Page 599 of 631 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Just saw on Bleeding Cool that Butch Guice has a series called Amber Blake coming out in February, I believe, for IDW. I'm not sure if this is a new series, or an English translation of the original French version. I'm kind of hoping for the later, as I would hate to see Guice leave INVADERS so soon. Especially since he's doing the WWII parts.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm weeks behind in comics; I never get to the store that has my pulls even once a month.

So is the new Invaders set in current times or previous? Sounds like now. Sounds like there is some amount of coordination on a direction for Namor? Could this mean that behind the scenes maybe something happened with movie rights or options?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Just saw on Bleeding Cool that Butch Guice has a series called Amber Blake coming out in February, I believe, for IDW. I'm not sure if this is a new series, or an English translation of the original French version. I'm kind of hoping for the later, as I would hate to see Guice leave INVADERS so soon. Especially since he's doing the WWII parts.
    Never heard anything about that series, but as the name of the writer is the same I guess it's a translation from French. (Btw Jade Lagardère is the wife of Arnaud Lagardère - son and heir of a French tycoon : technology, weapons... and publishing.... i mean that her husband owns Hachette... a group known at least by the posters on the MMW forum... weird...)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

The solicit for Invaders #2

[img]INVADERS #2
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CARLOS MAGNO (A/C)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    After the SHOCKING reveals about NAMOR last issue, THE HUMAN TORCH goes deeper into the Sub-Mariner’s PAST, hoping to uncover his plan. But CAPTAIN AMERICA goes the direct route: TO ATLANTIS. Alone against THE MAD KING and his ARMIES in the exciting second chapter of WAR GHOSTS: THE AMERICAN AMBASSADOR!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99[/img]

Are those Namor's hands? I don't know ...

Not too thrilled about 'the mad king' business.

The only other Namor appearances are reprints. I'm surprised, but they are reprinting SUB-MARINER THE DEPTHS in paperback. Plus they are releasing MARVELS in _floppy_ but annotated, whatever that means. Also Torch fans, it looks like there is a new Torch cover and it will be released as a poster also.

https://www.newsarama.com/42800-marv...e=notification
    this is Jim Hammond human torch right??? i mean just because i love Jim and so do other fans I know and i cant wait for the WWll parts, and I have no hope for the future parts since they seem to be playing up a darker edgy namor, I hope this can be explained that namor is being controlled or possessed, but i dont like the whole namor is mad and crazy again they seem to be going in that direction.

I feel they want to compete with aquaman and so they are going for more Namor in the comics, but i just hope they write him well.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

My hopes is that Jim will be able to revert Namor back to being Namor. Their relationship always seemed to bring out the best in Subby.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    My hopes is that Jim will be able to revert Namor back to being Namor. Their relationship always seemed to bring out the best in Subby.
    I hope so too, I love their friendship a lot and Jim and Steve are one of the few people that Namor is more comfortable around.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm weeks behind in comics; I never get to the store that has my pulls even once a month.

So is the new Invaders set in current times or previous? Sounds like now. Sounds like there is some amount of coordination on a direction for Namor? Could this mean that behind the scenes maybe something happened with movie rights or options?
    I am in a similar situation. Unless I KNOW there's a Namor book waiting, I'm not in a big hurry to get to the comic book store. And I have been too busy this week to even get there knowing there is a Namor book -- I still haven't picked up Avengers 700. I have to say, beyond their poor treatment of Namor the last few years, Marvel's output, short runs, and prices have pretty much broken my every Wednesday habit. I think, beyond Namor appearances, I'm only pulling a Kieron Gillen indy book and FF. But back to your question...

I believe the new Invaders is going to take place in the present (illustrated by Carlos Magno), and have flashbacks to WWII (illustrated by Butch Guice) -- so it's going to take place in both.

I'm guessing there is going to be some co-ordination between Jason Aaron and Chris Zsdarsky on Namor, much like Hickman and Robinson with the previous Invaders run. I think Aaron is going to use Namor more, both in Avengers and in War of the Realms, so Zsdarsky probably doesn't have entirely free rein with Namor. However, I'm hoping we get more insight into exactly what is going on with Namor right now.

I have no idea about the movie rights stuff. I hope that changes, as it seems movie / tv appearances determine which characters get a push in the comics. I think we are getting more Namor stuff because of the 80th anniversary, plus Jason Aaron is using him. Writers, rather than editors, wanting to use Namor seem to be responsible for us getting Namor appearances.

