Page 594 of 631 FirstFirst ... 94494544584590591592593594595596597598604 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 9460

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I can't leave Bill Everett off my favorite Namor artist list, though I like his later work, like the 1950s Atlas run and his last run on Sub-mariner in the 1970s best.

Yeah, in the 1970's pic, Namor looks so powerful!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Jae Lee's Savage Namor
    Attachment 73256Attachment 73257
    I really loved that arc when it came out. It was so different from Byrne's run, and dramatic. And the story was dark fantasy, which I like. But as Jae Lee's art changed, so has my taste in art.

Though, I have to say, the first images of Jason Momoa as Aquaman reminded of Jae Lee's 90s Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So I make Namor edits in my spare time and also icons, I had made these a little while back:

Attachment 73269

Attachment 73270

Attachment 73271

So I don't mind if people want to use them and I can make/post more if anyone is looking for a specific panel they want edited just let me know!

Thank you! Your icons are much higher quality than mine, so I'm replacing it. : )
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Incredible amount of posting, pics, etc the last couple of days. I'm very impressed and grateful. Overall John Buscema is my favorite Namor artist, for mostly the reasons others have said. But I like Namor in almost every iteration.
    Even though I have objections to Jason Aaron's portrayal of Namor, it certainly seems to have a lit a fire under folks. It did me. But I've also noticed a lot of "news" posts at the various comic sites about Namor -- which is mostly a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    LOL I knew you would like it! John Byrne who put Namor back in the trunks once mentioned how he loved pitting Namor against the Griffin and he mentioned that the prospect of having a hero fighting against a creature covered in spikes only wearing a speedo was cool to draw. As I see those Alex Ross paintings of Namor going against Iron Man in his armor, flesh against metal, it does say raw power. Not only are the speedos appropriate for a aquatic superhero but it says I'm so damn powerful I can take on anything totally exposed.
    That is exactly it. Especially against a completely armored Iron Man with all his tech weapons. Now that I think about it, it sort of goes back to seeing Namor on the WWII covers, where he's fighting big metal machines like tanks and submarines, again, just in his swimming trunks!

I didn't know that about Bryne and the Griffin fight. He did draw it quite dynamically. I could "feel" Namor and Griffin crashing through that skylight. But that goes back to what Alex Ross recreation of the Namor and Iron Man fight. Here's what Ross said, and what I think he illustrates in that recreation, in an interview about Marvelocity.

EW: What differentiates Marvel characters from DC characters, in terms of their look and aura?

There’s certainly an argument to make for similarity of iconic status, but whatÂ’s always separated the two for me is MarvelÂ’s material has always had a kinetic quality to it, particularly based on the design aesthetics of Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby. DC characters are not defined by a singular artistic voice influencing all the rest, but thatÂ’s what happened with Jack KirbyÂ’s leadership of the entire Marvel brand. Everything is affected by what he led the charge of. That 10 years where he created the majority of those characters in the Â’60s, thatÂ’s what every artist and writer has built their process upon, including the movies today. ThereÂ’s a kinetic energy and a chaotic energy that embodies MarvelÂ’s stuff.
    https://ew.com/books/2018/04/03/alex...elocity-cover/

Of course, nowadays, I think alot of that dynamism is missing from Marvel's books -- especially with all the talking heads.

Namor is a speedo is all I need, it was a dark day for me when I saw them put Namor into a full body suit. (sorry I just don't like those armpit wings) also Alex Ross did have Namor with no clothes in Marvels. Seeing Ross's art for the battle of flesh against steel with Iron Man was a special treat.
    I agree 100%.

Yes! Hard to believe, but Ross did improve on Everett's story for Namor first encounter with the surface world. ;p

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Thank you! Your icons are much higher quality than mine, so I'm replacing it. : )
    You're welcome! Glad you like them.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Even though I have objections to Jason Aaron's portrayal of Namor, it certainly seems to have a lit a fire under folks. It did me. But I've also noticed a lot of "news" posts at the various comic sites about Namor -- which is mostly a good thing.
    Meanwhile the Avengers cartoon uses Attuma without making any mention of Namor... I assume because of the Submariner's association with the X-Men?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

No need for Momoa, if this guy can act this is the real thing to portray Namor: https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/05/...n-ross-edgley/

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

No need for Momoa, if this guy can act this is the real thing to portray Namor: https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/05/...n-ross-edgley/
    Whoa, that guy is amazing. He really can swim that's for sure! About Aquaman and Momoa, I feel that DC borrowed a lot from the savage sub-mariner run:

savage submariner.jpg

savage aquaman.jpg

As for a live action Namor, a while back I participated in a charity event and my friend (a really amazing artist) who was running it drew Namor for me, and I think it looks very close to a live action Namor:

https://imperiuswrecked.tumblr.com/p...-mariner-faces
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

From Bleeding Cool ...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Soule
    Hello! I write comics: stories for Star Wars, Daredevil, the X-Men, etc. It’s time to use this power for good. If you vote this Tuesday, I’ll write you in, however you want.

Want to be Wolverine’s best bud? Done. A Jedi? Darth Vader? The next Captain America? Done.

Just vote.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...es-on-tuesday/

Here's the direct link to Charles Soule's twitter post.

I voted first day of early voting. Now I just need to figure out what Namor centric cameo I should ask for!

That guy is inhuman! I can't imagine sleeping on a board, or swimming a mile in a swimming pool!

Oh wow. He looks rough after 5 months in the ocean, but this guy used to be a model / exercise guru. He looks amazing!

Whoa, that guy is amazing. He really can swim that's for sure! About Aquaman and Momoa, I feel that DC borrowed a lot from the savage sub-mariner run:

savage submariner.jpg

savage aquaman.jpg

As for a live action Namor, a while back I participated in a charity event and my friend (a really amazing artist) who was running it drew Namor for me, and I think it looks very close to a live action Namor:

https://imperiuswrecked.tumblr.com/p...-mariner-faces
    That is lovely! I've seen a few actors made into Namor by artists, most notably, Boss Logic's Brian Tee and Luke Evans.

I agree. Momoa, and the movie, is borrowing a lot from Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Meanwhile the Avengers cartoon uses Attuma without making any mention of Namor... I assume because of the Submariner's association with the X-Men?
    I don't think it has anything to do with the X-Men, but it is a rights issue. Though, again, I don't understand how they are using Namor's rogues, but not using Namor himself. That makes NO sense.

I mean, Tiger Shark is Tiger Shark, because his DNA was merged with _Namor's_. He first appeared in a Namor book.

John Buscema was so great! Agree 100% on his Namor bullet head in Avengers, always wondered why the change when he got him perfect the first time. And John's women were all gorgeous. He would start drtawing women solo comics like Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk for a couple issues and then leave the book which always frustrated me. He did a Jean Grey story with Attuma in black and white inked by Klaus Janson that is perhaps one of my favorite stories of all times.
    I'm not sure why John Buscema switched over to the flat top, triangular head. I always thought the bullet head looked more like a someone whose hair was wet and slicked back and I liked it. Maybe it had something to do with his brother's Sal interpretation? Sal always drew the flat top. Something to watch out for, next time I re-read.

Watching this clip of Luke makes me think of him being cocky and proud like the Submariner...okay, Luke Evans NEEDS to play Namor like now!

The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion