Page 606 of 631 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I really am the only who frequents this thread who likes the new look aren't I? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I don't frequent it as much as should, but I dig the new look as well.
    I've always favored the classic green speedo. I think this new "armor" outfit is better than some other outfits, but I do think some artists draw it better than others. I like how Arthur Adams and Ed McGuinness draw it so it looks organic, like coral plates. I also like how both he and Andromeda are wearing the same armor -- so it's like an Atlantean uniform / armor.

I can deal with the longer hair, though NOT the 90s pony tail, though I prefer the slicked back hair. It's distinctive and iconic. I absolutely can not stand the facial scruff, though. I'm glad Magno is NOT doing that.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I agree we need Namor to go back to his classic green speedo and honestly I love Namor's stylized trident but this one seems too simple. lol, chocolate seaweed XD. I like it when they emphasize Namor's muscles but he is a swimmer and needs to look like he can use those to move quickly in water.

Ugh! I can handle long haired Namor, even though short haired Namor is better but please NO to the beard!
    Exactly. I tend to think facial hair reminds him of his Hobo days.

I do prefer a bit slimmer Namor, the swimmer type, but I think the important thing, is that Namor projects physical presence and power.

I'm never getting over the fact that Namor's belt doesn't complete in the middle and that shell symbol is basically pasted on. Sorry I get a bit irritated with designs like that, even though I do like the black coral like shell armor, and that Namor isn't wearing shoes so his ankle wings and feet are free. I never liked how they put him in shoes. I feel Atlanteans really don't need footwear.
    It's interesting how we all have our pet peeves. I have to agree on the footwear. Let those wings flap freeeeee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The thing that seems ridiculous to me, is all this armor on the shoulders, legs, elsewhere and then nothing over the stomach, one of the tender areas, as well as the best target in a body - - the trunk! So it seems unreal, and silly.
    This is true. It's the Red Sonja steel bikini trope.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

As if we don't have enough looks to pick from ...

Here's a concept artist, jason pastrana, ideas for a MCU version of Namor.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq0CIHan...on_share_sheet

I'm going to rule out 1 and 9 right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The thing that seems ridiculous to me, is all this armor on the shoulders, legs, elsewhere and then nothing over the stomach, one of the tender areas, as well as the best target in a body - - the trunk! So it seems unreal, and silly.
    The armor seems more so for a psychological tactic then anything else. To seem more fierce and ready in Battle then it is meant to actually protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I really like 2, 7, & 4 in that order.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-01-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

I agree we need Namor to go back to his classic green speedo and honestly I love Namor's stylized trident but this one seems too simple. lol, chocolate seaweed XD. I like it when they emphasize Namor's muscles but he is a swimmer and needs to look like he can use those to move quickly in water.
    Namor is a strong man first and foremost before a swimmer. Everett gave him a massive torso; emphasis on his back, chest and biceps in the golden age. Fast swimming is never more important than his strength in battle. And most important big muscles are never in opposition of being a fast swimmer, specially not in comics, at least I will not buy a Namor comic where he doesn't looks like a muscular powerhouse that can stand next to Hercules and Thor and not look puny by comparison. Plus big muscles go hand in hand with the speedo, if he is gonna be drawn with a swimmers build then it does looks ridiculous in a speedo IMO.

LOL! I near choked on my spaghetti dinner.

You've totally ruined that outfit for me now. LOL! I thought calling the original Subby #67 black leotard a disco suit was bad -- not anymore!
    Lol, sorry Rev. I guess I can offer to cover the laundry bill for you.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 12-01-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Mighty Member

Wow, Rev, you get the most interesting Namor news!! The facial features kind of remind me of Taylor Lautner or Nick Jonas. All interesting concepts but I'm going to still root for as close to the original as possible so I edited it a bit and came up with this:

Honestly think this is the one that makes it as far away a concept from the Aquaman movie as possible and that will be important.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 12-01-2018 at 08:56 PM.

The armor seems more so for a psychological tactic then anything else. To seem more fierce and ready in Battle then it is meant to actually protect him.
    The more I think about it, I think maybe it's more of a uniform, rather than armor.

Especially since Namor doesn't really need the protection ... or the psychological tactic. He's pretty darn scary when he's coming for someone and bullets bounce off his skin.

I wonder if all Atlanteans have such tough skins?

I really like 2, 7, & 4 in that order.
    Those are some of my favorites also. 2 reminds me of Valerio Schiti's hair cut in his New Avengers issue.

It's interesting because there are costume elements l like, but not so much the hair, and vice versa. I'm not a big fan of the high collars, so 3 is appealing to me.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-01-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow, Rev, you get the most interesting Namor news!!
    Clearly, I spend too much time online. LOL!

The facial features kind of remind me of Taylor Lautner or Nick Jonas. All interesting concepts but I'm going to still root for as close to the original as possible so I edited it a bit and came up with this:

Honestly think this is the one that makes it as far away a concept from the Aquaman movie as possible and that will be important.
    Wow, yourself! That's amazing and amazingly quick editing. I love it!

Namor is a strong man first and foremost before a swimmer. Everett gave him a massive torso; emphasis on his back, chest and biceps in the golden age. Fast swimming is never more important than his strength in battle. And most important big muscles are never in opposition of being a fast swimmer, specially not in comics, at least I will not buy a Namor comic where he doesn't looks like a muscular powerhouse that can stand next to Hercules and Thor and not look puny by comparison. Plus big muscles go hand in hand with the speedo, if he is gonna be drawn with a swimmers build then it does looks ridiculous in a speedo IMO.
    I don't know, those Olympic swimmers look pretty buff to me. ;p But as I said previously, I do prefer a powerful looking Namor.

Lol, sorry Rev. I guess I can offer to cover the laundry bill for you.
    Well worth it, Thor-El.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Wow, Rev, you get the most interesting Namor news!! The facial features kind of remind me of Taylor Lautner or Nick Jonas. All interesting concepts but I'm going to still root for as close to the original as possible so I edited it a bit and came up with this:

Wow! This is a great edit. I also want the Namor movie (if we ever get one) to look and feel as different from Aquaman as it can be while staying true to Namor's character and story.

Also I like it when Namor is shown as the tallest man in the room, and I like it when they show his muscles but not too buff, I like to think of him as slightly slimmer than superman. Swimmers come in the different sizes so really he can be big and still move quickly imo.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

WOW!!! This is a incredible edit.

Do you mind if I use it as my profile picture?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

WOW!!! This is a incredible edit.

Do you mind if I use it as my profile picture?
    Cool, I'm glad people seem to like the edit. Anyone is welcome to use it as profile or distribute it around. Would be cool if you mention that Thor-El edited it when posting it in any other board or thread. Thanks.

I'm not crazy about any of those designs...makes me less enthusiastic for an MCU Namor if we ever get one.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Just 2 and 4. Some of these are waaaaaaaaaaay too alien.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I'm not crazy about any of those designs...makes me less enthusiastic for an MCU Namor if we ever get one.
    Well, this is just one artist's fan conception. I think the main two concept artists Marvel uses do a pretty good job. I'd be very very happy if I saw them post something.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Just 2 and 4. Some of these are waaaaaaaaaaay too alien.
    I agree. My inner jury is still debating the facial markings and tattoos -- I still don't get where those came from in the comics. But I like seeing the various ideas.