Page 616 of 631 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Namorita cosplayer
    Wow! She did a perfect job!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Spoilers

I honestly didn't got bothered by the killing. The king seemed like an evil character and Namor being sort of a barbarian king himself meaning from a society were violence is not uncommon made it not such a shock to me, happens all the time in Conan stories, unlike the killing of his friend Stingray, that really shocked me and angered me but thank goodness was just a deceptive scene.
    I'm not sure the Vodani king was evil, but he definitely wanted to permanently get rid of Namor. And yes, that would definitely be the reaction of King Conan, and the way Namor has been portrayed for the last decade or so. But it wasn't how Namor used to be portrayed. Attuma was the barbarian, and Namor was the leader of one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet. But when I think about it, Marvel has always been confused about what being a ruling prince actually meant.

Its an interesting progression of Namor (and society) through the decades. In the Golden Age, Namor did kill people, from the first issue. He was comics first anti-hero. Of course, the war years, all the superheroes did. In the Silver Age, in the 60s Namor starts out as more villain than hero, but quickly becomes a misunderstood hero king. And he didn't kill, like all the heroes of the time. Then in the Seventies, when other characters like Wolverine and Punisher were introduced, anti-heroes who were following in Golden Age Namor's footsteps, the whole 'superheroes don't kill' rule was questioned and broken. My comic reading is somewhat spotty after Namor's last run in the 90s, until Civil War in the 00s. So, I'm not sure exactly when Marvel made Namor far more ruthless and willing to kill -- but I'm still not used to it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

That was his hero registration card during Civil War.

Attachment 74964

278 pounds kids! More proof our hero has no swimmers build.
    OH THANKS! lolol I know he is built big, and I love when that is shown, by him being one of the taller heroes in the room. I also feel his Atlantean genes have to do with all of their body mass maybe being denser than humans?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

That was his hero registration card during Civil War.

Attachment 74964

278 pounds kids! More proof our hero has no swimmers build.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    OH THANKS! lolol I know he is built big, and I love when that is shown, by him being one of the taller heroes in the room. I also feel his Atlantean genes have to do with all of their body mass maybe being denser than humans?
    He just has big bones. ;p

Mighty Member

No excuses guys, no denser than humans or big bones. 6'2" 278 pounds is definitely a bodybuilder. I'm 6'2" 220 not a huge guy but not a small one either. I'm sharing a pic of me cosplaying as Bane this past November at the GamerComic Expo 2018.

But this is a 6'3" 260 pounds bodybuilder I follow. If Namor is 6'2" 278 pounds he is a beast more impressive than this guy. He is actually 20 pounds of muscle bigger than this guy and that's a huge difference, even more being an inch shorter at 6'2"!!!

Last edited by Thor-El; 12-15-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Thor-El I'm going to go ahead and thank you for sharing these and if I continue Namor's body type discourse will I be looking forward to even more images? *cough* asking for a friend...

(btw awesome cosplay)

Mighty Member

Thor-El I'm going to go ahead and thank you for sharing these and if I continue Namor's body type discourse will I be looking forward to even more images? *cough* asking for a friend...

(btw awesome cosplay)
    Thanks. LOL, sorry no more images. I think I already made my point although the bodybuilder haters will always complain.

OK so I know I say I like Namor to be tall but slimmer, like a swimmer's body and I will stick to that but Thor-El I want to say that you are also right because Kris Anka (I love his art) drew this as a commission (not for me and I don't claim this art) and he drew Namor as a giant compared to Pietro who is 6' 0" 175 lbs (79 kg)

namor pietro maximoff.jpg

Mighty Member

OK so I know I say I like Namor to be tall but slimmer, like a swimmer's body and I will stick to that but Thor-El I want to say that you are also right because Kris Anka (I love his art) drew this as a commission (not for me and I don't claim this art) and he drew Namor as a giant compared to Pietro who is 6' 0" 175 lbs (79 kg)

That's a very good drawing but Namor should be bulkier and Pietro should be much taller, after all there is supposed to be only a 2" difference and this looks like a 2' difference in height.

That's a very good drawing but Namor should be bulkier and Pietro should be much taller, after all there is supposed to be only a 2" difference and this looks like a 2' difference in height.
    I thought so too, I think it might have been the commissioners request or something? But Quicksilver should be taller.

Mighty Member

This is more or less the Namor I would be drawing if it was up to me. That's a guy that for sure fits the 6'2" 278 pounds description.

Very nice cosplay, Thor-El.

(btw awesome cosplay)
    LOL! For a friend.

I thought so too, I think it might have been the commissioners request or something? But Quicksilver should be taller.
    I'm not sure about any of these Marvel stats. They tend to fluctuate. I don't know if Quicksilver is 6 ft. But he's definitely not that short. I think that might have been a request of the commissioner.

This is more or less the Namor I would be drawing if it was up to me. That's a guy that for sure fits the 6'2" 278 pounds description.
    I wish I could art. I started this year because I want to draw Namor fan art, mainly of him and Lady Dorma because there isn't enough out there! But this is good, and a good visual reference. I wonder though because Wolverine is short and very heavy because of his adamantium bones, I know he and Namor have clashed in the past but Namor being able to move with his canon body weight through water means he has to be far stronger than Logan?

I think that Namor is a bit more than 278, Thor-El. ;p

The 90s Namor would have been your ideal Namor then.

I wish I could art. I started this year because I want to draw Namor fan art, mainly of him and Lady Dorma because there isn't enough out there! But this is good, and a good visual reference. I wonder though because Wolverine is short and very heavy because of his adamantium bones, I know he and Namor have clashed in the past but Namor being able to move with his canon body weight through water means he has to be far stronger than Logan?
    Wolverine isn't anywhere near as strong as Namor.

And you are entirely correct. There is no where near enough Namor and Lady Dorma fan art.