. I like it better than when he's drawn too old or with a receding hairline, instead of a widow's peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Namor wearing low-rise pants kind of bothers me but I'll get use to it... I guess.
    The Age of X image was drawn by Copiel, who also designed the Phoenix Namor costume, which obviously inspires this new costume -- and I'm thinking this version of Namor. Copiel seems fond of those low-rise pants for Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Reviresco! So glad to see you post! One of the few posters I regard as a true Namor oracle! At least the recent Namor appearance in Avengers has brought up the activity in the board even though I'm really bothered by the way the character is being written. But what's new, right?
    The same for me, Thor-El! It is great seeing you. An oracle! High praise indeed.

And yes, I meant to respond to Dragon Chi's post that pointed out something similar, that is, unfortunately, Namor has been treated in this manner for almost a decade now, and many people have no idea of the heroic Namor that I am grew up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so about that power upgrade. remember that starfish alien that everyone ignored from the Hyperion solo series that inexplicably turned up in the possession of the Atlanteans? yeah, that's what is behind the "mysterious" power-up. it augmented those carnies that were able to hurt Hyperion.

Odd. But I had negative desire to read a book about Namor's murderer, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have a panel, or issue number, where Atlanteans have this starfish alien?

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I am not the Namor expert around here...mostly have always read his character as part of the Avengers stuff throughout the years.

The CBR article about the power upgrade - wasn't he just having an easier time with them because they are under water? Also, he's not exactly a wimpy character : )

As for his ruthless act in the opening of the book...you see the end of the book where he's talking about the children from Atlantis dying on the beach, as they went to the surface world and died and the humans did nothing to help, etc. Maybe the fact that he's just seen a bunch of kids (was it 200?) die...he's just kind lost his mind a bit. he's already got an axe to grind, and you add the deaths of a bunch of children to the mix...could have been a tipping point.
    I just saw that CBR article: https://www.cbr.com/x-man-avenger-vi...r-sub-mariner/

Not sure about all of it. Almost all of that Namor / Thor fight was off panel, IIRC, so it's hard to say it was won "easily." I haven't read earlier issues of this run of this Avengers, so I'm not sure HOW they got their power upgrades -- are they aware of it?

And yes, in part, Namor does have an easier time because he is underwater. People (and writers) don't remember just how tough Namor is underwater -- or how hostile that environment is. People need to read Hulk 118.

After this, Namor quickly recovers, quick enough to double back and track the falling unconscious Hulk to an island, where he has turned back into an unconscious Banner.

Or how about Uncanny X-Men 12, where Namor fought Luke Cage, She-Hulk and Thing!

And Namora didn't have a problem with Ms Captain Marvel, even on land, so I doubt Namor is going to have one underwater.

As for Iron Man ... well, Namor has come out ahead on that one, more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I've no doubt Namor is angry about the situation with Atlantis and the children, but I just can't seem him taking it out on Stingray, of all people. They really have good friends, and he knows Walt has kids of his own. Especially when you consider how he treats Tiger Shark of all people. There's definitely something going on there ... and probably with his "upgrade," since I've never seen Aaron give Namor credit before on his powers, especially underwater.

If you are on Twitter, you might want to post your favorite Namor story and image here. I think it's interesting that Gail Simone is thinking about Namor too. And I love that her idea of Namor was top tier in strength.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...34151217557505
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-16-2018 at 12:45 AM.

Mighty Member

I've no doubt Namor is angry about the situation with Atlantis and the children, but I just can't seem him taking it out on Stingray, of all people. They really have good friends, and he knows Walt has kids of his own. Especially when you consider how he treats Tiger Shark of all people. There's definitely something going on there ... and probably with his "upgrade," since I've never seen Aaron give Namor credit before on his powers, especially underwater.
    Well said! Wow, I knew Stingray had a wife but not children. I can't believe Jason Aaron likes the character of Namor that much to write that scene, I'm still shocked!
    Update: I had forgotten! While looking on the internet I found the information and I did read that story way back in Namor the Sub-Mariner #42 and 43. What a stark contrast to the actions of this Namor!

Last edited by Thor-El; 10-16-2018 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Updated post.

Spectacular Member

Found that great, in depth article by John Cimino on the history of the Namor vs Hulk battles-- 45 of them! And most are a draw, but the finally tally is 4 fights won by each.

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/0...b-mariner.html

I love this answer from the editor.

Sadly, Namor hasn't gotten the power creep both Thor and Hulk (and others) have gotten over the years. It seems most writers are unaware or use Namor's increase in strength due to water.
    That Hulk vs. Namor article is the best article ever written on Namor. It's not bias in anyway which is what makes it so good. Fair, honest, concise, informative and always updated. Much respect that we Namor fans have this. The other articles are good too.

Odd. But I had negative desire to read a book about Namor's murderer, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have a panel, or issue number, where Atlanteans have this starfish alien?
    it was that Secret Empire mini whose name I can't remember. there's no way that you missed it. Bucky was undercover in Atlantis for some reason. Namora was opposing Namor; who was quite ready to forfeit his piece of the cosmic cube. it ended with Namor looking at that alien as if it were his prized possession. I talked about it incessantly because I was only one who read the Hyperion series. a carnival had pretty much taken control of a small town after finding that creature in spaceship crash/enslaving it. it was giving them superpowers/making them indestructible. it was freed at the end of the Hyperion series and turned up in Atlantis (which makes sense because it looks like a water dwelling creature).

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-16-2018 at 05:54 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kris Anka drew a muscular dude? What?

Well to be honest after AvX most of Namor's animosity has more been directed to the Avengers characters rather than the X-Men. Even Hopeless did a Jean and Namor story and it worked out.