Page 615 of 631 FirstFirst ... 115515565605611612613614615616617618619625 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Finally read the Namor one shot and must say I really like Carlo Magno's style, the story is pretty good and most of the times Namor sounds on character. I think the part where he pleads for water Zdarsky just wants to convey Namor going thru the horrors of war not unlike a regular soldier but as said before it doesn't works for me cause it doesn't sounds like Namor. I'm also having a hard time getting past this new look with the hair, the collars, and the weird costume. But nothing is perfect, don't want to get too critical, it is a good Namor story that respects the character and gives me hopes for the future.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This is gonna be something special.
    I hope so. It is PAST time.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

So in the latest Avengers the Squadron Supreme is supposed to have dealt with Namor's sea squad and the narrator only said that the Squadron was quite effective in dealing with them and just shows a single panel with Hyperion subduing Orka. That's two times Aaron has used Namor as a simple plot device, first in Thor when Thor and Namor supposedly had a fight where he gave us exactly one panel and now this fight with the Squadron Supreme. Two very interesting fights full of potential and we just know Namor lost. Really hate this and it is the sort of thing that never happened before and boils my blood as a Namor fan. Used to be that whenever Namor got introduced in a story you could bet the writer was going to dedicate an entire issue to show a huge slug fest and even if Namor was destined to loose because it wasn't his book you were sure going to see him not go down easily and enjoy some fantastic action.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    So in the latest Avengers the Squadron Supreme is supposed to have dealt with Namor's sea squad and the narrator only said that the Squadron was quite effective in dealing with them and just shows a single panel with Hyperion subduing Orka. That's two times Aaron has used Namor as a simple plot device, first in Thor when Thor and Namor supposedly had a fight where he gave us exactly one panel and now this fight with the Squadron Supreme. Two very interesting fights full of potential and we just know Namor lost. Really hate this and it is the sort of thing that never happened before and boils my blood as a Namor fan. Used to be that whenever Namor got introduced in a story you could bet the writer was going to dedicate an entire issue to show a huge slug fest and even if Namor was destined to loose because it wasn't his book you were sure going to see him not go down easily and enjoy some fantastic action.
    I just hope this means that Aaron won't be writing Namor into the Avengers any more. I would LOVE it if he was kept away from that book. I do not like his writing, and he has no clue how to write Namor. I really am putting all my hope with Zdarsky but I just really think the Invaders book will be giving us a clue about what's happening with Namor, he has those black eyes and I really think they are interesting but I do not want them to be a permanent fixture with his character for no reason.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hmmm. I didn't connect that to War of Realms. I don't think it means exactly what it looks like -- no "I have the power!" Doctor Doom moment, if you know what I mean. Though, from what I hear the last page of the Silver Surfer book made it seem like the board was doing the thinking.

Not quite what I meant, I was thinking more along the lines with the the implied retcons regarding the nature of the Atlantians.
    I dont want to go into detail since I dont know how to tag spoilers on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Evelake View Post
    Not quite what I meant, I was thinking more along the lines with the the implied retcons regarding the nature of the Atlantians.
    I dont want to go into detail since I dont know how to tag spoilers on this site

[spoil] hidden stuff [////spoil] but you only need one /, like this /spoil

Oh. spoilers:
    So, like the Atlanteans are the 11th Realm? I wasn't all that fond of Marvel adding a 10th Realm or the way it was done, so I probably wouldn't care much for the Atlanteans being added to the Asgardian mythos.

Someone posted in the Best Defense review thread that he thought the Atlanteans were half Frost Giants, because of their color and how they were used to bring down the hammers in Fear Itself. I disagreed with that retcon, as there's not any other connection, and far more evidence that the Atlaneans are magical or magic touched. But it is Jason Aaron, as you said, so we'll see how he retcons Namor into this.
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Finally read the Namor one shot and must say I really like Carlo Magno's style, the story is pretty good and most of the times Namor sounds on character. I think the part where he pleads for water Zdarsky just wants to convey Namor going thru the horrors of war not unlike a regular soldier but as said before it doesn't works for me cause it doesn't sounds like Namor. I'm also having a hard time getting past this new look with the hair, the collars, and the weird costume. But nothing is perfect, don't want to get too critical, it is a good Namor story that respects the character and gives me hopes for the future.

