Page 596 of 631 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 9460
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Just wanted to share these Namor memes my friend made me due my displeasure (aka angry muttering about comics) with Marvel and X Men Red in general. lmao

namor funny 1.jpg

namor funny 2.jpg

namor funny 3.jpg

Also let the fish man have his bagels! XD
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

LOL! Those are hilarious!

Can I steal one for my avatar?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL! Those are hilarious!

Can I steal one for my avatar?
    Sure you can! lol, I made this as an icon that I use and you're free to use it as well or if you want to use any of the other ones I posted its fine too.

smilenamor.jpg

Also this was my favorite one because it refers to Doom stealing the Horn in that spidey comic!

namor funny 4.jpg

OMG. I love that comic! Doom and Namor and the Horn of Toot!

Thank you!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

OMG. I love that comic! Doom and Namor and the Horn of Toot!

Thank you!
    You're welcome! It's one of my favorites too!

doom toot.jpg

It appears we aren't the only ones who thinks Jason Momoa looks more like Namor than Aquaman.

It starts at 12:30.

Also, I finally saw the Aquaman trailer in the movie theater. Atlantis was AMAZING. If that doesn't inspire Marvel to see the potential of Atlantis, I don't think anything will.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-09-2018 at 09:58 PM.

It appears we aren't the only ones who thinks Jason Momoa looks more like Namor than Aquaman.

Also, I finally saw the Aquaman trailer in the movie theater. Atlantis was AMAZING. If that doesn't inspire Marvel to see the potential of Atlantis, I don't think anything will.
    If I can get a good Namor solo out of this that runs for more than 12 issues (at least a few years pls) then I don't care if he ever shows up in the mcu, and that DC ripped off his aesthetic. I really hope this lights a fire under the powers that be and they get a Namor comic greenlight with a good writer and artist. Thanks for the video!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    If I can get a good Namor solo out of this that runs for more than 12 issues (at least a few years pls) then I don't care if he ever shows up in the mcu, and that DC ripped off his aesthetic. I really hope this lights a fire under the powers that be and they get a Namor comic greenlight with a good writer and artist. Thanks for the video!
    I think we can get a solo, for at least a year, because it's been eight or nine years since his last one. It's about time, at least on Marvel's schedule for characters that aren't getting the MCU / TV / Animated push. Without that push, the book will have to be great, and sell, to last longer. Definitely need a good writer and artist.

In your opinion who could write a good Namor solo? What should the book be about? Is there a chance we could get one next year? He seems to be getting some hype with the 80th anniversary and so I really hope that we can score a solo out of this.
    This is a big problem at Marvel, right now. I think talent wise, Marvel is hurting a bit right now, and there's no one that really stands out to me right now.

I really want the solo to really focus on Atlantis and try to keep all surface things just away for a while, to be like Tales to Astonish when the plot was around Namor, Dorma, Vasthi etc. but I want more Namora and Nita being in there, maybe bring back Dorma and Vasthi if I could. To have them explore more about Atlantis and its people, and more about Atlantean society and culture, to have Namor come to grips with his destiny that Neptune told him had had, which was that he was the only one who could save the world because of who he was, being both half human and half atlantean. I want Namor to meet Cleito once more and Evenor the guardian, they only showed up in one comic but knowing that the Atlantean goddess has Namor's best interests would be such a welcome change from, Namor has no allies in his life once more. Maybe he could go on a mission to save Dorma.
    I would prefer a book centered on Atlantis and the oceans. There's just so much confusion and turmoil, contradictory takes, and destruction of Atlantis and Namor's rulership, I would love to see things straighten out and Atlantis restored to it's powerhouse position. I think there could be a lot of interesting stories about the magical or mythological connections of Atlantis and Namor. I really enjoyed that Cleito story too. There's untold stuff between her and Neptune -- which could tie into lots of things, like the Old Atlanteans from Hickman's FF and Stuart Moore's Aqueos / polar city or even the Serpent Crown. You could also complicate things with some political machinations (and flesh out the underwater kingdoms like Lemuria).

Stan Lee's Tales to Astonish stories were sort of Sword and Sorcery / Fantasy, and I've always thought Namor could fill that genre for Marvel, since they no longer had Conan. Of course, NOW they have Conan, so maybe make Namor's book more of a Fantasy book which Marvel still doesn't have.

Before I knew Nita was back I wanted the series to revolve around them reviving Nita. But now i just want them to be together and actually have a good plot going between the royal family and the citizens.

