Page 609 of 631 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I agree. If Namor had a bigger presence in the cartoons and in the games, we could have more. I honestly don't think he is ever going to show up in the mcu in a way I will be satisfied. I feel the only way to really give his character justice is a writer who knows him and a long running comic. That plus a more adult geared animation since I think his character has so much unexplored potential and animation is the best way to get all that underwater scenery.

A cartoon presence would be very good. It's times like these I wish we had a 'Bruce Timm' treatment for Marvel cartoons, his batman the animated series was what opened the door for so many cartoon adaptions and why the dc animated universe is so much better than marvel's. I didn't even like Aquaman growing up, I never found his character to be interesting but I'm crazy over Namor.

Also I like his Namor style, it has that classic Sub-Mariner look:

Attachment 74613
    Bruce Timm would do a great Namor cartoon if the storyline was above the waves. I think I'd like to see a Japanese or Asian company to do a Namor storyline under the waves. I bet their take on Atlantis and the underwater backdrop would be amazing and original.

Yes. If they had made ANY of the TV Namor shows they were exploring, either in the 1950s or the 1970s, we'd have Namor in the MCU, and his comic would have run uncancelled all this time, just like the other three Silver Age books (Cap, Iron Man, Hulk). There would be far more demand for Namor in the comics or the MCU, if Namor was used in games and cartoons. As it is now, far more people know who Attuma and Tiger Shark are instead of Namor. I would not be surprised at all, if an entirely Namorized Attuma will be part of the Illuminati and may even show up in the Black Panther movie.

Well, the later wouldn't be entirely a bad thing. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Ah, Mera. A red haired water breather Aquaman married ... like Lady Dorma? But when did Mera become 'cool?'
    Lol Well damn I take it back you are right!

Mera has only recently become pretty cool. Its mostly due to the actual use of her Hydrokinesisis and her “Ride or Die” for her man atitude thats raised her popularity.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

spoilers:
    I didn't get the feeling that was actually a planet. But I'll need to go back and re-read it. I think it was some weird pocket dimension. I say that because when Namor took them out of the water, they were immediately in space, weren't they?
    end of spoilers

I was cursing when I read this part of the book,spoilers:
    because the pocket dimension was an idea I was thinking of to 'fix' Atlantis.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The presence of the surfer's board saving Namor at the last minute indicates that it's another planet.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Well, if you mean the 90s wildman look like Jason Momoa, then Namor was still first. We had this Jae Lee version before PAD's Hook Aquaman.

Now, the trident and net gladiator armor, yeah, I think Aquaman did that first.

But if it gets us a new Namor book ... well, I probably would be okay with that, cause I'm really tired of him playing supporting character / villain for every other character in the MU.
    Well, that Jae Lee look was done in a handful of comics as part of a very short story inbetween Byrne and Geoff isherwood's who rapidly returned him to the green trunks and only left the long hair in a ponytail. Aquaman's look although similar had pants or leotards and stayed with him for years. So I wouldn't atribute it to Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, that Jae Lee look was done in a handful of comics as part of a very short story inbetween Byrne and Geoff isherwood's who rapidly returned him to the green trunks and only left the long hair in a ponytail. Aquaman look although similar had pants or leotards and stayed with him for years.
    It's true that Aquaman had the look longer. However, the idea isn't who had it the longest when you "borrow" concepts, styles, or anything else. It's who they took those idea's from.

So yes Namor had ,what will now probably be deemed, the "Momoa" look first. Aquaman followed suit in hopes to reclaim his popularity. Which worked for him for a short period of time.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    spoilers:
    The presence of the surfer's board saving Namor at the last minute indicates that it's another planet.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He flat out says "That tunnel. That damned tunnel. It was a portal to a world of water. A world without air, simply outer space." Couple that with surfers board points to them likely just being on some different planet rather than an alternate universe or pocket dimension.
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Lol Well damn I take it back you are right!

Mera has only recently become pretty cool. Its mostly due to the actual use of her Hydrokinesisis and her “Ride or Die” for her man atitude thats raised her popularity.

Well, Lady Dorma never had superpowers, per se, but she definitely pre-dates Mera. Of course, Chris Claremont did a superpower 'upgrade' of sorts when he brought in Counter Earth Lady Dorma, who was a warrior.

I'm not really sure I need to see a superpowered Lady Dorma, though.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

You guys made me buy the two first issues of The Best Defense... Just to say...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    You guys made me buy the two first issues of The Best Defense... Just to say...
    I like it so far. The set up really drives the "non-team" aspect. It kind of reminds me of a less Morrisony Seven Soldiers of Victory.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It's true that Aquaman had the look longer. However, the idea isn't who had it the longest when you "borrow" concepts, styles, or anything else. It's who they took those idea's from.

So yes Namor had ,what will now probably be deemed, the "Momoa" look first. Aquaman followed suit in hopes to reclaim his popularity. Which worked for him for a short period of time.
    Nah, that look wasn't borrowed from Namor, Jae Lee borrowed it from John Carter of Mars or any other science fiction fantasy hero, even Conan in Marvel might have worn something similar before. For sure Simon Bisley Slaine Horned God came first.
    My point is that look has always been more Aquaman's than Namor's who only wore it for an extremely short time hence my comment on that cover.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 12-06-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, there is a rumor Namor will be a DLC? Is this true?!
    Byrrah is rumored to be a boss and Atlantis is a site? I'm trying to confirm the rumor and is this only available on switch?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Well, I was so excited about the Aquaman movie until I saw the Avengers 4 teaser this morning. April cannot come fast enough! Makes me hope Marvel will do it better with Namor.

Namor Best Defense is getting a second printing! Well, all the Defenders issues, including the two that haven't dropped yet, are getting them. I think it's getting a Magno cover! Not sure if it is new art or something from the interior.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...-qui-gon-jinn/

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, there is a rumor Namor will be a DLC? Is this true?!
    Byrrah is rumored to be a boss and Atlantis is a site? I'm trying to confirm the rumor and is this only available on switch?
    I haven't seen that rumor, but I seriously doubt it is true. The trailer looks pretty much like the movies cast.

Byrrah? No, I can't see that. Byrrah has been dead since the 90s. IMO, chances are far greater that Attuma will be in it, rather than Byrrah. Actually, Attuma will be in it before, Namor, I predict.

I do believe it will only be available on Switch.

Might try asking Agent M -- I think he actually answers questions.

https://twitter.com/AgentM

Otherwise, check out or try asking Bill Roseman. He's in charge of Marvel Games.

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann

Or the Marvel Games twitter.

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames

I deced to give The Best Defense a shot and I loved it! Made me a lot more interested in Namor. I wouldn't mind a new ongoing by this creative team, or a Defenders relaunch.