That scene bothered me a little also, because as you've said, I can't recall a time when Namor pled for anything -- especially in the Golden Age. Though, we forget that Namor, like so many in WWII, was young. Depending on when he was born, Namor was 16 - 18 when he first showed up in NY and he'd have been 18 - 20 when the US entered the war.

spoilers:
    I didn't care for his killing of the Vodani king either, but for now, I'm putting that down to Namor not being himself -- I just wish Zdarsky made that more clear.
    end of spoilers

I do wish they'd abandon the X-suit and go back to the speedo. The new costume, I can live with, because it appears to be an Atlantean uniform. Andromeda is wearing basically the same outfit.

Always like this of Marrina & Namor.

A3106CBC-0755-4036-BEC4-EB1C9C255AF7.jpg

That is a lovely panel. And one of the most heartbreaking of Fraction's take on Namor.

Mighty Member

That scene bothered me a little also, because as you've said, I can't recall a time when Namor pled for anything -- especially in the Golden Age. Though, we forget that Namor, like so many in WWII, was young. Depending on when he was born, Namor was 16 - 18 when he first showed up in NY and he'd have been 18 - 20 when the US entered the war.

spoilers:
    I didn't care for his killing of the Vodani king either, but for now, I'm putting that down to Namor not being himself -- I just wish Zdarsky made that more clear.
    end of spoilers

I do wish they'd abandon the X-suit and go back to the speedo. The new costume, I can live with, because it appears to be an Atlantean uniform. Andromeda is wearing basically the same outfit.
    Spoilers

I honestly didn't got bothered by the killing. The king seemed like an evil character and Namor being sort of a barbarian king himself meaning from a society were violence is not uncommon made it not such a shock to me, happens all the time in Conan stories, unlike the killing of his friend Stingray, that really shocked me and angered me but thank goodness was just a deceptive scene.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Always like this of Marrina & Namor.

A3106CBC-0755-4036-BEC4-EB1C9C255AF7.jpg
    Beautiful panel, Alan Davis is so good with this stuff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I just hope this means that Aaron won't be writing Namor into the Avengers any more. I would LOVE it if he was kept away from that book. I do not like his writing, and he has no clue how to write Namor. I really am putting all my hope with Zdarsky but I just really think the Invaders book will be giving us a clue about what's happening with Namor, he has those black eyes and I really think they are interesting but I do not want them to be a permanent fixture with his character for no reason.
    Its really a missed opportunity for me because Ed McGuinness is such a master of fights, slug fests, physicality and Namor going against Hyperion on a rematch drawn by McGuinness would have been such an awesome sequence but of course like you I'm not too sure Aaron would have written something Namor fans would like, although his fight against the Avengers was fantastic.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I recall seeing something in a comic or extra page where it showed Namor's surfacer drivers license type thing which could have been for fun but it said his birthday was feb. 2 1922. If Fen met Leonard sometime in the late 1920's and they were together for a time before Namor was born, even going on adventures with Captain Nemo that was shown in the last Defenders series (2011) and Namor was born in 1922 then he would have been 17 when he went to WWll.

The good thing about the upcoming series is we get to see the speedo again, but I really do hope if Namor does get a series then they go back to that for good.

Something is really wrong with Namor, no one has mentioned how his eyes look black. I personally think what happened in the last defenders is something he could do, especially since the king was threatening his people. He might have given him a chance but I think something else was influencing him too.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Namorita cosplayer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I recall seeing something in a comic or extra page where it showed Namor's surfacer drivers license type thing which could have been for fun but it said his birthday was feb. 2 1922.
    That was his hero registration card during Civil War.

296856-193361-namor.jpg

278 pounds kids! More proof our hero has no swimmers build.