Which is why I'm hopeful about the Aquaman movie. I think the Atlantis and underwater stuff looks amazing. I don't see it helping with a Namor movie, but I'm betting it will inspire some writers at Marvel.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-23-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Never heard anything about that series, but as the name of the writer is the same I guess it's a translation from French. (Btw Jade Lagardère is the wife of Arnaud Lagardère - son and heir of a French tycoon : technology, weapons... and publishing.... i mean that her husband owns Hachette... a group known at least by the posters on the MMW forum... weird...)
    Really? I had no idea about the Hachette connection. Interesting.

I think Amber Blake is an original French graphic novel, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't mean we're losing Butch Guice. I think he's going to add a certain grittiness to the WWII stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    this is Jim Hammond human torch right??? i mean just because i love Jim and so do other fans I know and i cant wait for the WWll parts, and I have no hope for the future parts since they seem to be playing up a darker edgy namor, I hope this can be explained that namor is being controlled or possessed, but i dont like the whole namor is mad and crazy again they seem to be going in that direction.

I feel they want to compete with aquaman and so they are going for more Namor in the comics, but i just hope they write him well.
    I believe it is Jim Hammond. I can't keep track if they've kill off Jim Hammond again or not. I don't think I've ever seen Johnny Storm on an Invaders team.

Me too. Zdarsky can do a lot more explaining than Aaron will do in an Avengers team book on Namor's condition --even if it isn't exactly the story line I'm looking for.

If Marvel actually wanted to compete with Aquaman, they need to do what DC did for Aquaman.

1. Believe the character is A List and treat him like it -- stop treating him like a supporting character or worse, villain, for other characters.
    2. Give him a solo and put A List talent on it, like DC put Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis on Aquaman.
    3. Give him multiple pushes and greater roles in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I hope so too, I love their friendship a lot and Jim and Steve are one of the few people that Namor is more comfortable around.
    I like Jim and Namor's relationship better than Namor and Cap --especially the way the later is written now, pretty one sided. In the Golden Age, I think Jim and Namor had more of a relationship than Namor and Cap.

But speaking of that ... Didn't Namor tell Cap to stay the heck out of the water and never come back to Atlantis in Avengers 9??? Why the heck is he going back to Atlantis?

I'm also curious who The American Ambassador is?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-23-2018 at 11:11 AM.

I was busy with Thanksgiving preparations and eating. Lots of eating.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed it as much as Namor seems to have.

I was busy with Thanksgiving preparations and eating. Lots of eating.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed it as much as Namor seems to have.

Thanks and this is actually the comic that got me into Namor! I was like who is that guy?! Been crazy about the character ever since.

I believe it is Jim Hammond. I can't keep track if they've kill off Jim Hammond again or not. I don't think I've ever seen Johnny Storm on an Invaders team.

Me too. Zdarsky can do a lot more explaining than Aaron will do in an Avengers team book on Namor's condition --even if it isn't exactly the story line I'm looking for.

If Marvel actually wanted to compete with Aquaman, they need to do what DC did for Aquaman.

1. Believe the character is A List and treat him like it -- stop treating him like a supporting character or worse, villain, for other characters.
    2. Give him a solo and put A List talent on it, like DC put Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis on Aquaman.
    3. Give him multiple pushes and greater roles in the MCU.

I like Jim and Namor's relationship better than Namor and Cap --especially the way the later is written now, pretty one sided. In the Golden Age, I think Jim and Namor had more of a relationship than Namor and Cap.

But speaking of that ... Didn't Namor tell Cap to stay the heck out of the water and never come back to Atlantis in Avengers 9??? Why the heck is he going back to Atlantis?

I'm also curious who The American Ambassador is?

I agree on those points! Namor being regulated to back ground and out of books hurts him, but also Marvel really doesn't know how to world build Atlantis. Him constantly being called everyone's most especially Black Panther's villain hurts more. I also love Jim and Namor's relationship way better than him and Cap's. I feel the two characters are just the best but they also do not get the right kind of treatment they need from Marvel. Currently Jim is alive, but he has had his flame powers taken away and has radiation powers and is called the Human Reactor, which I'm wondering if they are going to undo that retcon when the new Invaders drops.

