Page 623 of 631 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 9460
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    For those interested Comixology has MASSIVE SALE ! You can get 83% off several collected editions.

https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Ma...FsbENhcm91c2Vs
    OH thanks!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Vodan was a different planet? That wasn't clear to me at all. I figured Namor just swam to a different location.

Yaaaaa’llll !! Let me tell you something AquaNamor was beast! The Aquaman movie very well might turn everything around for DC if people go see it and if DC/WB doesn’t screw it up.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Okay, where are the rights for Namor to have his own movie? Because I've heard, like, six different answers.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Okay, where are the rights for Namor to have his own movie? Because I've heard, like, six different answers.
    Last I heard was Universal.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

You've heard like six different answers because even Kevin Feige isn't entirely sure: "I think there’s a way to probably figure it out but it does have — it’s not as a clean or clear as the majority of the other characters."
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Jimmy Kimmel made another Namor parody on his show and thought I would share that:

Parody one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StPPkd0E0Z4

Parody two:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApXY...ature=youtu.be

I made this funny edit because of the actor who they got to play Namor:

namor a force edit.jpg

It's kinda funny, but it makes me wonder if Kimmel is just using Namor because its easy to make fun of him or if Marvel/Disney want people to be more aware of the character since isn't ABC owned by Disney?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Jimmy Kimmel made another Namor parody on his show and thought I would share that:

Parody one:

Parody two:

namor a force edit.jpg

It's kinda funny, but it makes me wonder if Kimmel is just using Namor because its easy to make fun of him or if Marvel/Disney want people to be more aware of the character since isn't ABC owned by Disney?
    Or if Namor is being portrayed by Billy Eichner (American Horror Story); "Lesbians, we're under attack!"
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Parody one:

Parody two:

namor a force edit.jpg

Lol! Thanks for sharing that. Great edit! I thought this one was funnier than the first one. But it's interesting to see how much they know about Namor (the Horn of Proteus was a deeper dive), and yet, how much they ignore (Namor has had a trident for decades -- or IS a weapon himself), or get wrong (talking to fish and summoning dolphins).

I don't think it has much to do with corporate butting in. I'm guessing it is Kimmel being a comics fan. Not sure if Billy Eichner is or not. I thought he got sufficiently 'angry' with Kimmel at the end, though. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yaaaaa’llll !! Let me tell you something AquaNamor was beast! The Aquaman movie very well might turn everything around for DC if people go see it and if DC/WB doesn’t screw it up.
    They are getting my money! Glad to hear it was entertaining. I've got a few days off, so I'm going to see sometime this holiday.

EDIT: Just noticed the AquaNamor. LOL!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-22-2018 at 06:34 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Last I heard was Universal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    You've heard like six different answers because even Kevin Feige isn't entirely sure: "I think there’s a way to probably figure it out but it does have — it’s not as a clean or clear as the majority of the other characters."
    Yes, both. I tend to think Namor is in the same boat as The Hulk, except Marvel and Feige doesn't care to untangle the rights situation, like they've done with the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Vodan was a different planet? That wasn't clear to me at all. I figured Namor just swam to a different location.
    Yes, Vodan was another planet. The tunnel he went through to get to Vodan was a portal. I thought it was pocket dimension, but the last issue of the mini-series, Defenders Best Defense, makes it clear that Vodan is a planet, but part of the Train.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    A planet doesn’t need an atmosphere, but to have water and then space with nothing in between is definitely impossible. It would boil off.
    That's what I was reading. I was thinking water cycle not working, but the boiling off seems to be the issue. I'm guessing The Train somehow prevents this. Of course, the business of moving and throwing around around planets is even more eyebrow raising, and the point when you just have go with "it's comics!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    They are getting my money! Glad to hear it was entertaining. I've got a few days off, so I'm going to see sometime this holiday.

EDIT: Just noticed the AquaNamor. LOL!
    I might actually go see it again. Which is a big deal for me since I pretty much sworn off a DC movies. But I'm back now for the ones I have a feeling will be good.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I totally blame Marvel for shelving Namor all the time and it seems like DC is now reaping all the benefits of cool things that Namor did. I am a Everett fan but I always find it sad that he isn't as well remembered as Kirby, Lee, or Ditko, even though Daredevil is a huge hit and the series on Netflix is very popular, and he was a co-creator of that character.
    I don't think Bill Everett gets enough credit for comics and Marvel. Besides creating the first anti-hero of comics and the seminal flawed Marvel character, he firmly set Namor in the real world. Namor didn't attack some imaginary city, he attacked NYC. The Statue of Liberty was in one of his early comics as Namor's "home base." He and Burgos did one of the first superhero fights / team-ups. He was using the serial format, from the beginning. Just tons of stuff. I'm sure Stan Lee noticed while working in the Timely offices.

Oh man I really wanted to forget Atlantis Rising, lol, and thanks for the refresher on hickman's take. I tried to get into Aquaman years ago before I knew about Namor and was bored silly, so I knew a few things but of course, it has been like 10 years since a put down Aquaman, which I only tried out for a few months, and I could totally be misremembering some stuff but yeah DC does treat their character far better than Namor.
    At some point, I'm going to attempt an Aquaman read, to compare the stories to Namor's. And figure out who did it first. ;p I don't think Aquaman has been helped by the constant reboots and revamps, while essentially, Namor, and his continuity, has stayed the same.

As for Marvel's tangled Atlantis take, here's two links about it. This one is enlightening to me, as it attempts to layout the comics, in universe chronological order, not publishing order, where Atlantis appeared and try to merge it into a coherent history. Also, I find the Marvel Appendix to be pretty thorough, though it may not be as quick to update, and like the comic references, so I can go read it myself.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/greatcataclysm.htm

They say there have been two theories put forth as to the origin of the Homo Mermanus -- Neptune and Deviant genetic manipulation. There's also Atlantean sorcerers at the time of the Cataclysm and natural evolution.

They also include the take from Hercules with Atlantis growing up around the Omphlos, which would mean the Olympians are claiming they were around Pre-Catacylsm.

And related, here's an article talking about how The Eternals movie could lead to a Namor movie, i.e. the Deviant connection. I'm not sure about everything he puts forth, as I don't remember a lot from my reading of the Eternals and Deviants many many years ago.

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/...re-of-the-mcu/

Oh, meant to add ... Somewhere I was reading, but I don't think I saved it, that some of the survivors of Atlantis settled in Cimmeria, so Conan is a descendant of Atlanteans. They go on to say the Cimmerians became the ancestors of the Scottish, Irish, etc. So that makes Namor Atlantean from BOTH his parents!