I love Nita and really cant wait for a submariner family reunion! Namor was crushed after her death, and when Namora awoke and found out so was she, the comics where they are both grieving just get me each time.
    I'd really like Namor's cast to be rebuilt and reintroduced to newer readers. Show readers Namor's relationships, and define them better. Namora and Nita and Marrina have been mostly ignored (except Brave New World, which had its problems), despite the fact that two of them have returned from the dead! And I'd love to see all the women in Namor's life have some defined roles and stories that are independent of Namor.

I love Lady Dorma. But I remember that Bryne story with the Dorma clone and it was heart breaking.

Just wanted to share these Namor memes my friend made me due my displeasure (aka angry muttering about comics) with Marvel and X Men Red in general. lmao

namor funny 1.jpg

namor funny 2.jpg

LOL

These are awesome!

It be funny if we rep these as avatars on CBR for solidarity for a few months just for kicks!
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-10-2018 at 06:11 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

namor funny 1.jpg

namor funny 2.jpg

namor funny 3.jpg

LOL, these are great!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    LOL

These are awesome!

It be funny if we rep these as avatars on CBR for solidarity for a few months just for kicks!

I'm going to wear mine for a week or two. I think CB should get a couple on Twitter. ;p

I do like the Bagel one alot, too.

This is a big problem at Marvel, right now. I think talent wise, Marvel is hurting a bit right now, and there's no one that really stands out to me right now.

I would prefer a book centered on Atlantis and the oceans. There's just so much confusion and turmoil, contradictory takes, and destruction of Atlantis and Namor's rulership, I would love to see things straighten out and Atlantis restored to it's powerhouse position. I think there could be a lot of interesting stories about the magical or mythological connections of Atlantis and Namor. I really enjoyed that Cleito story too. There's untold stuff between her and Neptune -- which could tie into lots of things, like the Old Atlanteans from Hickman's FF and Stuart Moore's Aqueos / polar city or even the Serpent Crown. You could also complicate things with some political machinations (and flesh out the underwater kingdoms like Lemuria).

Stan Lee's Tales to Astonish stories were sort of Sword and Sorcery / Fantasy, and I've always thought Namor could fill that genre for Marvel, since they no longer had Conan. Of course, NOW they have Conan, so maybe make Namor's book more of a Fantasy book which Marvel still doesn't have.

I'd really like Namor's cast to be rebuilt and reintroduced to newer readers. Show readers Namor's relationships, and define them better. Namora and Nita and Marrina have been mostly ignored (except Brave New World, which had its problems), despite the fact that two of them have returned from the dead! And I'd love to see all the women in Namor's life have some defined roles and stories that are independent of Namor.

I love Lady Dorma. But I remember that Bryne story with the Dorma clone and it was heart breaking.
    Ohh that story always gets me, especially with how Namor reacted to seeing her like that.

Well I try to keep with the writers but honestly its hard. I do hope Marvel does give us something other than anniversary specials this year. I'm really hoping the Invaders will be kinda good at least. Namor and Atlantis can still fill a mythology role at least if Marvel can get their act together.` A story line involving the old gods of Atlantis and rebuilding the people, expanding the world building is really what he needs and deserves, giving the ladies better roles and finally bringing them all together is what I hope for but it may never happen, yet one can dream at least.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    LOL

These are awesome!

You're all free to use them if you wish!

Astonishing Member

I'd settle for writers writing Namor as powerful as he always been. But yes, it seems like far too much power creep for other characters, and none for Namor. But it again goes back to not having his own book.

I agree. I love Namor and Hulk's bickering in the Defenders. It always a lot of fun, and rarely goes anywhere, because Dad Doctor Strange usually jumps in. Now that I think about it, that's probably why we get so many 'battles' between them on John Cimino's list.

I was wondering if the She-Hulk attack on Namor in the last Avengers was a reference to this from Busiek and Larsen's Defenders.

Hulk is way funny in those pannels.
    Will have to read that Defenders comic book by Kurt Busiek and Erik Larsen someday.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Hulk is way funny in those pannels.
    Will have to read that Defenders comic book by Kurt Busiek and Erik Larsen someday.
    It was funny, and very much a Defenders interaction between Namor and Hulk, who bicker at the drop of a hat.

I need to re-read the series. It has been a while. I remember enjoying Defenders Indefensible (by DeMatteis, Giffen and Maguire) more, which came out a few years later.