Has everyone seen the new BossLogic edit? Although I really really feel Namor deserves his own movie and to NOT be Black Panther's villain I fear that is the only reason that Marvel will ever use him in the MCU. Still the edit is very good and I compared it to one of Namor's comic panels. They used Joe Taslim for the edit:

namor black panther boss logic edit.jpg

namor water.jpg

Thanks and this is actually the comic that got me into Namor! I was like who is that guy?! Been crazy about the character ever since.
    That is great! A wonderful think to be thankful for at Thanksgiving. I can see how Namor, shirtless and pouring the wine, stands out. ;P

I agree on those points! Namor being regulated to back ground and out of books hurts him, but also Marvel really doesn't know how to world build Atlantis. Him constantly being called everyone's most especially Black Panther's villain hurts more. I also love Jim and Namor's relationship way better than him and Cap's. I feel the two characters are just the best but they also do not get the right kind of treatment they need from Marvel. Currently Jim is alive, but he has had his flame powers taken away and has radiation powers and is called the Human Reactor, which I'm wondering if they are going to undo that retcon when the new Invaders drops.
    I should add a fourth point: Put Namor in games, merchandising, TV, etc.

Hmmm. I wonder if Zdarsky knows Hammond has lost his powers? I mean, why call him The Human Torch, if he's now The Human Reactor? I'm down for a retcon / change. I hope it's not Johnny.

Not to sound like an old grandparent, but back in the day, Namor and Cap's relationship was better. There was mutual respect on both sides, and you could tell there was genuine warmth between the two. I'm remembering that time Cap asked Namor to join to the Avengers back in Stern's run. Now, it seems all about how Namor respects Cap, and will listen to him alone. While Cap is always demanding one thing or another from Namor, and lecturing him.

Jim and Namor always seem like old friends -- even if they disagree about things. They are share far more history than Namor and Cap, and I think it shows.

I agree. Marvel has done a poor job of world building Atlantis. They seem to have forgotten that Atlantis was both a technologically and magically advanced nation -- the first shown in the MU. And they've either decimated or leave unused the Atlantean cast. Or worse, mangle the characterization. I really would like a maxi-series, sort of like Peter David and Esteban Marato's Atlantis Chronicles, that collates, consolidates, condenses the decades of Atlantean appearances, weeds out the inconsistencies, and present a coherent whole that writers can refer back to --and also is entertaining with great art. Not asking for much, am I? ;p

Has everyone seen the new BossLogic edit? Although I really really feel Namor deserves his own movie and to NOT be Black Panther's villain I fear that is the only reason that Marvel will ever use him in the MCU. Still the edit is very good and I compared it to one of Namor's comic panels. They used Joe Taslim for the edit:

namor water.jpg
    I saw that also. I like the reference to a classic panel. But I'm not sure about Joe Talism ... I think I like Brian Tee better, of his choices. And I agree. Please NOT as a Black Panther villain. No thank you.

That is great! A wonderful think to be thankful for at Thanksgiving. I can see how Namor, shirtless and pouring the wine, stands out. ;P

I should add a fourth point: Put Namor in games, merchandising, TV, etc.

Hmmm. I wonder if Zdarsky knows Hammond has lost his powers? I mean, why call him The Human Torch, if he's now The Human Reactor? I'm down for a retcon / change. I hope it's not Johnny.
    Lmao, oh yes he definitely stood out for me! It was about almost 5 years ago I was reading back issues for the maximoff twins and was like.. hey I think I need to read more about this guy! I mean the only thing Jim has been in all year since the fiasco that was Secret Empire (I hate that whole run and they wrote Namor so bad imo) was a cameo in reference to his fight with Namor, just a single panel! So it could be that either he doesn't know it is just going to retcon it, which i hope he does, Jim having Flame powers isn't going to hurt Johnny. Johnny is always going to be more known for it because people don't really know Jim. I really hope it's not Johnny and also it wouldn't make any sense for it to be Johnny.

Not to sound like an old grandparent, but back in the day, Namor and Cap's relationship was better. There was mutual respect on both sides, and you could tell there was genuine warmth between the two. I'm remembering that time Cap asked Namor to join to the Avengers back in Stern's run. Now, it seems all about how Namor respects Cap, and will listen to him alone. While Cap is always demanding one thing or another from Namor, and lecturing him.

Jim and Namor always seem like old friends -- even if they disagree about things. They are share far more history than Namor and Cap, and I think it shows.
    Namor and Jim have been through a lot together and I love the element of Fire and Water at first being enemies then being friends so much. The compliment each others characters very well. I also saw how much better Steve and Namor's relationship used to be and I miss it. That Avenger's run, which I call the Marrina run since Namor was involved in that story line at the time, is one of my favorites, after tales to astonish! I LOVE the relationship he had with the Avengers, especially how he and Hercules fought and became friends and still bickered with each other like kids. I love that broship so much.

Steve used to be more on Namor's side and helping him but lately it's always him on the opposing side and that old friendship is kinda gone, its just I think that Jim and Namor have a stronger friendship than Steve. Jim and Namor both feel like outsiders and see that in each other so I feel they have a kinship that I really enjoy.

I agree. Marvel has done a poor job of world building Atlantis. They seem to have forgotten that Atlantis was both a technologically and magically advanced nation -- the first shown in the MU. And they've either decimated or leave unused the Atlantean cast. Or worse, mangle the characterization. I really would like a maxi-series, sort of like Peter David and Esteban Marato's Atlantis Chronicles, that collates, consolidates, condenses the decades of Atlantean appearances, weeds out the inconsistencies, and present a coherent whole that writers can refer back to --and also is entertaining with great art. Not asking for much, am I? ;p

I saw that also. I like the reference to a classic panel. But I'm not sure about Joe Talism ... I think I like Brian Tee better, of his choices. And I agree. Please NOT as a Black Panther villain. No thank you.
    I feel you are asking just the right amount of stuff that Namor deserves! I'm always so sad about the lack of Namor merch there is available. I feel Brian Tee is a far better choice and there are a lot of really good actors out there, the edit is nice though. Who knows maybe Marvel will wise up and give Namor a bigger push soon. I can only hope for a future solo centered on him and Atlantis.

Lmao, oh yes he definitely stood out for me! It was about almost 5 years ago I was reading back issues for the maximoff twins and was like.. hey I think I need to read more about this guy! I mean the only thing Jim has been in all year since the fiasco that was Secret Empire (I hate that whole run and they wrote Namor so bad imo) was a cameo in reference to his fight with Namor, just a single panel! So it could be that either he doesn't know it is just going to retcon it, which i hope he does, Jim having Flame powers isn't going to hurt Johnny. Johnny is always going to be more known for it because people don't really know Jim. I really hope it's not Johnny and also it wouldn't make any sense for it to be Johnny.
    Yet another reason why Marvel needs to put Namor back in the speedo! He stands out in any costumed gathering. LOL!

I was very disappointed with Secret Empire Brave New World also. But I think the writer was handed a crappy situation by Nick Spencer's event. And of course, it appears all of it as far as Atlantis is being ignored.

I agree. Johnny makes no sense. And there's no reason why Jim Hammond, the OG, can't have his fire powers. Sometimes I think the editors think readers are idiots.

Namor and Jim have been through a lot together and I love the element of Fire and Water at first being enemies then being friends so much. The compliment each others characters very well. I also saw how much better Steve and Namor's relationship used to be and I miss it. That Avenger's run, which I call the Marrina run since Namor was involved in that story line at the time, is one of my favorites, after tales to astonish! I LOVE the relationship he had with the Avengers, especially how he and Hercules fought and became friends and still bickered with each other like kids. I love that broship so much.

Steve used to be more on Namor's side and helping him but lately it's always him on the opposing side and that old friendship is kinda gone, its just I think that Jim and Namor have a stronger friendship than Steve. Jim and Namor both feel like outsiders and see that in each other so I feel they have a kinship that I really enjoy.
    Hercules and Namor together are pure gold. I loved their interaction in Stern's Avengers. And the Pak and Van Lente Hercules encounter in Incredible Hercules was great also.

Yes, Cap and Namor are on opposing sides of late, and that may be part of it. But I don't think that means Cap is right all the time and gets to lecture Namor. It's not like Cap has anywhere near the burdens Namor has, or has undergone what Namor has, nor has Cap covered himself in glory lately. As I said before, if Cap was Namor's friend, he'd realized Namor wasn't acting his normal self. Or even that he looks normal. I'm curious to see how Zdarsky is going to portray their relationship -- though that cover to Invaders #2 doesn't bode well. LOL!

I agree. I think Jim and Namor relate as outsiders. Greg Pak's What If story really played on that.

I feel you are asking just the right amount of stuff that Namor deserves! I'm always so sad about the lack of Namor merch there is available. I feel Brian Tee is a far better choice and there are a lot of really good actors out there, the edit is nice though. Who knows maybe Marvel will wise up and give Namor a bigger push soon. I can only hope for a future solo centered on him and Atlantis.
    If only we could get an editor to realize our demands are so reasonable! :P

Seriously, I'm waiting for the Aquaman movie. I'm hoping that is truly inspiring to the Marvel editors and writers and artists.

namor water.jpg
    Nice find. I agree in that I would want Namor to appear in his own solo film first. If not that, then I would like to see him appear in a Fantastic Four film. I would not want him to be the villain in a Black Panther sequel.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!